Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown Dublin Racing Festival.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Mick Jazz is ordinary, nothing more nothing less
    Jezki is quality, class and proven, and still not that old yet

Legend of a horse

His Class is proven 3 years ago. Mick Jazz is now higher rated officially is on the upgrade and Jezki is regressing. Take off the blinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

FatRat wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a student price for this? None listed on the website.

Jump the wall over.

I couldn't knock Mick Jazz at all tbh, he had his problems last season with lameness or something. Probably would have been another one of Elliot's successes if he had to run at Cheltenham.
    Plus Gordy owns the half of him so hell be winning plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

FatRat wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a student price for this? None listed on the website.
    Got in contact with the racecourse there. €20 at the gate with valid ID

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

The Jezki fascination here is strange, he's done as a top level two miler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Say Faugheen does'nt run WB, would you be inclined to back melon v BVD?
    I would. I realise i am in a minority, nothing new there, but I really dont buy into the BVD Hype. Fine horse for sure, but you'd sware he had wings the way some lads are talking.
    He has never beaten Faugheen, never beaten Yorkhill, never beaten Melon. The jury is still out for me. Last years CH was weak, very weak.

Wish Jessie would let Jezki have a cut off it.

Think melon 4/1 without BD is a great bet nrnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Very disrespectful. Mick jazz done more than Jezki recently and is open to progression.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

lemush wrote: »
    The Jezki fascination here is strange, he's done as a top level two miler.

Multiple grade 1 winner
    Champion Hurdle winner
    Had one of THE great NH rivalries with HF
    oozes class and ability

Done as 3 miler but still a force at 2 miles if conditions suit

Jezki is one of the greats in modern times lads. Probably still Jessies most profitable horse she has had?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Multiple grade 1 winner
    Champion Hurdle winner
    Had one of THE great NH rivalries with HF
    oozes class and ability

Done as 3 miler but still a force at 2 miles if conditions suit

Jezki is one of the greats in modern times lads. Probably still Jessies most profitable horse she has had?

Referring to his previous victories have zero bearing whatsoever on his current standing in the two mile division. Especially considering his last grade 1 victory over 2m was four years ago. His time at the top level is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

lemush wrote: »
    Referring to his previous victories have zero bearing whatsoever on his current standing in the two mile division. Especially considering his last grade 1 victory over 2m was four years ago. His time at the top level is over.

I think lads get mixed up between fascination and value.

He is no 20/1 shot on even this years form , i think he is better over 2 and if Faugheen doesn't show he can actually win. If i can find a match bet between him and Mick Jazz ill be happy to belt away at that once the ground isn't too ridiculous.

He is only 10 (which isn't much of a handicap to Grade 1 hurdlers) .

Picking old lads on Grade 1 hurdles over the last year or two has been very successful. Go on the tent

Cant be sure he is running yet unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Moscow Flyer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Jesus, I wouldn't call him a modern great. Did well to win the Champion Hurdle when MTOY was the best horse in the race. Hurricane Fly was a pensioner when he was beating Jezki all those times. And have you heard of Moscow Flyer? Now he is an all time great.

Moscow flyer before my time old men! :)
    Its like when fellas today tell you how good Everton used to be, I have no memory of it so it didnt exist in my sphere :)

in my world NH Racing began with Denman!

Can anyone here see prices for Saturdays races on PP/Boyles websites?
    Sunday is priced up but nothing for Saturday

Moscow flyer before my time old men! :)
    Its like when fellas today tell you how good Everton used to be, I have no memory of it so it didnt exist in my sphere :)

in my world NH Racing began with Denman!

Can anyone here see prices for Saturdays races on PP/Boyles websites?
    Sunday is priced up but nothing for Saturday

Moscow Flyer was a legend. Even people with no interest in racing knew who Moscow Flyer was. You should watch his races back. We could seriously do with a horse like MF today. Would be quite the antidote to such fragile beasts like Douvan, Altior, and Faugheen.

Saturday's races have been declared so are no longer ante post. Sunday is still AP. Saturday's prices will be up this evening.

Everton were legends too WB ;)
    Apparently..............

Ah no, of course i know who MF was
    In my short span as a racing fan my fav horse has been Vautour
    Denman got me into racing
    Cue Card and Jezki were personal favs
    but Vautour made me LOVE racing

Everton were legends too WB ;)
    Apparently..............

Ah no, of course i know who MF was
    In my short span as a racing fan my fav horse has been Vautour
    Denman got me into racing
    Cue Card and Jezki were personal favs
    but Vautour made me LOVE racing

Yeah, I adored Vautour.

