Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

Domestic address out in the country

UPS have said item delivered and I signed for it

Neither has happened

Item arrived in Finglas Friday

Yesterday the note online was that my house number didn't exist

My eircode is on the package

This is the third time,they've messed up delivery in a row,lazy driver ?

Never a bother with DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭j_lennon18

UPS trying charge me and send debt collectors for a package sent to me that I didn't know UPS were delivering and they decided to return back to the US.

Here is what happened over the last 2.5 months:

• A package/gift was sent to me without my knowledge from the US in January.
    • UPS never attempted to call/deliver the package or ask for any customs/import duty but decided to return it back to the US on their own accord.
      • Luckily, I have CCTV and phone logs to back up no contact.
    • Late February, I received 2 invoices from UPS and they created 2 accounts with my information without my consent.
    • I dispute it but they are adamant I have to pay and say I am the shipper of the item back to the US. They did that without contacting me!
    • In March, I receive a debt collector letter from ControlAccount.com. They shared my information without my consent to another company. GDPR violation?
    • I call UPS again to dispute it and call ControlAccount.com to make sure they know I am disputing it.
    • I called CCPC.ie for advice this morning and ironically they say they cant help as I am not a customer of UPS since no agreement was made between myself and UPS 😅
    • I send a separate complaint to UPS about the GDPR issue as I plan to follow-up with DataProtection.ie. I had 0 contact with UPS before they decided to create 2 accounts using my information and more importantly, they shared my personal details to another company without my consent. I never agreed to any terms with UPS.

I am currently waiting on 2 replies from UPS:

1. Proof of method/datetime of contacting me about the original delivery and proof I told them to return the item to the US.
    2. The name of the person/department to start the official complaint about them sharing my personal data so I can use the corresponding when making my official complaint with dataprotection.ie.

I suppose I'm here to rant (or help future people with this issue) as I'm pulling out my hair dealing with the UPS bullies for the last few weeks trying to resolve this disaster but if anyone has suggestions then I am all ears 👍️

Advertisement