Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I sober up in less than an hour?

Options
  • 31-12-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Basicly I went on the lash with the lads last night and it ended up a 5 o clock in the morning job. Suffering today and I I met one of my friends from last night who suggested the cure. We had 3 pints. I'm just back from that and I feel locked. I have dinner with the in-laws at 8 o clock. Any suggestions? Don't say coffee that will only make me worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,203 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yester wrote: »
    Basicly I went on the lash with the lads last night and it ended up a 5 o clock in the morning job. Suffering today and I I met one of my friends from last night who suggested the cure. We had 3 pints. I'm just back from that and I feel locked. I have dinner with the in-laws at 8 o clock. Any suggestions? Don't say coffee that will only make me worse.
    Litre of whiskey. Drink it in 90 seconds. You wont be worried about dinner then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yester wrote:

Upset stomach, need to stay near/on toilet. Avoid dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Speed.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Start horsing pints of water into ya, drink until you're sick and then drink some more.

Stop at 10 or so though, hyperhydration isn't nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Pfft. Typing whilst drunk. No such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Upset stomach, need to stay near/on toilet. Avoid dinner.

I'm feeling great. I'm more worried about my impending behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Another 3 pints will definitely cure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Power nap? And no more booze!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Speed.
    FFS!! Don't encourage him to get in a car:eek:

:pac:

• Advertisement

Speed.

I'm horsing pints of water and tea from other considerate posters. You just want to watch the world burn don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

May God have mercy on your soul.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Power nap? And no more booze!

Tried that. Way too amped up for power nap and now I'm sourcing spped. Thank you Princess Consuela Bananahammock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

If you're locked I can't imagine an hour would cure ya?

Water I suppose might help to get the gargle out of ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Cold shower a short time before you meet them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Freezing cold shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Kivaro wrote: »
    Another 3 pints will definitely cure you.

Once you start eating the dinner you'll be grand. Have a litre of water and then crack open another can of beer. They'll think you only had a cheeky pint even though you've been on the piss for a day and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

**** and force a drunk poop out.
    Be grand.
    Other than that and with utter seriousness don't go near the ****ing in laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I have dinner with the in-laws at 8 o clock. Any suggestions?

Trying to be on your best behavior for these people is giving them the upper hand. Have a few more drinks and try to make yourself look (more) like a tramp. Let them know who's running the extended family now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

Have a bottle of beer with them when you meet them. They'll just think you're a lightweight

• Advertisement

My main problem is my mouth when I'm drinking. So If (and it is an if ) I can stay quiet for the first hour or so, I might get away with it. I suspect I look like death though. I will drink tea and water in a freezing cold shower,

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I'm horsing pints of water and tea from other considerate posters. You just want to watch the world burn don't you?

This is definitely a legitimate suggestion. Enough to stimulate but not so much that you get high.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Trying to be on your best behavior for these people is giving them the upper hand. Have a few more drinks and try to make yourself look (more) like a tramp. Let them know who's running the extended family now.

Thanks a fu$$king million! Thats in my head now. I'm going to have another drink and walk in there and show them who is boss. ( Only joking. They are actually lovely people, just a little less wild than me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Vomit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

swallow some activated charcoal... or if no charcoal lick a lump of ordinary coal

Lemsiper wrote: »
    This is definitely a legitimate suggestion. Enough to stimulate but not so much that you get high.

I'm sure it is and thanks. It just makes me more talky to be honest. I don't have any anyway.

xabi wrote: »
    Vomit

NEVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

There's a thread around here somewhere about how to kill the mother in law, maybe considered a bit extreme but might be worth a quick read, could save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

swallow some activated charcoal... or if no charcoal lick a lump of ordinary coal

Seriously? I do have coal, but it's not like I'm pregent or anything. How does that work? I have coal and I will lick it if it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

dmc17 wrote: »
    Have a bottle of beer with them when you meet them. They'll just think you're a lightweight

Put water in beer bottles and skull them fairly quickly in front of them and say things like, jaysus I'm in the mood for a few beers tonight. They will think your just getting a bit tippsy for the night that's in it.

Advertisement