You'd have loved Moscow Flyer if you followed racing back then. Proper hero of a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

Speaking of proper heroes of horses you can't leave out my all time favourite - Viking Flagship. The 1995 Melling Chase is still one of my favourite all time finishes.

I remember Dan Barber and Jamie Lynch (Timeform) on with Simon Holt and Julian Muscat (RP) on The Sunday Forum last year, they were discussing the best races they ever saw at Cheltenham. They all more or less agreed Vautours 3 runs were in the top ten they ever saw. The three of them! The only question was in what order. Pretty sure JLT was the best, although I preferred the Ryanair and all that went with it.

I sobbed like a baby the day he died

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

PP had an offer when i was in at lunch of money back all losers if Faugheen wins at the weekend.

No idea how long they are doing it for but nice safety net if you fancied something against him.

I sware to God lads I hope Faugheen comes out Saturday puts 2 hurdles between himself and Defi/Jezki et al and then whallops BD in a few weeks

Would be like winning a WC to me, and I have only small amts on him
    Not about the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

PP had an offer when i was in at lunch of money back all losers if Faugheen wins at the weekend.

No idea how long they are doing it for but nice safety net if you fancied something against him.

That is worrying for Faugheen’s chances then given yard connections to that firm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

BumperD wrote: »
    That is worrying for Faugheen’s chances then given yard connections to that firm

Even without that connection I think Faugheen is an obvious one to pick out given he is on a retrieval mission, like Bristol de Mai last week. I love Ruby as a jockey but prefer to ignore anything he might have to say to a certain bookmaker. It rarely influences me either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I remember Dan Barber and Jamie Lynch (Timeform) on with Simon Holt and Julian Muscat (RP) on The Sunday Forum last year, they were discussing the best races they ever saw at Cheltenham. They all more or less agreed Vautours 3 runs were in the top ten they ever saw. The three of them! The only question was in what order. Pretty sure JLT was the best, although I preferred the Ryanair and all that went with it.

I sobbed like a baby the day he died

Well it’s all a matter of opinion I guess. Personally I would hail both Golden Cygnet and Montelado Supreme wins ahead of Vautour’s. Neither got the chance tragically to go on and prove how great they could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hurricane Flew

I sware to God lads I hope Faugheen comes out Saturday puts 2 hurdles between himself and Defi/Jezki et al and then whallops BD in a few weeks

Would be like winning a WC to me, and I have only small amts on him
    Not about the money

Won't believe he is running until he's at the start. Could put two hurdles between them alright.Defi and Jezki be at the last and Faugheen at the third last trotting home whilst mickjazz or melon are winning the race. Every chance Saturday could be last time he is seen on the racecourse unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Well it’s all a matter of opinion I guess. Personally I would hail both Golden Cygnet and Montelado Supreme wins ahead of Vautour’s. Neither got the chance tragically to go on and prove how great they could have been.

Our Conor's triumph has to be up there as well and with the same tragic caveat.

Never seen better than Vautour's JLT
    It was simply genuinely breathtaking stuff to see him jump a fence at that speed and make half a length on his own shadow each time

Footpad is similar

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Moscow Flyer was a legend. Even people with no interest in racing knew who Moscow Flyer was. You should watch his races back. We could seriously do with a horse like MF today. Would be quite the antidote to such fragile beasts like Douvan, Altior, and Faugheen.

Saturday's races have been declared so are no longer ante post. Sunday is still AP. Saturday's prices will be up this evening.

Remember the build up to the Moscow flyer v azertyuiop races. Throw in Well Chief around that time to and was a cracking division. A lot of the recent Champion Chases have been nothing of that quality in terms of depth imo

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Never seen better than Vautour's JLT
    It was simply genuinely breathtaking stuff to see him jump a fence at that speed and make half a length on his own shadow each time

Footpad is similar

Personally I think Denmans GC was as impressive, just jumped and ran them into the ground. His RSA win the previous season was also very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Anyway, back on topic :rolleyes:
    I notice some big guns from Gigginstown are missing from the Irish Gold Cup:
    Road to Respect, Disko and Balko des Flos. Any particular reason does one know?

• Advertisement

Anyway, back on topic :rolleyes:
    I notice some big guns from Gigginstown are missing from the Irish Gold Cup:
    Road to Respect, Disko and Balko des Flos. Any particular reason does one know?

Ground with RTR
    Disko had a setback awhile back and goes straight to Cheltenham I think
    Don't know about the latter.

Will be plenty more drop outs the morning of the races to I'd be sure

Advertisement