Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day - Plans?

Options
12346»

Comments

In other words, your ideal night is sitting alone with a phone telling thousands of strangers online that you hate strangers and see little potential value in them.

When I think of some of the arseholes I had in my drinking company over the years, and some of the types I see in the pub now who think having a tattoo and a beard is a good substitute for charisma and intelligence, I have no issue with beer at home, a tablet, and a few of my old friends who survived my reassessments on messenger. On a night like this most of us agree we couldn't face the hordes of identikit 20 somethings who will pack the pubs, all thinking their particular brand of loud and boorish behaviour is novel and "gas craic".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Loving this thread. :D

Going stir crazy at this stage. Eating far too much, I'm like a blimp on the sofa here.

Long walk in the fresh air in the morning for me.

Ye I'd to go for a walk yesterday. Looking forward to the gym being open tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Bought a load of very strong beers as normal stuff isn’t working. Still it’s doing nothing. Back in work in morning and glad to go. I get oppressively bored on Xmas and Stephens day usually I love time off there’s just something off for me on these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Patww79 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even go down that road as the alarm would go off in the beer forum and someone would be along to scoff and look down their nose/beard at whatever I'd bought.

They're all too strong and too heavy for when you're full of potatoes/lindt/tayto around the clock though. A bad choice around Christmas time and an utter waste of money.

More fool you then to spend 120 quid on beer you don’t like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Well don't be stupid, I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't like them. They're just a waste at a time of year when you're eating round the clock.

I'll drink them!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I instantly dislike people I don't know and on the very rare occasion they prove they're worth liking. People these days are, for the very most part, absolutely awful though. The ones that aren't trying to take advantage are just trying to bore you with their ****e.

But keeping to myself I don't do anyone any harm.

_

I'm glad you do us all a favour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

anna080 wrote: »
    There is a nightclub near me open at 00:01 tonight. Disgraceful. Hope it ends up bombing but I'd say there'll be plenty there.

Tomorrow I spend lounging in my finest Penneys pajamas. Might go for a few quiet drinks in town and hopefully get a seat somewhere before the madness begins.

Going to pub in your finest penneys pyjamas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Lomza is making me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I actually think the TV this year has been very good lots of good film's on.

Back to the Future was on earlier, Jurassic World this evening and now Ex Machina

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Heaving crowds in pubs?
    Aint nobody got time for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well BTTF is a classic so I watched some of it and recorded some. BTTF 2 is on tomorrow. I had never seen Jurassic World before. Have to say it could have been better there was a lot of bad mistakes in it and it seemed very rushed in parts but the dinosaurs looked great.
    Ex Machina I have seen so that means I can have it on and be online don't have to concentrate on it too much kinda just half watching it lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement