Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much coffee do you drink?

Options
13»

Comments

Im intrigued. How many mg of caffeine?

I can't remember, I don't have it anymore. Enough to give me ectopic beats and have me talking so fast I was asked to slow down!

I'm a very small person though, so it probably wouldn't affect a regular sized human the same way.

It wasn't even nice.

ETA: Bluewolf did the looky uppy thang ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

2-3 cups a day. Amn't overly bothered about brands or that, any old tar with a drop of milk and spoon of sugar is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Anyone ever drink carte noire? That was some of the best instant coffee. Then the go replacing it with L’or. Did start trek the next generation teach them nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Some of the nicest coffee I ever had was from the kiosk on the South bound platform in Pearse Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I drink around 10 cups a day.

Bean to cup machine at home, fill up a thermos in the morning. Usually some really dark/heavy Italian roast stuff.

Then at work, I constantly have a cup on me. I bought the office a new bean to cup machine, and I do the kind of work where I'm in and out of the office all day.
    It's not in me to walk past the machine without pressing the button.

Loads of milk, no sugar of course. I'll drink instant if there is nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Are you familiar with the health risks of caffeine? High blood pressure? Heart problems?

You're killing yourself drinking that much caffeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Some cafés in Dublin charge less for coffee if you bring your own cup. Nice marketing slant for them too, I'm sure!

It really should be the norm though, I don't know how those unrecyclable takeaway cups haven't been banned all over the world by now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

4-6 cups a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Candie wrote: »
    Was it your daughters wedding or am I mistaking you for another poster? If so, I hope the volcano behaved and it all went swimmingly :)

Thank you Candie :) It was for my daughter's wedding indeed. We had a fantastic time over there and the volcano kept quiet until a few weeks after we got back home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The only coffee I drink are those frappucino coffee cooler things with ice from gloria jeans or starbucks. Basically they have a lot of chocolate and cream and a smidge of coffee thrown in. I have them only every once in a while though, don't like any other kind of coffee. I am addicted to pepsi max though I have cut down to 500ml a day now. I drink maybe 1-2 cups of tea a day, lots of milk, 3 sweeteners, some days though I don't have tea at all, I can kind of take or leave it. Caffeine seems to have no effect on me, I've had a bottle of redbull right before bed in the past and just gone right to sleep, I can have tea or pepsi max at any time and go to sleep as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

wakka12 wrote: »
    It really should be the norm though, I don't know how those unrecyclable takeaway cups haven't been banned all over the world by now

There's a bill going through due process for banning single-use non-recyclable cups.

Advertisement