Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ZiggyBean

theniamh wrote: »
    I was just about to ask about flu jab!!!
    I rang my doctors office and the lady on the phone was like you need to wait until 12 weeks, I think she just made that up!! You'd imagine it would be sooner the better!! I'm going to call back and ask to speak to someone else!

No no that's not true, I definitely got it last time before 12 weeks and rang my doc earlier who advised getting in ASAP due to the dose going around at the moment. I'm book in for Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scaredycat

ZiggyBean wrote: »
    8+1 and horrendous morning sickness and tiredness over the Christmas... Back to work today and I am beyond exhausted. All I want is to put my head down on the desk and sleep!! Why is mother nature so cruel as to make you so sick and exhausted in the first trimester when you're trying not to say anything to anyone?? Oh and the bloat.... I AM MASSIVE! HNY ladies!!

Edited to ask has anyone got the flu jab yet???

Don't mind whoever told you not to get flu jab before 12 weeks. I rang at 5 weeks and they told me to come in straight away and said sooner the better.

I am back to work Thursday and I'm dreading it too. People will definitely cop as I am weak as kitten, and can't concentrate on a thing not to mind figures and deadlines at work. I'm seriously considering ringing in Thursday and Friday.
    Also ladies I went to a&e last Fri as was completely dehydrated and couldn't even keep water down. I was kept in and they prescribed me cariban which is anti nausea tablet but you will not believe the results. Its unreal how much its helped but its wicked expensive, cost me like 120e for one month supply and most chemists have to order it in as its non licensed. Its completely safe tho as I have researched it even after doc told me its ok . So I definitely recommend this if you are very sick if you can afford it. The hospital were very positive about it and I know why now.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

scaredycat wrote: »
    Also ladies I went to a&e last Fri as was completely dehydrated and couldn't even keep water down. I was kept in and they prescribed me cariban which is anti nausea tablet but you will not believe the results. Its unreal how much its helped but its wicked expensive, cost me like 120e for one month supply and most chemists have to order it in as its non licensed. Its completely safe tho as I have researched it even after doc told me its ok . So I definitely recommend this if you are very sick if you can afford it. The hospital were very positive about it and I know why now.

If you know anyone going to Spain, it's way cheaper over there! I think it's 20 euro for a box of 24! Works out way cheaper than here! I agree though it's an absolute lifesaver. I was admitted too and was told 'it's your choice but....' I was super nervous about taking anything but they had a ton of safety data on it and I felt it was the right choice for me. The relief from not getting sick 6/7 times a day was something else!

Congrats to all the new joiners here! Yes I also hate that you can't tell anyone. Am so tired, have cramps and am bloated (never get bloated outside of my period), also have a heightened sense of smell which is weird! Got a few odd looks when I drank sparkling water and fizzy drinks all Christmas, am certain a few people are suspicious. Was at the doctor before Christmas but they couldn't do bloods because the labs were closed so heading back again next week and then we will get the ball rolling!

Glad it is January though so I have no social events to attend. No sickness so far, bit nauseous but hopefully that's as far as I'll go. Am using an app called Ovia to track my pregnancy. It tells me what size the baby is, what part should be growing etc. I'm learning a lot! Currently 6+6.

Barely looked at chocolate over Christmas which is very weird for me, baby doesn't seem to want sweets! (Probably for the best). Happy New Year to all!

Using Ovia too, used it last time and found it great, currently have a wild strawberry, lol... Got little hands and feet yesterday... Love watching them grow! Actually measured my little mans hand's when he came out, mind you... He was much bigger! Great app though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

I feel so bad for all of ye sick!! I've been so lucky!! A bit of nausea but nothing crazy! I had to tell everyone in work because I lift heavy things in work so I wasn't taking any risks!!

I just booked an appointment with the doctor rather than dealing with the secretary! I have a feeling she just wanted me off the phone when I asked about the flu jab!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

10 weeks today! Felt pretty crappy over xmas nausea and tiredness but I’m coming out the other side of it now!! Got my flu jab today and was told its safe at any stage for anybody wondering!!

