Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »
    They are home to West Brom in other game in GW whilst also having a nice run of fixtures coming up

They have a big advantage of an extended rest over West Brom too, who are struggling to score. On clean sheet there and a scatter of save points Vs Spurs for Adrian and they could be excellent

Same was said about Stoke on the small DGW last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

km79 wrote: »
    It’s an absolute certainty bavies will only play one of the 2 games

Yeah, a bit of a funny one. I didn't want 2 Chelsea Defenders away to Arsenal.

Regretting it already:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Elliot to Adrian and I'll bench Courtois for the week.

Pogba to Arnie who I may keep for a few weeks if he behaves, aways feel he is as likely to get a red card as much as a goal!

It will be Salah/Sane/Sterling to Ali/Son depending on injuries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hazard, Richarlison and Fabianski to Eriksen, Arnautovic and Adrian -4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Son & Arnie in Pogba RLC gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    Salah to Alli and Ricky/mata to Arnie looking very likely
    For free
    And easy switch back to salah after city game
    Wont lose much value as I was very late to the party

May go foster to Adrian as well
    Or possibly take the opportunity to shed Mariappa from my squad

I think taking Salah out is risky. He could score against anyone the form he’s in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Finally decided on
    Pope -> Adrian
    Sane -> Alli
    Surman -> Arnie
    Firminio -> Rooney

DCL will go next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,286 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Any word on Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Any word on Kane?
    Speculated on here it's minor and he should be grand. May not play the full 180 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Haz and RLC to Son and Arnie. Kept Ricky as don't see better value in that price range. Going to roll with 3-5-2 for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

hazard and morata out....erickson and kane in....have chelsea cover with azpil....spurs two are def more consistent with points aside fron dgw....now wether to do young to arnie for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Which two midfielders to get? Alli Eriksen Son Arnie?

Pickford, Elliott
    Christensen, Jones, Kenny, Duffy (Ward)
    Sterling, Salah, Richarlison, Hazard (King)
    Kane, Firmino, Calvert (Lewin)

2 free transfers and 1.9 million burning a hole in my pocket.

I can afford Hazard to Alli and King to Arnie leaving me a 3-5-2:

Pickford
    Jones, Duffy, Kenny or Christensen
    Sterling, Salah, Richarlison, Alli, Arnie
    Kane, Firmino

The question is should I go for a -4 and change Ward or Christensen to Ogbonna?

Has Christensen lost his place? Is there any news on when Ward will be back?

Christensen to Ogbonna would leave me 2.1 million in the bank so I could afford to get Hazard back in if I needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Christy was back in the bench after illness so I hope he'll be first choice again next game. Ward was "struggling to be fit" for yesterdays game and not on the bench. I suspect he won't make the next game.

I have both also so have been debating the same move and am keeping them both for now (I brought in Adrian)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think taking Salah out is risky. He could score against anyone the form he’s in.

Not if he is injured though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Klopp said they needed to check on him for Burnley. There is no confirmation he will even miss that game (although I suspect he will). Unless we hear that the injury is more serious than first thought, I think it’s madness to sell tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Salah was always going to get at least a one game rest anyway, except it would be unpredictable. A one game miss is acceptable, but we need more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have enough to do Hazard/Pogba/Firmino to Erikson/Arnie/Aguero for -4. Only Kane/Masaku for the DGW so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any press conferences scheduled for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at the possibility of getting Alli, Eriksen or Son in for a hit.

Problem is who to go. I have a lot of value made up on Salah. Could sell for 9.6 but buying back for 10.1 just doesn't make sense. Sterling and KDB my other 2 premium midfielders but have a tasty fixture at home to Watford.

Richarlison & RLC the other 2 but obviously no one in that price bracket for Spurs.

Otherwise it's looking at the defensive options. Worth a hit to bring Lloris in for Courtois maybe? Vertonghen in for Otamendi?

Will only have 2 DGW players in Kane and Masauku.

Depending on the KDB news, will probably now bring Alli/Eriksen/Son in for KDB for the DGW for a -4

Will look at bringing Aguero & 7.7 Mid for Spurs mid and Firmino the following week for a -4 too

Kyle Naughton and Ashley Young both looking at bans for dangerous play yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Carnage for me today, KdB and Dann are now an issue along with Silva not playing, Speroni been dropped, and Salah might be injured

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Guys what's the story with Christensen. Was the last game just a rest or should I be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jesus out for at least a month means aguero has to be brought in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Guys what's the story with Christensen. Was the last game just a rest or should I be worried.

Bit worried aswell but looking at the Chelsea team they were defo resting most the guys who played a lot recently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Bit worried aswell but looking at the Chelsea team they were defo resting most the guys who played a lot recently

I also missed his price drop last night which worries me even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would love to rage transfer Hazard and Morata out but, despite the pain they've put me through, I'm giving them a final chance against Arsenal.

I kept Kane this week and will keep Salah too I think.

Have looked at Free Hit option too but not convinced it's the right week for me. Tempted to TC Kane - had zero luck with it over the last 2 seasons (Carroll & Aguero)

Thinking Coutinho & Richarlison out for Arnie and Eriksen for a hit.

Current squad is:

Courtois Elliot
    Duffy Kenny Robertson Long Ogbonna
    Salah Coutinho Surman Hazard Richarlison
    Crouch Kane Morata

Edit: just seen the Jesus injury update from Pep....Morata to Aguerooooo and Salah to Eriksen now an option for a -4. Arnie in for Richarlison worth a -8 ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Not to plan too far ahead but I should be able to afford Eriksen/Alli and DCL to Zaha and Aguero after the double

Advertisement