Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compelling evidence that intelligent alien life has visited Earth

Options
  • 20-12-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/942925945916162048

The man who ran the UFO division in the Pentagon says their is compelling evidence that intelligent alien life has visited Earth.

I believe there is a high possibility of intelligent alien life existing.
    Look at life on Earth, then think of all the billions and billions of stars in our own galaxy, and all the planets around these stars.
    Then to think there are billions and billions of galaxies each with billions and billions of stars and stars with multiple planets.
    The odds on intelligent life increase greatly.

Now a person who worked on the UFO investigative section in the Pentagon believes the evidence exists that aliens have visited Earth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I think nearly everyone agrees its very likely other intelligent life exists somewhere. it just that no matter where it may be its extremely far away and so chances of interaction are very low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Kerry Katona?

Oh wait they said intelligent alien life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Never in recorded history... Donald Trump would be singing it from the rooftops if it had happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Never in recorded history... Donald Trump would be singing it from the rooftops if it had happened

You think it would only be Donald Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Think of what you're saying man - He'd keep schtum, Donald has got to be an alien himself. Humans don't come in that colour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

CRAB PEOPLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

wakka12 wrote: »
    I think nearly everyone agrees its very likely other intelligent life exists somewhere. it just that no matter where it may be its extremely far away and so chances of interaction are very low

Yeah, Space is crazy huge! our nearest Star System is so far away that it would take something like the Voyager Probe 40, 000 years to reach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Any other intelligent life form, would keep the absolute foook away from planet earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Ex Pentagon UFO researcher grows goatee and has mid life crisis.

And that "extraterrestrial" artifact was an artist's impression. For all we know it could have been a spaceship full of Klingons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

9189283.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

"Intelligent" life probarbly exisits all around us at this very moment in time it's just we as humans don't have the senses of equipment to notice or communicate with such life forms.
    What's the quote? "it's life Jim but not as we know it" .

I always think we're a tiny part of something unfathomabley huge like our universe is the nucleus of an atom of something bigger.... much bigger.

Ah well day dreaming won't pay the mortgage, back to beating lumps of timber together for the afternoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That DoD video is pretty compelling though. Not some grainy, shaky nonsense from a cornfield in Alabama, it's an actual video from an aircraft. That said, it looks like it's in infrared, so there's every chance this is some kind of meteorological phenomenon causing "tic tac" shaped dark spots on the IR.

What has amazed me is that the more cameras there seems to be, the less videos of UFO sightings that have come about.

Tbh, alien life visiting earth wouldn't be a surprise from the "Oh, you exist" point of view. It's pretty much a given that alien life must exist somewhere. What it would do is completely blow our model of physics, and understand of the universe wide open.

If life can visit us, then it means they've traversed unimaginable distances, either by breaking the laws of physics as we know them, or by building an intergenerational craft - which is still well beyond our capabilities. And on the balance of probabilities would also provide a solution for Fermi's paradox by asserting that life is extremely common.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

He doesn't have evidence, just believes there's evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

We know of at least 13 planets including our own in the Circumstellar habitable zone.

These planets I believe were only discovered recently (Last 10/15 years of looking)

There is without doubt intelligent life out there.

Bare in mind there are star systems that are millions of years older than ours, Humans have only existed in our current form for approx 50,000 years.

There could be species on other planets that are 10 times that age, and as such would have developed significantly move advanced tech. Such to the extent that it could be beyond our understanding.
    IE Faster than light travel, Time Dilation and they would surely have licked quantum physics.
    Even if we got our hands on one of these things it would be unlikely that we would be able to reverse engineer it.

I suppose it's plausible that they may have visited here but unlikely that they would have stayed, as we probably have very little (Or nothing) to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

seamus wrote: »
    That DoD video is pretty compelling though. Not some grainy, shaky nonsense from a cornfield in Alabama, it's an actual video from an aircraft. That said, it looks like it's in infrared, so there's every chance this is some kind of meteorological phenomenon causing "tic tac" shaped dark spots on the IR.

What has amazed me is that the more cameras there seems to be, the less videos of UFO sightings that have come about.

Tbh, alien life visiting earth wouldn't be a surprise from the "Oh, you exist" point of view. It's pretty much a given that alien life must exist somewhere. What it would do is completely blow our model of physics, and understand of the universe wide open.

If life can visit us, then it means they've traversed unimaginable distances, either by breaking the laws of physics as we know them, or by building an intergenerational craft - which is still well beyond our capabilities. And on the balance of probabilities would also provide a solution for Fermi's paradox by asserting that life is extremely common.