2 and a half weeks until my booking appointment I cant wait, kinda want it all out in the open now, tired of making excuses for not going on nights out pretty sure if my friends havn’t copped it then they’re all really annoyed at me lol oh well they’ll jusy have to get over it.

Hope everyone is well :)

theniamh wrote: »
    I feel so bad for all of ye sick!! I've been so lucky!! A bit of nausea but nothing crazy! I had to tell everyone in work because I lift heavy things in work so I wasn't taking any risks!!

I just booked an appointment with the doctor rather than dealing with the secretary! I have a feeling she just wanted me off the phone when I asked about the flu jab!

Can't wait to let the cat out of the bag here. Hate the whole cloak and daggers thing... Only a few more weeks... Waiting on my scan appointment. So exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bumpalert

Hi everyone!

Just joining now, am 9 weeks pregnant with our first baby :) Have had minimal symptoms so far, starving a lot of the time, sore boobs but that's really it, hoping that all is ok and I'm just one of the lucky ones!

We told immediate family a few weeks ago as there would have been no hiding it over Christmas plus we were too excited to keep it in! First scan is in 3 weeks so can tell everyone else then once we know everything is as it should be.

What is the deal with combined care? My GP didn't get me to fill in any forms, she just sent my referral to the hospital and that was it. Do I need to do anything?

Are ye all exercising? I haven't been doing anything apart from walks (minimal) at the weekend as it's too late when I get home from work during the week. Plus the weather is horrible!

Oh and I got the flu jab yesterday, the aussie flu sounds awful and pregnant women are on the at risk list.

Congrats to everyone here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

How safe is the flu jab when you're less than 12 weeks? Do you get it from the doctor? I've a head cold currently, will i have i have to wait until that has cleared before I get the flu jab.
    Finding it hard to distinguish what is cold/(maybe flu?) symptoms from early pregnancy ones.

How safe is the flu jab when you're less than 12 weeks? Do you get it from the doctor? I've a head cold currently, will i have i have to wait until that has cleared before I get the flu jab.
    Finding it hard to distinguish what is cold/(maybe flu?) symptoms from early pregnancy ones.

Have been advised it is perfectly safe for flu jab before 12 weeks, the earlier the better. I would suggest ringing your doc and asking about it with them. They would be best to advise when to get it etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Another one here, not me, missus cat. We have an 8 month old already so all going well by the end of August we will have two under 18 months. :eek:

First scan this morning and she is approx 8 weeks gone.

Best wishes to all.

Just wondering those of you who have had the flu jab, did you have to pay for it? I don't remember paying for it before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just wondering those of you who have had the flu jab, did you have to pay for it? I don't remember paying for it before..

The Mrs got hers with her doctor and wasn't charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scaredycat

I had to pay20e, which is apparently admin fee. Glad I got it now tho as been in and out of hospital this last week getting IV fluids and flu is everywhere down there. Its awful.

scaredycat wrote: »
    I had to pay20e, which is apparently admin fee. Glad I got it now tho as been in and out of hospital this last week getting IV fluids and flu is everywhere down there. Its awful.

Yup was charged €20 too... Thought it was free... But either way happier now I have it.

Yup was charged €20 too... Thought it was free... But either way happier now I have it.

I paid 20 as well. Was offered it back in October for free from work and didn’t take it, didn’t know the situation I’d be in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24 peaceandlove

Hi Everyone

6 weeks pregnant with my second!
    Very exciting, I had planned on taking patental leave over the summer before I found out, I’m wondering does anyone know if I can still do this and then go straight onto maternity leave?
    I had only planned a 6 week block
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

Went to the doctor today and he filled out the forms and did another test, checked blood pressure and discussed hospitals etc going to go with Hollis street and there satellite clinic in Loughlinstown, he said to book my first appointment for 15/16 weeks? Does this sound right? I thought it would be around 12? If not I might get an private scan

Jillapino wrote: »
    Went to the doctor today and he filled out the forms and did another test, checked blood pressure and discussed hospitals etc going to go with Hollis street and there satellite clinic in Loughlinstown, he said to book my first appointment for 15/16 weeks? Does this sound right? I thought it would be around 12? If not I might get an private scan

Going to the coombe and not holles street but I'm assuming the procedures are similar, once the hospital receive your forms they will send you out your appointments. I've received my booking in appointment and dating scan, took about three weeks to come back but that was over Christmas. I'm going public FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

Going to the coombe and not holles street but I'm assuming the procedures are similar, once the hospital receive your forms they will send you out your appointments. I've received my booking in appointment and dating scan, took about three weeks to come back but that was over Christmas. I'm going public FYI.

