Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much coffee do you drink?

Options
  • 18-12-2017 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

And is it a problem? Are you a coffee snob who will only drink a certain type, or will any old instant muck do?

Recently realising I drink an average of 4 - 5 cups a day, which seems excessive in some circles outside of my work team, who are crack heads when it comes to caffeine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

None.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

3-4 per day from the cafe in the office!

Bringing my own in the new year, cheaper and tastier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

On average 2 lattes per day. Morning and early evening. Don’t mind where apart from Insomnia which I find too bitter or Starbucks which goes down like tasteless muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Prefer the "instant muck" myself. My son has a Nespresso machine and I'd occasionally drink one of those, but it's not as satisfying as Maxwell House.

I drink four or five cups a day now, much less than I used to drink, and don't drink any after 8pm. It definitely started affecting my sleep, so had to cut out the later cups :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

None. I like the smell of it though.
    About 3 cups of tea a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I drink all the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

8/9 per day. I drink instant nescafe gold blend. It does the job. But, I like the coffee from Costa as a treat to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

About 3 cups of instant on a school-day. Probably fewer on the weekend. Occasionally Starbucks, but that's the only "proper" coffee I like really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Patww79 wrote: »
    job seeker wrote: »
    8/9 per day. I drink instant nescafe gold blend. It does the job. But, I like the coffee from Costa as a treat to myself.

Jaysus don't feel so bad now...

@Patww so 9 cups a day? I'd be wired to the moon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

IN all seriousness I'd probably have at least 6 nespressos in work.
    I drink them in a long latte cup so that's 2 capsules per cup.

At home I drink mostly herbal tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I probably drink too much coffee especially in work. The mug I have holds a pint. I'd have a few mugs during the day. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Absolutely rank stuff. Don’t get the obsession with it. Morons going around the job clutching their coffees like they couldn’t survive without it. Gimps.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Absolutely rank stuff. Don’t get the obsession with it. Morons going around the job clutching their coffees like they couldn’t survive without it. Gimps.

Delighted. More for us to enjoy. Now go on about your business and drink tea or water

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

About five to six espressos. I don't really count them, I have bean to coffee machine at home and at work. I would have one or two in the morning then I think another three or four at work. I'm not overly fussy about coffee (Illy or Lavazza) but the settings are at shortest and strongest coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

None. I just don't like it. I've tried all kinds. I can't say I've tried every type the world has to offer but I feel I've tried enough varieties of differing qualities to know that it's just not for me.

Which is a shame as I loooove caffeine (can have caffeine right before bed and still sleep soundly) so I really wish I liked the stuff. Tea and cola all the way for moi.

I like eating coffee-flavoured things though, strangely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

GBX wrote: »
    I probably drink too much coffee especially in work. The mug I have holds a pint. I'd have a few mugs during the day. Great stuff.

Hardcore :)

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »

How can you get so bothered by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

On a trip to Bali recently I visited a coffee farm that made a certain type of coffee called "Luwak Coffee". It's made out of the beans that are eaten by mongooses and then defacated back out! It was not that nice to be honest, and the worker was horrified when I asked for milk and sugar.

I brought a packet back home with me for the novelty value, but it has remained unopened.

I brought a packet back home with me for the novelty value, but it has remained unopened.

Much like the willy pasta my sister brought me back from Italy. My husband refuses to eat dick. :pac::P

On a trip to Bali recently I visited a coffee farm that made a certain type of coffee called "Luwak Coffee". It's made out of the beans that are eaten by mongooses and then defacated back out! It was not that nice to be honest, and the worker was horrified when I asked for milk and sugar.

https://tea-coffee.ie/product/kopi-luwak-coffee-beans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I often drink so much coffee that my pee smells of coffee, no joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

About 4 a day maybe 5. I use a cafetière at work and buy in our canteen sometimes. I don't buy any take outs from cafes any more as the wastage is disgusting and it's a rip off when I can make nice coffee in the office.
    Sometimes I go to Starbucks at lunch to read, because it's the most spacious and comfortable place around and great for people watching. There's a silent respect between myself and the other guys who've been going there alone for the last 3 years too which is nice.

About 4 a day maybe 5. I use a cafetière at work and buy in our canteen sometimes. I don't buy any take outs from cafes any more as the wastage is disgusting and it's a rip off when I can make nice coffee in the office.

Some cafés in Dublin charge less for coffee if you bring your own cup. Nice marketing slant for them too, I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Bambi985 wrote: »
    And is it a problem? Are you a coffee snob who will only drink a certain type, or will any old instant muck do?

Recently realising I drink an average of 4 - 5 cups a day, which seems excessive in some circles outside of my work team, who are crack heads when it comes to caffeine.

I drink four cups a day myself but nothing after 6.00pm. It's far from a problem though!

This from the Mayo Clinic:
    Studies have shown that coffee may have health benefits, including protecting against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver disease, including liver cancer. Coffee also appears to improve cognitive function and decrease the risk of depression.

Also, a meta-analysis of 200 studies found:
    Compared with non-coffee drinkers, those who drank about three cups of coffee a day appeared to reduce their risk of getting heart problems or dying from them. The strongest benefits of coffee consumption were seen in reduced risks of liver disease, including cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Jaysus don't feel so bad now...

@Patww so 9 cups a day? I'd be wired to the moon :eek:

I love coffee. Drinking a mug as I type this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

None.

Advertisement