Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2018

Options
  • 15-12-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Been keeping a eye last few days to see if anyone was going to start this, couldn't wait any longer😊 I'm 4+5 days. Very early stages. Cannot wait. Baby no3 for us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

bumpno3 wrote: »
    Been keeping a eye last few days to see if anyone was going to start this, couldn't wait any longer😊 I'm 4+5 days. Very early stages. Cannot wait. Baby no3 for us.

Just wanted to say congratulations, BumpNo3 :-)
    You've found out very early on! Hope you are feeling well.

I'm due early July (though realistically it'll be June - twins - all going well).

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

bumpno3 wrote: »

Just wanted to say congratulations, BumpNo3 :-)
    You've found out very early on! Hope you are feeling well.

I'm due early July (though realistically it'll be June - twins - all going well).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yay, I was stalking the July thread too scared to start one lol! Congrats to you! August first here, so 7 weeks 3 days. Have a private scan booked next week, all very exciting. Some symptoms creeping in, def had nausea at points this week but coping better than I expected! Hope you’re keeping well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bumpno3

Thanks so much. Yes found very early in had been expecting it. Hopefully all goes well. The first weeks can be worrying. How lovely congratulations to you on your wonderful news. Hoping all goes as planned for you.

Hi! Glad there is a group on here. Currently about 4 weeks and 5 days (4+5?).

This is our first, pretty excited and nervous at the same time. Had a feeling I was pregnant before my missed period. We had been trying for a while anyway.

It is so weird not being able to tell anyone! I think a lot of people will figure it out over Christmas anyway when I can't have any drinks or soft cheese (am a big brie and goats cheese fan).

Currently trying to book a doctor's appointment to start the ball rolling. It seems that lots are closing over Christmas though so won't be able to go to my regular GP. Would like to get a scan before 12 weeks to check on everything.

Symptoms so far include bloating, sore boobs and feeling quite hungry!

Congrats to everyone on here. Wishing you all a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Bumpno3 - any advice with 2 already?

• Advertisement

Congratulations firsttimemamma and thatssofetch. It's such a happy and exciting time. I'm the same trying to get app in doctors for Wednesday, I will try and wait for 12 week scan or whenever it comes I just try not to worry to much, So so hard tho, esp in the early weeks every little pain and I'm worried. I have sore books, and insomnia, have been awake every night from week before I done test wake at 2 and can't sleep again so frustrating, this is new other two pregnancys was just sickness. Hope this goes soon. Have yous both decided what hospital yous will go to? I know Christmas it's so hard to hide the not drinking. That's really the worst. Enjoy next few weeks, it feels nice having a little secret between you and your partner.

Congratulations firsttimemamma and thatssofetch. It's such a happy and exciting time. I'm the same trying to get app in doctors for Wednesday, I will try and wait for 12 week scan or whenever it comes I just try not to worry to much, So so hard tho, esp in the early weeks every little pain and I'm worried. I have sore books, and insomnia, have been awake every night from week before I done test wake at 2 and can't sleep again so frustrating, this is new other two pregnancys was just sickness. Hope this goes soon. Have yous both decided what hospital yous will go to? I know Christmas it's so hard to hide the not drinking. That's really the worst. Enjoy next few weeks, it feels nice having a little secret between you and your partner.

Haha heres your sister with the insomnia, but I work a lot of nightshifts so prob doesn’t help!! Scan is in the morning at 10am, all going well I’ll probably tell my parents and his parents, the not drinking over xmas will be a dead giveaway otherwise!

I have my booking appointment in the rotunda on Jan 22nd, public patient! The appointment is at half 7 in the morning which I was shocked by I’ll be 12.5 weeks then :)

Hope the scan went well Firsttimemamma! I think my mom will figure it out pretty fast, I'll probably end up telling her if she asks.

Was it hard getting an appointment? I'll be in CUMH, have no choice really! I hope they are nice.

How old are your first two Bumpno3? Ya it is nice having a private secret! Get to enjoy it on our own for a while.

Sleeping fine for now, thank god. Was gas buying my pregnancy supplements, checked the whole pharmacy to make sure no-one I knew was there.

