Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day - Plans?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Out for a stroll I can _kinda_ understand.

Standing around in a bookies. Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Ran up Mangerton in snow with 2 others, great morning. Now, have spent enough great nights in the pub so not one of those "my body is a temple" puritans,I find that shtick boring. But often think that more of my favourite outings and memories involved hours in the mountains than hours in the pub...in fact the best nights there were the ones I couldn't remember the morning after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

This year is terrible two of best friends are sick and not going out. Wife and kids are away visiting sister and friends kids.I want to go out for a drink but thoughts of going on my own and, standing around chatting to nobody in a pub would feel weird. I had more confidence doing this when was younger heading out on my own and socializing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You've just described my ideal night out. Get a table and bring the phone, job done.

Jeez you don't like people much do you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I had McDonald's for breakfast and now I'm waiting for Chinese.

We're watching a film and have the fire lit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I avoid sitting at a table alone personally. I live in a city so pubs will be packed with people. I probably have a couple drinks at home and make up my mind then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The wife is heading out with her friends so I'm babysitting tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

SeaFields wrote: »

Why is that father's call looking after their children "babysitting" ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I done a 10km run, then some resistance band training.

Napped, and I'll probably have a few bottles of Tyskie (lovely stuff which I developed a taste for on a recent visit to Cracow) with either a book or (any Netflix recommendations?) something on the box.

I instantly dislike people I don't know and on the very rare occasion they prove they're worth liking. People these days are, for the very most part, absolutely awful though. The ones that aren't trying to take advantage are just trying to bore you with their ****e.

But keeping to myself I don't do anyone any harm.

_

Ah no. Most people are good and kind and decent. In fact I was in Boots today and had a nice little chat with two of the staff. Before that a stranger helped me with something car related. I was standing looking under the bonnet like an eejit and over he came. He struggled to open the coolant and we had a bit of a laugh about that.

Look for the good Patt because I promise you it's there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

SeaFields wrote: »

When they're your own kids it's "parenting" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Going to see Star Wars in the morning at 10:30. Home and cook a roast lamb dinner and hopefully have it ready in time for the Leinster v Munster game.

Find a film or Netflix then for the evening. Have had enough of drink after Friday and Saturday.

Well got Star Wars and the roast lamb dinner done and I have to say both were a resounding success!!

Watched the first half of the rugby at home and went to my local for the second half, had one pint and left again as the crowd there was fairly large and I could do without that.

Might head out for a 5 mile run around 7pm. Or I could be lazy because I did 5 miles yesterday and the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Well got Star Wars and the roast lamb dinner done and I have to say both were a resounding success

How was Star Wars? Might go tomorrow.

Must admit I've often had a pint alone but never even considered going to cinema alone which is odd because the former is more conducive to conversation and company than the latter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Had a good feed there, the leftovers from yesterday. Lying on the couch now, fire blazing and ET on the telly. No callous to work so far, but back on the road tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Made the guts of 500 euros off the bookies so a profitable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Was planning on having a beer in hand by this stage of the day but the small fella had other ideas. High temperature since last night so currently waiting in a packed South Doc waiting room. FML!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Collie D wrote: »
    How was Star Wars? Might go tomorrow.

Must admit I've often had a pint alone but never even considered going to cinema alone which is odd because the former is more conducive to conversation and company than the latter.

I've gone to the cinema alone before I bought my nephew today.

Just got a whatsapp from the lads looking for pints........

• Advertisement

As I said I do no harm to anyone by despising them as I don't bother them.

As for evening plans today, I had another dinner along the lines of yesterday this afternoon so I'd say I'll be in the bed by 8. Tried a gin and tonic there but it's got nowhere to go.

But you may be harming yourself.

Give yourself an hour and try the gin again. It will send you off in a nice sleep. I've a 7% beer for exactly that purpose! :) Well also because it's new and I like trying different craft beers.

I bought a whole heap of 'craft' beers for the Christmas, I'd say 120 quids worth, and have only been able to touch a couple of bottles of it over the last 4 days as I've been too full the whole time.

*eyes light up*

What sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I instantly dislike people I don't know and on the very rare occasion they prove they're worth liking. People these days are, for the very most part, absolutely awful though. The ones that aren't trying to take advantage are just trying to bore you with their ****e.

But keeping to myself I don't do anyone any harm.

In other words, your ideal night is sitting alone with a phone telling thousands of strangers online that you hate strangers and see little potential value in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Loving this thread. :D

Going stir crazy at this stage. Eating far too much, I'm like a blimp on the sofa here.

Long walk in the fresh air in the morning for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Long walk in the fresh air in the morning for me.

Long walk to the fridge more like.

/cracks open nth tin of celebrations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Long walk to the fridge more like.

/cracks open nth tin of celebrations :D

If I eat much more I'll have to leave the house and go live in a field. :P

• Advertisement

Advertisement