Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean 8 (2018)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matt Damon reprising his role as Linus so it's a continuation more than a remake I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

OK.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. That's a pretty phenomenal cast.

It's great to see Mindy Kaling now starring alongside the likes of Bullock, Blanchett, and Hathaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

My question is how do people keep casting Rihanna in movies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ocean's Ohno,

Frank and Dean down in hell ain't no supposed to be no dames in our film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trailer for the Trailer:

One thing is for certain - it'll be better than Ghostbusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This trailer for a trailer sh1te is getting painful now and I just decided I won't go to see any movie that does it anymore I'll just wait for it to come out on Netflix instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Here it is, the female Ocean's 11. With a cast including Sandra Bullock (playing Clooney's characters sister), Cate Blanchett, the awesome but underused Sarah Paulson, Helena Bonham Carter, and Anne Hathaway (going by the trailer, have a feeling she be the female villain). Could do without the awful James Cordon in it, but with a Matt Damon Cameo and hopefully more nods to the brilliant but underrated Oceans films (the first film is a classic, 12 is underrated imo and 13 is very enjoyable). If Bullock and Blanchett come close to matching Clooney and Pitt's chemistry and it's as good as the first Ocean's film then we're on for a classic. The Trailer is fine.

• Advertisement

Full trailer:

Yeah, I'm totally buying that Danny Ocean is really dead in these movies.

Hopefully this is as fun as 2001's Ocean's 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Awkwafina? Isn't that bottled water by Coca-Cola?

That poster is incredibly annoying too as a) the names and lineup don't match and b) one is facing to the right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

James Corden's in it? I'm most definitely out.

James Corden's in it? I'm most definitely out.

Sexist, fattist, or xenophobe. You surely must be one. That's how it works with people who don't like these remakes, right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks as stylish and breezy as the other Ocean's films, and Clooney / Soderbergh are producing so looks like there's a definite genetic link behind the scenes (the director, Gary Ross, has a ... varied, if unremarkable CV though). So if this one manages to maintain the frothy charm of the first & third films - nobody wants another Ocean's 12 - it could be a good one.
    Sexist, fattist, or xenophobe. You surely must be one. That's how it works with people who don't like these remakes, right?

Bullock is playing Danny Ocean's sister, so it's a spin-off, not a remake. </pedantry>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hey, that looks an Ocean's n film! Could be good :). Great cast!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At first blush I can't decide if it feels a bit flat, of if that's just the fault of the trailer. A lot of the jokes didn't land at all for me, while the 'action' snippets didn't feel that exciting compared with the precision watches that were the previous Oceans... films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Underwhelming, really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

pixelburp wrote: »
    At first blush I can't decide if it feels a bit flat, of if that's just the fault of the trailer. A lot of the jokes didn't land at all for me, while the 'action' snippets didn't feel that exciting compared with the precision watches that were the previous Oceans... films.

What jokes :confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote: »

It's not a great trailer but it's kind of unfair comparing a trailer to full movies. Heist movies and especially the Ocean movies rely on slick/subtle action which would be difficult to show in a trailer without giving stuff away.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Cate and Sandy have good chemistry like George and Brad it could be decent, sometimes a bad trailer can lead to a good flick

Using Kali Linux. Nice!
    I wonder if that's actually a code that some website online might be able to unscramble... or just random letters..

Yeah, still not doing anything for me. Feels ... improvised maybe, but not particularly well. Meh, who knows we'll wait n see but I doubt I'll be beating down the doors of the cinema to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Slydice wrote: »

I suspect there's a pretty big spoiler/plot twist revealed in this trailer
    There's a shot of the gang on a subway and Anne Hathaway is among them wearing sunglasses but the trailer suggests that she is the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Loved the very first one but the subsequent sequels tried to be too clever and suave , This one looks dull as dishwater and another vehicle for Sandra Bullock , Rest of the cast is good she just bores me to tears

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I suspect there's a pretty big spoiler/plot twist revealed in this trailer
    There's a shot of the gang on a subway and Anne Hathaway is among them wearing sunglasses but the trailer suggests that she is the target.

I noticed that too when I saw the trailer yesterday. Surely not and its
    Olivia Munn in the glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Loved the very first one but the subsequent sequels tried to be too clever and suave , This one looks dull as dishwater and another vehicle for Sandra Bullock , Rest of the cast is good she just bores me to tears

I think it looks really good and quiet like Sandra Bullock. Might be the first Oceans film I go to see in the cinema.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

razorblunt wrote: »
    I noticed that too when I saw the trailer yesterday. Surely not and its
    Olivia Munn in the glasses

It's Bland Hathaway.

Advertisement