So had the scan, good heartbeat, measuring right on schedule and everything is where it’s supposed to be so a huge relief!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi everyone, I've just found out today I am pregnant with baby no. 2. This time three years ago I found out I was pregnant with my little boy. We have been trying for number two for a while now and I was going to make an appointment with the doctor in the new year if nothing was happening so this is a great surprise. When i took the test I really didn't think it would be positive at all.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy :D

Great your scan went well firsttimemamma, it's really put your mind at ease I bet. Can't believe your booking appointment is for half 7, that seams super early didn't realise they would start so early.

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I went to MLU in Our Lady of lourdes, so I hope do do same again. Seeing my gp tomorrow to get things started.

Congratulations cowlove. What a lovely early Christmas present.

Was it hard getting an appointment? I'll be in CUMH, have no choice really! I hope they are nice.

No not at all, I went to my gp to confirm everything she gave me a referral letter to post off which I did straight away, that was a Monday, got my letter in the post that Wednesday with the appointment lol

Yeah the half 7 thing threw me a bit now I have to be honest, they must be really busy, no harm though to get it over and done with early in the day.

Congrats Cowlove and welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I'm tenuously sticking my head in here. Not even 5 weeks along yet.

Have my work Christmas party tomorrow evening which involves copious amounts of free booze and a nice meal. It'll be fairly out of character for me not to be helping myself to free vino so afraid cat will be out of the bag. Have my mam coming to babysit my toddler so can't sit it out or it'll tip her off... Argh!! I managed to keep things under wraps until fairly far along first time round which is the way I like it.

Congrats Cowlove and Jellyandicecream! Due to go to a doctor today, woke up with a cold though so not the best start! Glad to hear your scan went well firsttimemamma. Have a little pregnancy app, it's pretty cute- it says what is happening to the little guy/gal at the moment. Hope everyone is feeling well enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

Congrats to all!! I'm due the first week of August! My first baby!! It all feels unreal at the moment!!

I have a question for ye wise women! I got my letter for my first appointment its on the 18th of January, I'll be 12 weeks by then. The letter says the time of my appointment, and then goes on to say please contact scan room to arrange your scan, is the appointment just bloods and questions and I need to book a scan separate??
    I have a feeling it will be my first of many questions!! Thanks for any help!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

Hi girls :) just took a clear blue test yesterday and it's showing pregnant 2-3 weeks! It will be my first! Very nervous! Wasn't expecting to happen so quick within the month of starting to try! I'm 25 and have no idea where to start! Will make a docs appointment early next week, will probably be going with Hollis st as it's the closest to us and will more than likely be going public! Any advice greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scaredycat

Hi ladies,

I'm pregnant with baby #3 too and 7 weeks gone and I am so so so so sick! I have a 3 & 1/2 year old and 1 & 1/2 year old so this was a surprise for us. We had agreed to go for a 3rd but not as quickly. (I'm 38 so time not exactly on my side either)
    I have been so miserable over Xmas not being able to play with my boys and stressed out as work is so busy this time of year (finance) and so definitely cannot ring in sick!
    Sorry to be bringing down mood as I know most of you are in a very happy place and that's such an amazing feeling so enjoy every moment.
    Anyhow I just had to rant cos I'm sick of looking at 4 walls and my bed and I can't rant to my hubby cos he is flat out looking after the boys so ye get to hear it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Hi girls- I’m 6 w 4d pregnant today- had a scan last week- no heartbeat yet, nurse said it was a bit early- scan for heartbeat next Wednesday morning- very nervous. No sickness yet just cvery awoken breasts, huge appetite and constipation (I’m on
    Progesterone pessaries). Should I have morning sickness at this stage??
    I’m 33. Much wanted first baby for us after a year of ivf fails including an early miscarriage in June. Positive about this one hopefully x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

koriko wrote: »
    Hi girls- I’m 6 w 4d pregnant today- had a scan last week- no heartbeat yet, nurse said it was a bit early- scan for heartbeat next Wednesday morning- very nervous. No sickness yet just cvery awoken breasts, huge appetite and constipation (I’m on
    I’m 33. Much wanted first baby for us after a year of ivf fails including an early miscarriage in June. Positive about this one hopefully x

I didn’t have any morning sickness at all during my preganacy. Not everyone gets it (thankfully!). We also couldn’t see a heartbeat at our 6 week scan because it was too early. Currently lying next to my baby boy born today. We were getting fertility treatment as well and I still remember how nerve wracking getting to 12 weeks was. Hope it all works out for you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

Haven't had much sickness yet! A little bit in the evening tho before I go to bed strangely, just tired and sore boobs feel very bloated too and getting the odd tummy cramp like period pain!