Thanks so much, I'm going public too, haven't told any friends or family yet and it's my first! So feel a bit overwhelmed! The doctor gave me a letter to bring at first apt and gave me a number to phone to make appointment. So will try phone during the week if I get a moment to make a private call during work!

• Advertisement

Jillapino wrote: »
    Thanks so much, I'm going public too, haven't told any friends or family yet and it's my first! So feel a bit overwhelmed! The doctor gave me a letter to bring at first apt and gave me a number to phone to make appointment. So will try phone during the week if I get a moment to make a private call during work!

Don't worry, it all falls into place, the hospitals are very good in fairness.

We went for a private scan with our first and it was nice and reassuring. Waiting for the 12 week this time, still as nervous as the first time around. I don't think that feeling will ever fade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bumpno3

Got my first appointment for hospital and scan in post today. Finally. It's first week in Feb so I will be 13 weeks by then. Can't wait for scan and the relief to know that everything is going OK with baba. People not knowing is the absolute worst thing.

bumpno3 wrote: »
    Got my first appointment for hospital and scan in post today. Finally. It's first week in Feb so I will be 13 weeks by then. Can't wait for scan and the relief to know that everything is going OK with baba. People not knowing is the absolute worst thing.

Had to tell work today... Somewhat relieved that bits done. Scan is the week after next, excited and nervous to go. Still hasn't quite sunk in here.

Here's one for you all, anyone going to find out what they're having? We are thinking of leaving it a secret again...

I had to tell work today cos I was called to be sent elsewhere tomorrow due to staff shortages but its not a safe environment for pregnant people. In all honesty I’m a bit devastated that I didn’t get to tell them in my own time and not have my 12 week scan first, I’m very anxious about all that and something going wrong :( I know its prob just hormones but it really hasn’t sat well with me especially since I was so close to that milestone!!

11 weeks tomorrow and a week and a half until my scan, can’t come quick enough!!

I will be going to the coombe. Doctor was supposed to send off forms, do I Ring coombe For appointment or wait for them to come back to me?

I will be going to the coombe. Doctor was supposed to send off forms, do I Ring coombe For appointment or wait for them to come back to me?

What forms did your doctor send off? I'm in the coombe also and have always sent off my own forms. If you go into their website on the right hand side of the home page you can download them there. Once you send them off the coombe will send you our your booking appointment and scan. The doctor normally just sends off a form to say you are taking part in the combined care option. Hope this helps.

What forms did your doctor send off? I'm in the coombe also and have always sent off my own forms. If you go into their website on the right hand side of the home page you can download them there. Once you send them off the coombe will send you our your booking appointment and scan. The doctor normally just sends off a form to say you are taking part in the combined care option. Hope this helps.

Thank you,
    My doctor gave me the impression that she was sending off for my first scan, to be honest she wasn’t sure herself what to do. Better print out that form online . Thanks a million

Thank you,
    My doctor gave me the impression that she was sending off for my first scan, to be honest she wasn’t sure herself what to do. Better print out that form online . Thanks a million

Just reading my forms this morning and it reminded me to mention to you, if this is your first baby, remember to book you antenatal appointments as soon as they send you your first appointment. They book up ridiculously quickly and their are some great ones on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

I should probably leave this group!! I just found out I'm further along than expected! I had my 12 week scan today and was told I'm 14 weeks!! Ha! Now due in July! Ha! The scan was so clear I couldn't believe it!! So delighted!!

• Advertisement

Had my booking appointment yesterday! In and out by 9am delighted, everything going well so far, measuring bang on time and got a little wave from the munchkin! So exciting, all feeling very real! Hope everybodys well :)

Advertisement