Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin "safe zone" for women on NYE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Chrongen wrote: »
    ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I don't know. Given that thousands of organised rapes and sexual assaults happened all across Germany on new years eve a couple of years ago, I certainly wouldn't feel safe.

Thousands of "organised" rapes? Do you have figures for the number of rapes that occurred on new years eve a couple of years ago?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/10/leaked-document-says-2000-men-allegedly-assaulted-1200-german-women-on-new-years-eve/?utm_term=.c7dc61f570c4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Thousands of "organised" rapes? Do you have figures for the number of rapes that occurred on new years eve a couple of years ago?

Your right....far from thousands.

07.10.2016 the figures according to a report from welt.de

1200 crimal charges pressed , 19 court proceedings, 22 Charged.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article158631883/1200-Strafanzeigen-19-Verfahren-22-Angeklagte.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Well I said rapes and sexual assaults. And yes it was a planned attack. Or do you think groups of men spontaneously started attacking women after spontaneously gathering in large numbers

2000 perpetrators and 1200 reports of assaults and rapes. Would you really suggest that wasn't that bad?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/10/leaked-document-says-2000-men-allegedly-assaulted-1200-german-women-on-new-years-eve/

Well I said rapes and sexual assaults. And yes it was a planned attack. Or do you think groups of men spontaneously started attacking women after spontaneously gathering in large numbers

2000 perpetrators and 1200 reports of assaults and rapes. Would you really suggest that wasn't that bad?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/10/leaked-document-says-2000-men-allegedly-assaulted-1200-german-women-on-new-years-eve/

Nowhere does it say rape. What you largely had was sexual assaults with the goal of robbery in mind - eg - grab her by the ass/breast and then rob her handbag when shes distracted - by gangs of gougers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

The German people need to get tough on this shit. Arm the women with pepper-spray with dye in it and let the lads cops sort out the fuckers. If any immigrant is caught at it they should be deported, who gives a shit where, drop them off in Afghanistan.

Germans will rise if pushed enough, well a lot already are, they are a strong blooded people and will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Who would have thought that after all these years, the UN would be our biggest threat to peace and security.

Time to wrap it up and look after our civilization.

How is the UN the biggest threat to your peace and security? That's a fairly bold statement. Could you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What if the perpetrator is not an immigrant?

Jail. Any immigrants/refugees from outside the EU should be on 10 years probation and if they commit crimes against other people they should be deported to some godforsaken refugee camp and disbarred from ever entering the EU again.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Nowhere does it say rape. What you largely had was sexual assaults with the goal of robbery in mind - eg - grab her by the ass/breast and then rob her handbag when shes distracted - by gangs of gougers.

Stop down playing sexual violence. In many cases women had their clothes torn off and were penetrated with fingers. Not just grabbed by the ass. "Gangs of gougers" is yet more language attempting to minimize the attacks.

I can't imagine you speaking like this on the Harvey Weinstein thread tbh. Sure that was just a bit of assault with the goal of furthering their careers in mind. Good for them in the long run right? Harvey the auld horny devil. No, you wouldn't say that would you

Stop trying to put words in my mouth or suggest that I have stated anything just because I questioned your over-the-top claim. It's typical of people to make a hysterical claim and when questioned on it they shoot back with the usual "Oh I suppose you think they should be allowed to rape whoever they want. I suppose you think they should all be given a hug" bollocks.

Were there any more reported rapes on New Years Eve in germany a couple of years ago than on any other day on average?

If you make a claim then back it the fcuk up and don't get all indignant when someone treats your claim with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

Stop down playing sexual violence. In many cases women had their clothes torn off and were penetrated with fingers. Not just grabbed by the ass. "Gangs of gougers" is yet more language attempting to minimize the attacks.

