Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspeak has finally arrived - Trump bans the official use of 7 words

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Making a distinction between Evangelical Christians, by race and geographical location are we? 'Cause I know of some pretty extreme fundamental types up in North Dakota who support Trump and the rest of the cast of villains from Captain Planet, too. And then you got your African American ones in North Carolina, ya'll.

****, I even know some local Evangelicals living right here who adamantly support this anti-science, anti-equality ideology.

There is a difference between black evangelicals and white evangelicals for one. We saw that in recent Alabama election https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/12/13/there-was-an-enormous-gap-between-black-evangelical-voters-and-white-evangelical-voters-in-alabama/?utm_term=.df9112c811c8

Trump doesn't pander to the black evangelicals simply because he has nothing in common with them. Also many evangelical leaders in places like New York and the New England region were calling on Roy Moore to do the right thing and step aside yet the southern white evangelicals doubled down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Freedom of speech is a general concept....if you want to talk about American implementations, you should say so. Especially when one of your comments is about boards.ie policy, which certainly has nothing to do with the good ol' USA.

The entire thread and OP was about a US based change in policy. It's very evident that follow up posts would also be US based.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The entire thread and OP was about a US based change in policy. It's very evident that follow up posts would also be US based.

Read the post I quoted again. Is boards.ie "US based"?

Actually, do you have anything of note to contribute, instead of calling me pedantic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

rossie1977 wrote: »
    There is a difference between black evangelicals and white evangelicals for one. We saw that in recent Alabama election https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/12/13/there-was-an-enormous-gap-between-black-evangelical-voters-and-white-evangelical-voters-in-alabama/?utm_term=.df9112c811c8

Trump doesn't pander to the black evangelicals simply because he has nothing in common with them. Also many evangelical leaders in places like New York and the New England region were calling on Roy Moore to do the right thing and step aside yet the southern white evangelicals doubled down

What's your angle here? are you trying to reclaim the word evangelical - because that particular nomenclature is tainted beyond repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Yeah, try shouting terrorist stuff in a public space, see how you get on with your "free speech".

What do we want?

"Equal rights for short balding men with challenges in sartorial presentation!

When do we want em?

"Whenevers convenient with you, no rush!"

What if we dont get em?

"We'll stand awkwardly in corners at social gatherings, fiddling with the buttons on our cardigans!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Donald Trump ate my hamster
    Knew we should have put that stake through Max Clifford's heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Ah sticks and stones and all that. I'm so fed up now people just focus on the small day to day ****e he does....in the grand scheme of things.. .. he's harmless. Leave him get on with making America great again ( an impossible task) with which I wish him well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What about foetus spelled properly? Is that OK?

Advertisement