Linky to this video?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/cnn/status/942925945916162048

The man who ran the UFO division in the Pentagon says their is compelling evidence that intelligent alien life has visited Earth.

I believe there is a high possibility of intelligent alien life existing.
    Look at life on Earth, then think of all the billions and billions of stars in our own galaxy, and all the planets around these stars.
    Then to think there are billions and billions of galaxies each with billions and billions of stars and stars with multiple planets.
    The odds on intelligent life increase greatly.

Now a person who worked on the UFO investigative section in the Pentagon believes the evidence exists that aliens have visited Earth.

Short version; Guy who worked all his life looking for extra-terrestrial life doesn't want to admit it's all been a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'

-Arthur C. Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

grahambo wrote: »

I suppose it's plausible that they may have visited here but unlikely that they would have stayed, as we probably have very little (Or nothing) to offer.

One of the previous posters mentioned Fermi's paradox.
    This basically says that if life was reasonably common then the whole place should be swarming with advanced life forms who have existed for millions or billions of years.

The human race evolved in 4.5 billion years (the age of the planet).
    The universe is 14 billion years old. So there should be millions of advanced species which have evolved advanced life billions of years ago. We should be able to detect life easily if there were this many interstellar species.

So either interstellar travel is actually not possible, everyone else is so advanced that they are staying away from our primitive species, or its inevitable that advanced life eventually destroys itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Me and my friends saw ‘something’ in the sky in 1993.This thing was sitting still in the sky and was absolutely huge,partially hidden behind the clouds.I half remember saying something like “Ok lads,I don’t think that’s a plane”.We were looking at it for about 30 seconds and I had to stop because I was fairly freaked out.We then went indoors.I remember there was something in the media about UFO sightings soon after.

Then I stumbled across this old boards thread yesterday.The last post is a bit spooky.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72229308

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I think there are no intelligent ETs in the universe and that The Great Filter is behind us.

That air force video was pretty cool though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

I reckon we are alone insofar as we are the only sentient beings in this universe which is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

If we scale the Sun down to the size of a white blood cell, then the Milky Way will be the size of the United States (continental)

And there are more stars in the Milky Way than there are grains of sand
    on a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

seamus wrote: »

Linky to this video?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/12/19/us/pilot-david-fravor-ufo-jim-sciutto-outfront-cnntv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

One of the previous posters mentioned Fermi's paradox.
    This basically says that if life was reasonably common then the whole place should be swarming with advanced life forms who have existed for millions or billions of years.

True, but Life cannot exist (as we know it) in the void of space.
    Life also cane only evolve in the Circumstellar habitable zone (Goldilocks zone)
    Therefore we wouldn't expect to find life on every planet, but in the places where it can exist, it should flourish.
    The human race evolved in 4.5 billion years (the age of the planet).
    The universe is 14 billion years old. So there should be millions of advanced species which have evolved advanced life billions of years ago. We should be able to detect life easily if there were this many interstellar species.

Yes Earth was created approx 4.54 billion years ago but life only appeared on Earth 4.28 Billion years ago. Although Fractional, it is still a huge amount of time.
    Example only in the last 100 years have we been able to split the atom, launch satellites into orbit, build a space station, build micro processors etc etc.
    The rate of our technological evolution is exponential.

Also factor in things like religion and the dark ages which effectively prohibited science for hundreds of years and it's easy to see how a species that began at effectively the same starting line as us could be thousands of years more advanced
    So either interstellar travel is actually not possible, everyone else is so advanced that they are staying away from our primitive species, or its inevitable that advanced life eventually destroys itself.

2 and 3 are probably correct. We nearly managed number 3 ourselves in October 1962

I certainly hope 1 is not.

I forgot to add,looking back now what I saw was probably a Mothership.I have always taken a passing interest in UFOs ever since.There is plenty evidence of incidents involving Pilots,Police etc and one famous case involving a UFO and 64 kids playing in a school yard in Zimbabwe in 1994.There will be a documentary film about that case coming out in early 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Without the ability to travel at or above the speed of light you can pretty much rule out any alien visitors.

Chrongen wrote: »
    Without the ability to travel at or above the speed of light you can pretty much rule out any alien visitors.

Did it occur to you that their technology could be a million years more advanced than ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

c_man wrote: »
    I think there are no intelligent ETs in the universe and that The Great Filter is behind us.

Not according to the church anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Did it occur to you that their technology could be a million years more advanced than ours.

Yes that may be so, but it could also be that it is impossible to travel faster than light, regardless of how advanced your technology is. (I hope not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm not even sure there's intelligent life in the Dail.

Advertisement