I can't imagine you speaking like this on the Harvey Weinstein thread tbh. Sure that was just a bit of assault with the goal of furthering their careers in mind. Good for them in the long run right? Harvey the auld horny devil. No, you wouldn't say that would you

Stop accusing people of things they didn't do. Where did the poster downplay sexual violence? You make a dubious claim and when called out on it the best you can do is accuse others of triviliasing sexual assault. Cheap trick.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth or suggest that I have stated anything just because I questioned your over-the-top claim. It's typical of people to make a hysterical claim and when questioned on it they shoot back with the usual "Oh I suppose you think they should be allowed to rape whoever they want. I suppose you think they should all be given a hug" bollocks.

Were there any more reported rapes on New Years Eve in germany a couple of years ago than on any other day on average?

If you make a claim then back it the fcuk up and don't get all indignant when someone treats your claim with a pinch of salt.

Why don't you find the stats and find out? 28 rapes were reported as part of these events. According to the police the level of violence was unprecedented but maybe just maybe they are lying and I guess it was nothing unusual. One can always hope right?

Also, I apologise for saying thousands when it was only 1200. Maybe I was getting mixed up with the thousands of men involved.

More gibberish. If you came out and falsely claimed that Weinstein raped hundreds of women, just because you like to make over the top claims either for your own kicks or for the shock value and you are then challenged on your claim are you going to accuse the challenger of being an apologist for rape just for calling you out on bullsh1t?

Stop accusing people of things they didn't do. Where did the poster downplay sexual violence? You make a dubious claim and when called out on it the best you can do is accuse others of triviliasing sexual assault. Cheap trick.

saying that robbery was the primary motivation and it was mainly ass grabbing and describing the perpetrators as merely "gougers" is down playing. Maybe he/she should read accounts of the some of the women attacked. It was more than ass grabbing ffs.

Also, when called out on my "dubious" claim I supplied a link with evidence. It was thousands of men but only over a thousand assaults. Why get so hung up on the fact that I said thousands? Has that person supplied evidence that there were no more rapes than usual that year?

More gibberish. If you came out and falsely claimed that Weinstein raped hundreds of women, just because you like to make over the top claims either for your own kicks or for the shock value and you are then challenged on your claim are you going to accuse the challenger of being an apologist for rape just for calling you out on bullsh1t?

I said rapes and assaults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Odhinn wrote: »

There you have it folks .................. Irish liberals telling us what was in the minds of sexual predators on a New Year's Eve night a couple of years in the German city of Cologne. Of the 1,139 crime victims who filed complaints after that night, 529 of them were victims of sexual assault. Maybe our compassionate countryman could tell these 529 victims of sexual assault that robbery was the main goal of their assailants; the sexual aspect of what happened to them occurred to "distract" them in order to rob their handbags.

What utter rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    What are you on about?! The most multicultural country in the world is the US and it has been the greatest success on this planet.

Tell that to the Native Indians who now only make up 1% of there own ****ing country

Kivaro wrote: »
    There you have it folks .................. Irish liberals telling us what was in the minds of sexual predators on a New Year's Eve night a couple of years in the German city of Cologne. Of the 1,139 crime victims who filed complaints after that night, 529 of them were victims of sexual assault. Maybe our compassionate countryman could tell these 529 victims of sexual assault that robbery was the main goal of their assailants; the sexual aspect of what happened to them occurred to "distract" them in order to rob their handbags.

What utter rubbish.

What do you expect that fella made a complete show of himself defending Pamlea izevbekhai to the bitter end until she was finally outed and deported

He defends criminals as long as they are non white no matter the argument, there's always a reason to make excuses for them, because he sees racism everywhere

It's like he views them as inferior and constantly needing protection from the big bad white man

But yet he's foaming at the mouth at the thought of the English, ya know 800 years and all that. He even celebrated Pegda members being beaten up in Dublin a hypocrite of the highest order in the politics cafe with a fellow antifa wannabe who was bragging about "beating facist heads in"

It has absolutely nothing to do with mental illness. It had more to do with a primitive form of behaviour stemming from the fact that they do not respect western culture or religion. They see every woman who isnt Muslim, living as they believe, as free meat to be treated as they wish.

They are 100 years or more behind us in their thinking and behaviour.

