Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you do in your 20s to set you on your way in life?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Got good at eating vag

A very admirable skill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I lived in the wilds of Alaska for nine months. It was liberating to get far away from the Irish bubble and learn about other values and ways of living. I then spent a few years following a prestigious career path I would always have wondered about but had my suspicions was nonsense and quit shortly after I was welcomed into the ranks. I turned 30 this year and only now feel my hard work and numerous mistakes have set me in a good direction.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Did my degree in college and then a postgrad in my field of expertise and then got my first proper job as a researcher at 23, moving on to become a junior lecturer. By the time I was 29 I had got a job as head of research in a govt agency.

But then things started to go ****e in my early 30s. It's a long story.

Advertisement