Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much coffee do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I often drink so much coffee that my pee smells of coffee, no joke.

You're lucky that Mrs. Doyle makes it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Once a week and before midday only otherwise I won't get to sleep.

Kinda like sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Never had a drop

The lasting memory of the taste of those Cadbury's Roses coffee sweets as a kid will most likely ensure I never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

It varies, left to myself probably 2 to 3 per day if not busy (morning, lunch and on returning home), however if someone offered to make me a cup or to go to a cafe during work I'd usually say yes.

Switched to decaff at home to cut down on my caffeine intake and haven't noticed a difference over the past 6 months. I'd typically drink a mix of coffee everything from freshly ground beans at home to instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Between 4 or 5 cups a day. In work I drink seven wonders coffee and Freshii coffee, black, no sugar.

At home it's that azera NEScafe stuff.

I love coffee, but I'm not too picky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Steve F wrote: »
    Hardcore :)

My desk is limited for space, the litre sized mug is at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

theteal wrote: »
    Never had a drop

The lasting memory of the taste of those Cadbury's Roses coffee sweets as a kid will most likely ensure I never will.

I drink coffee and I can honestly tell you Roses Coffee sweets make me retch.They are in no way the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

3-4 a week at home and try meet up with old college pals twice a week for a coffee and a bun. Not a problem or any reliance for me or preference to brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

GBX wrote: »
    The mug I have holds a pint.

Please share. Where would I find this Holy Grail?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Please share. Where would I find this Holy Grail?

I have a sports direct one and another branded on that hold a pint. A litre one I got as a present. I'll enquire where it was bought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the sports direct mugs hold just over a pint. any time you order from them, there is an option to add on a mug for £1. I have a few of them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

12269939593_9920ce9b2f_c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I often use a pint glass at home if i want a huge coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I drink four cups a day myself but nothing after 6.00pm. It's far from a problem though!

This from the Mayo Clinic:
    Studies have shown that coffee may have health benefits, including protecting against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver disease, including liver cancer. Coffee also appears to improve cognitive function and decrease the risk of depression.

Also, a meta-analysis of 200 studies found:
    Compared with non-coffee drinkers, those who drank about three cups of coffee a day appeared to reduce their risk of getting heart problems or dying from them. The strongest benefits of coffee consumption were seen in reduced risks of liver disease, including cancer.

You beat me to it!

The important measure isn't a cup, which could be any size, but 'shots of espresso', though, tbh, they can be of varying strength too. Generally 3 - 4 shots of espresso daily has health benefits. If you're very physically active you may get away with more.

Personally, I have 4 (watered down) shots of espresso per day. Maybe once a fortnight I'll go mad and have 5 or 6.

Additionally, I probably shouldn't have milk in it. Heated milk generates weird dangerous fats, so we should probably all avoid cappuccinos and lattes are a definite no, no. I do have a sneaky cappuccino every now and again though.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

GBX wrote: »

Jesus! €86 for 125g of the stuff?

I think mine cost €12 for 200g, and it was so fresh that I could see the mongoose still wiping its ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Between 2 - 4 cups a day with the last one being before 5pm otherwise I don't sleep properly that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Just the one, first thing in the morning. I can't say I've ever gotten a kick from caffeine though. I tried having a few one day and didn't notice any difference in alertness or energy levels. Even the energy drinks do nothing for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Yes I'd like to taste that quare leopard sh*te coffee, meant to be lovely. The news about liver cancer/disease and coffee being great in preventing that is music to my ears. I drink a fair bit of coffee and alcohol and neither have killed me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

5-6 cups a day in work, not that much on the weekends though

On a trip to Bali recently ....]

Was it your daughters wedding or am I mistaking you for another poster? If so, I hope the volcano behaved and it all went swimmingly :)

I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and then tea for the rest of the day. Every couple of hours, large mug or cup, one sugar and a splash of milk please and thank you.

I tried out supercaffeinated coffee one morning, it didn't go well. My heart was beating erratically, I was talking too fast, I was thinking too fast and I was everything too fast. I was like this:

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Candie wrote: »
    I tried out supercaffeinated coffee one morning, it didn't go well. My heart was beating erratically, I was talking too fast, I was thinking too fast and I was everything too fast. I was like this:

Tell me more about this supercaffeinated coffee!

Normally have 3 or 4 cups of coffee, no milk but laced with sugar. Instant is grand expect Maxwell House which I find very weak flavour wise. A few drops of vanilla extract sorts that though.

If I'm just milling about the house though I tend to favour tea. No milk, no sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

None

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Three or four cups a day. Usually ground coffee (French roast from Maher’s in cork). At work I will have instant. Love coffee. If I have it too late, after 9pm it does affect my sleep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I like my coffee strong, and have a 4 shot moka pot, which I drink two a day, only in the morning, never after 11am, and I buy the Lidl espresso tins.

I've never understood who drinks Maxwell House coffee, I don't like it.

I prefer bean to cup, or ground beans, not one for instant coffee anymore.

If I need a quick pick me up in work, a double espresso does the job.

Whilst I drink my coffee strong and black, I drink mugs of tea in the afternoon, very large, very weak, and black. Have my favourite mugs for each too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Three strong cups a day, every day. As long as it’s strong and sweet with the proper amount of milk. I don’t mind what kind it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have one in the morning around 10 and that's it.
    I'm not remotely fussy and cba with fancy coffee. I know there is a difference but I'm happy as is

I was using caffeine tablets in the evenings for study or gym until I got the ol sleep apnea thing sorted. Consultant had a fit about that one, apparently there's way more than a few coffees' worth in one tablet. Had the odd energy drink in the afternoon as well. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Two (Aldi) nespresso pods in the morning on the way to work and then a Dolce gusto when I get into work. I recently bought a contigo cup which cost €20. I would stop easily 2/3 times a week for a €2 seattles best but I wanted to rein in that spend a bit as it was adding up. I reckon I have paid for the cup now after a 2 weeks as I would invariably buy something else. The aldi nespresso pods are less than €2 for a 10 box so that's a nice saving of the guts of €40 every month.

Would have tea or nothing rather than instant coffee, even that posh Azera shoite, just don't like it, not being a snob.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Tell me more about this supercaffeinated coffee!

Tread carefully. it's not for sissies. I'm a total badass and it was too much for me so I'm not sure how a mere mortal would handle it. ;)

x354-q80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Candie wrote: »
    Tread carefully. it's not for sissies. I'm a total badass and it was too much for me so I'm not sure how a mere mortal would handle it. ;)

x354-q80.jpg

Im intrigued. How many mg of caffeine?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i found this on amazon:
    I asked Rocket Fuel, and they said that it depends on how large your teaspoon serving is. But 1 teaspoon and an average cup should provide 97.5mg of caffeine.

Advertisement