Kivaro wrote: »
    There you have it folks .................. ........

If you bothered researching, you'd see that was exactly what was in mind for most of it.
    ceadoin wrote:
    Stop down playing sexual violence

The problem is people exaggerating it.

• Advertisement

It has absolutely nothing to do with mental illness. It had more to do with a primitive form of behaviour stemming from the fact that they do not respect western culture or religion. They see every woman who isnt Muslim, living as they believe, as free meat to be treated as they wish.

They are 100 years or more behind us in their thinking and behaviour.

Think he's referring to those who see themselves as our more "tolerant" and self labeled intellectual superiors who try to explain to the rest of us who just don't understand all these multicultural benefits as ya know we're not "educated" enough to understand the multicultural benefits like grooming gangs, mass rape, no go zones and eventual terrorism

I mean it's all part and parcel of living in a colourful rainbow nation

Think he's referring to those who see themselves as our more "tolerant" and self labeled intellectual superiors who try to explain to the rest of us who just don't understand all these multicultural benefits as ya know we're not "educated" enough to understand the multicultural benefits like grooming gangs, mass rape, no go zones and eventual terrorism

I mean it's all part and parcel of living in a colourful rainbow nation

Realised it as it was too late....:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But maybe they are also primitive :D:D:D

How many of the victims knew their attacker? Since the majority of rapes and attempted rapes are perpetrated by someone the victim knows do you have those figures for these 20+ reported rapes?

I said rapes and assaults.

So how many rapes then? You see you have no problem saying there were "THOUSANDS OF RAPES (and assaults). You try to cynically allude to there being 1000s of rapes when we don't even know if any reported rapes were any more or less than the statistics for any other day.

So go on....how many rapes were there? How many of the victims knew their assailant? And how did the rape figures differ from any other day in Germany as a whole?

I'm not denying the assault/groping numbers. 600 in Cologne, 400 in Hamburg according to that article.

I'd like figures for the much more serious claim that there were mass rapes.

If a punch up occurs at a venue and multiple people are assaulted and injured and someone then comes along and says that there were multiple assaults and mass MURDERS then I would like to know the figures and the source of those figures.

So how many rapes then? You see you have no problem saying there were "THOUSANDS OF RAPES (and assaults). You try to cynically allude to there being 1000s of rapes when we don't even know if any reported rapes were any more or less than the statistics for any other day.

So go on....how many rapes were there? How many of the victims knew their assailant? And how did the rape figures differ from any other day in Germany as a whole?

I already told you..28 rapes. Given as these were reported as being part of the mass assault events then I highly doubt the victims knew the perpetrator. I guess that's why the police described the events as unprecedented, because they differed wildly from the usual reported crimes on NYE. likewise with the number of reports. If you think that perhaps the police are wrong and the stats are no higher than the average then knock yourself out to find sources if you want?

"your heart would break for her"?
    What happened to her?

I am embarrassed for the German men letting this happen to their women

I'm not even gonna sugar coat this.

It's because generations of Germans have been emotionally and mentally abused since the cradle with this "shame" and "guilt" over the Holocaust and World War 2

Not to mention the fact anyone under the age of 78 or so would have been born AFTER the war ended

Yes what happened is awful have memorials even a minutes silence now and again but **** off with instilling this ingrained guilt for something they never took part in

There's nothing wrong with wanting to defend your people, nation or culture. The Germans would are so ****ed up mentally the thought of mass deportions would have them whipping themselves like Opus Dei members

I read that it was 4 in 2 months.
    So who were the perpetrators in these attacks since I don't know if anybody has been charged?

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the 20+ reported RAPES not the groping that occurred at the train station.

Ceadaoin stated that there were 28 reported rapes in Cologne but won't go any further than that. He won't acknowledge that since the majority of rapes are perpetrated by someone known to the victim and since this is a fact then it would stand to reason that if the 28 victims were German women then chances are the majority of these rapes were instigated by German men.

How many of these 28 reported rapes occurred at house parties?

Advertisement