Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that aren’t acceptable to do anymore that should be allowed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Hmmm? I have a car that's 26 year old and another one with a 2.7L petrol engine, drove them both today

I didn't say illegal, it's a thread about things that aren't acceptable anymore that should be allowed. Look for a straight face when you tell most people you drive a 2.7L petrol and try to not get an audible scoff from insurers when you ring them

source: 4.4 litre petrol, 2.4 petrol sitting on the drive and laughed off the phone this morning trying to get a quote for a rotary

it's now much more acceptable to keep buying new cars and dispose of them after a few years and god forbid you show any interest in that car being any way performant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

me_irl wrote: »
    Completely disagree with you on this one.

I'd actually go so far as to ban kids from pubs completely.

Kids are defined as anyone under 18. Before you would sneak in the back of the pub at 16 and have 1 or 2 pints under the beady eyes of the local auld lads who knew your dad. Now they go into the bushes or to friends houses and drink a bottle of vodka each instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

seamus wrote: »
    Seriously? Worst time to bring kids to the pub IMO. People f'in and blindin at the screen, place heaving with bodies.

Maybe in the 70s when not everyone had a telly, but nowadays there's no reason for it.
    I remember watching Italia '90 at home with about twenty of us squeezed into the sitting room and USA '94 at a BBQ in the back garden of a family friend, both great craic. No need for surrounding kids with drunk randomers.

You were wrapped in cotton wool. I remember being 8 or 9 and seeing Barry McGuigan win the world title. Great times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Refuse bar service to anyone you know is going to be trouble.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

They don't have to buy it if they're not happy with the work

Which they mightn't find out about for a few years after they buy, things like the wiring, plumbing, that's hidden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's amazing how times changes. I know parents and if they heard a child was in a pub for about an hour they'd nearly call social services but the same people knock back several bottles of wine every week on the couch. The amount of five years old's that know mammy loves her wine is a little scary!
    Actually that is a good point. There are parents who can't wait for the kids go to bed so the can guzzle up any alcohol that they have at home. But if you are stuck somewhere with kids after seven and hungry some think you should only be able to go to McDonald's for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Letting children lie on the rear parcel shelf in the car. I spent many long journeys asleep on the rear shelf when I was younger, it was great as you had the shelf to yourself and didn't have to sit beside your smelly annoying sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

seamus wrote: »
    Seriously? Worst time to bring kids to the pub IMO. People f'in and blindin at the screen, place heaving with bodies.

Maybe in the 70s when not everyone had a telly, but nowadays there's no reason for it.
    I remember watching Italia '90 at home with about twenty of us squeezed into the sitting room and USA '94 at a BBQ in the back garden of a family friend, both great craic. No need for surrounding kids with drunk randomers.

That's all well and good for games on RTE but not every game is on free to air. I was never brought to a heaving pub to watch a match either always plenty of breathing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Kick people in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Allow your child to be transgender, if he or she is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Holler and honk your horn at 3 abreast cyclists especially up the Sally Gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Voice an opinion - everything is *insertword*ist or *insertword*shaming these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

You should be able to give a young fella or wan a size 9 up the hole if they weren't showing any respect for you or your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Hmmm? I have a car that's 26 year old and another one with a 2.7L petrol engine, drove them both today

How do you sleep at night... with a supermodel wife I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Was done regularly with us though, along with 5 of us squished in the back seat, never a seatbelt used

Teach boys how to be boys who grow up to be men, without always insisting that they’re only allowed do the things which the girls are also allowed to do/can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You used to be allowed, encouraged even, to climb to the top of the Hay Bales in the hay barn. Now, because some kids ended up in wheelchairs due to horrific spinal injury, that sort of thing is discouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Kids used to be allowed to cycle to school on their own without being worried about being abducted.

Kids had a lot more freedom in the past, now they're like caged animals and any parent who allows their kids space to breath are reported as neglectful and guilty of child endangerment

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

County council binmen collecting weekly rubbish and you could leave anything out and they would take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Or the turf!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Effects wrote: »
    Except they don't assume you're a careful driver, they think you're driving a banger as you can't afford a new car and that there's more chance of you having crash. Probably no stats to back that up but they don't care.

I can afford to do a lot more in this life because I have an older car with a big engine.

People don't give their dogs bones any more. No more white shïtes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Masturbate on public transport. The commute just isn't the same anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

going topless on an Irish beach, if the weather is fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Drink drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

Public Executions. We could do them down on College Green when they make it all pedestrian. Great day for all the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

There too much P.C. in the world now . Say it as it is . Game Over .

Advertisement