Hi! This is my first one, I’m week 6, day 3, and I see some of you already been to a scan, so I guess I have to find a doctor too haha I don’t feel much yet, sometimes a bit sore in the stomach. I moved to Ireland last June and I never even been to a doctor here, but if I got everything correct, I first have to find a gp before I will meet any midwife. Happy new year btw!

Hi all,

8 weeks along with no 2, sicker than anything I ever experienced on no 1, actually thought I had it bad first time around!! Completely wiped out with tiredness but hubby is being amazing and picking up the slack. Actually don't know what I would do with out him!

No appointments yet, supposing Christmas slowed down the paperwork in the hospital. Will wait for 12 week scan this time around, went for early scan last time and it freaked me out more than settled my mind.

Happy New year to you all, an exciting start to the new year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

6 and a half weeks here and the nausea is starting to kick in. No puking yet... but it's only a matter of time if it's anything like my last pregnancy. Not looking forward to heading back to work tomorrow!

7 weeks and 2 days along here, so sick wasn't near as bad with my other two. Spending most of the morning.and afternoon vomiting, have no energy. Lucky hubby is of work for two weeks round Xmas but dreading him going back next week. No work on scan appointment here yet, hopefully will get word in a few days. Hope everyone feeling good.

Back to work today... Seems sleep was not in the cards for me last night, not to mention the small boy who insisted on sleeping on top of mammy last night! Exhausted is not the word today, thankfully nausea and vomiting is under control today... Have been grazing on snacks all morning and staying hydrated which has helped... Why is it the hardest trimester is the one where you have to say nothing about being pregnant?! Mother nature sure has a fecked up sense of humor 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ZiggyBean

8+1 and horrendous morning sickness and tiredness over the Christmas... Back to work today and I am beyond exhausted. All I want is to put my head down on the desk and sleep!! Why is mother nature so cruel as to make you so sick and exhausted in the first trimester when you're trying not to say anything to anyone?? Oh and the bloat.... I AM MASSIVE! HNY ladies!!

Edited to ask has anyone got the flu jab yet???

Congrats to all the new joiners here! Yes I also hate that you can't tell anyone. Am so tired, have cramps and am bloated (never get bloated outside of my period), also have a heightened sense of smell which is weird! Got a few odd looks when I drank sparkling water and fizzy drinks all Christmas, am certain a few people are suspicious. Was at the doctor before Christmas but they couldn't do bloods because the labs were closed so heading back again next week and then we will get the ball rolling!

Glad it is January though so I have no social events to attend. No sickness so far, bit nauseous but hopefully that's as far as I'll go. Am using an app called Ovia to track my pregnancy. It tells me what size the baby is, what part should be growing etc. I'm learning a lot! Currently 6+6.

Barely looked at chocolate over Christmas which is very weird for me, baby doesn't seem to want sweets! (Probably for the best). Happy New Year to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

ZiggyBean wrote: »
    8+1 and horrendous morning sickness and tiredness over the Christmas... Back to work today and I am beyond exhausted. All I want is to put my head down on the desk and sleep!! Why is mother nature so cruel as to make you so sick and exhausted in the first trimester when you're trying not to say anything to anyone?? Oh and the bloat.... I AM MASSIVE! HNY ladies!!

Edited to ask has anyone got the flu jab yet???

I was just about to ask about flu jab!!!
    I rang my doctors office and the lady on the phone was like you need to wait until 12 weeks, I think she just made that up!! You'd imagine it would be sooner the better!! I'm going to call back and ask to speak to someone else!

Advertisement