Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beck and the yeah yeah yeahs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I know right,

Such a mad lineup, not a fan of Beck so not keen on this pairing.

And to top it off a support band cutting into the YYYs time as well.

i reckon just a 50min-1hr set from Karen O and Co

I was hoping for 90 minutes from both.

If you haven’t seen Beck live you’re in for a treat, one of the best live acts out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I was hoping for 90 minutes from both.

If you haven’t seen Beck live you’re in for a treat, one of the best live acts out there.

I'm catching him with a slimmer set at Big Weekend.

Well i think an hour is all we'll get for YYYs,

Support 30min

20min stage change

YYYs

20min stage change

Beck.

Has to finish at 10.45/11pm

i'm not filled with hope for longer sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

https://twitter.com/cunninghamprirl/status/998556296319258625

YYYs on stage at 8. I was thinking of picking up a ticket for this but not sure if I'll bother if they're only getting an hour or less.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/cunninghamprirl/status/998556296319258625

YYYs on stage at 8. I was thinking of picking up a ticket for this but not sure if I'll bother if they're only getting an hour or less.

it'll be a 12 song set then, clocked to one hour.

Hopefully there’s only 10-15minutes between YYY finishing and Beck starting. Even if it’s 30 minutes, 2.5 hours of those 2 combined for €60 is not to be sniffed at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

With it being announced as co-headliners, is there a chance that the order doesn't matter? Could be an hour and a quarter from each of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

YYY at 8pm, Beck at 9.45, so an educated guess would mean an hour and 15 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Keeping hearing ads for this. Good tickets still on sale block D 24 is the 4th row in the centre. Front row in G. I wonder were they holding back good ones as usual

STANDING
    Full Price Ticket
    €59.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKD, Row 24
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKF, Row 26
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKB, Row 23
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKG, Row 21
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/beck-yeah-yeah-yeahs-dublin-05-23-2018/event/1800538BDE85F32A?artistid=765320&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

below face on seatwave
    https://www.seatwave.ie/beck-tickets/3arena-dublin-tickets/wednesday-23-may-2018/perf/1129102

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubadub wrote: »
    Keeping hearing ads for this. Good tickets still on sale block D 24 is the 4th row in the centre. Front row in G. I wonder were they holding back good ones as usual

STANDING
    Full Price Ticket
    €59.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKD, Row 24
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKF, Row 26
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKB, Row 23
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea
    Sec BLOCKG, Row 21
    Full Price Ticket
    €69.50 ea

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/beck-yeah-yeah-yeahs-dublin-05-23-2018/event/1800538BDE85F32A?artistid=765320&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

below face on seatwave
    https://www.seatwave.ie/beck-tickets/3arena-dublin-tickets/wednesday-23-may-2018/perf/1129102

no seats available in upper/back tiers, all the lower tiers.
    were the upper blocks even onsale? if not I presume it'll all be curtained off...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Seeing Beck tonight and as part of Big Weekend in Belfast this Friday, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

no seats available in upper/back tiers, all the lower tiers.
    were the upper blocks even onsale? if not I presume it'll all be curtained off...

Top tier wasn't on sale at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Enjoyed YYY's but thought Karen O's vocals were a bit low in the mix.

Looking forward to Beck.

Absolutely epic couple of gigs. Sound on vocals was terrible on the floor relatively up the front. 3arena is abysmal for sound standing.

Still though, epic performances and amazing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

really enjoyed both sets, YYY sounded great from upstairs. thought beck coming on so late maybe affected the crowd a little, people getting tired or perhaps just me after work ha. what was the story with that, took almost an hour between both acts and didn't finish up until half eleven! was worried he would have to cut it well short when he started mentioning the curfew. great night though really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Is Colours the worst album of all time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Shoelaces wrote: »

No. Thought the sound for beck was a bit muffled but the performance was great. I loved the yeah yeah yeahs show. They kicked arse.

I think it’s a brilliant album, and they performed it wonderfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Lead vocals for both were **** and we tried several different areas from the back to very near the front. At one stage the backing vocals were louder and clearer than Beck. Only a slight downer though on 2 great performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Yeah, vocals were too low for both acts. But they were both still brilliant. I thought the new songs from Colours were the standouts from Becks set!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Is the beck setlist on setlist.fm accurate? I was 8 pints in but thought it lagged a bit towards the end with just crap songs selected! Until where it's at.

Karen o is cool as fùck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Nope.

I'm a bit dubious about the new album but I thought all the tracks from it worked great live.

Great show from Beck despite sub par sound. I was upstairs for YYYs and the first couple of Beck songs and the sound is definitely worse in standing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Did Beck ask the crowd about the sound quality at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

I thought Beck was fantastic & Colours is a great Pop album. It took a while to get going alright, but I couldn't get over how lethargic the crowd were (I was up in the seats), were they all just there for The YYY's?:confused: Don't think the "double-headliner" worked at all areally- 2 very different acts. Was a bit worried when Beck didn't go on until 10pm & then referenced a "strict curfew" @ 10:55pm, but I think he just thought f**k it & carried on regardless. If anything he took even longer to try to interact with the crowd, Acoustic "Debra": telling his Powerscourt road-trip story, Raspberry Beret, Where it's at: introducing the band each with their own cover song snippets. By the end (c. 11:35pm?) I think he had won everyone over- he really is a great live artist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Beck was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Wheeker wrote: »
    I thought Beck was fantastic & Colours is a great Pop album. It took a while to get going alright, but I couldn't get over how lethargic the crowd were (I was up in the seats), were they all just there for The YYY's?:confused: Don't think the "double-headliner" worked at all areally- 2 very different acts. Was a bit worried when Beck didn't go on until 10pm & then referenced a "strict curfew" @ 10:55pm, but I think he just thought f**k it & carried on regardless. If anything he took even longer to try to interact with the crowd, Acoustic "Debra": telling his Powerscourt road-trip story, Raspberry Beret, Where it's at: introducing the band each with their own cover song snippets. By the end (c. 11:35pm?) I think he had won everyone over- he really is a great live artist. :)

I think half the problem was the standing crowd couldn't figure out what he was saying. Clarity in the sound was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Wheeker wrote: »
    Was a bit worried when Beck didn't go on until 10pm & then referenced a "strict curfew" @ 10:55pm, but I think he just thought f**k it & carried on regardless.

I heard security saying as I left that although curfew was 11, he wasn't going to be fined. They weren't sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I heard security saying as I left that although curfew was 11, he wasn't going to be fined. They weren't sure why.

As the clock went past ten bells and there was no sign of him I feared for the worst. In the end I think the crowd were v tired. My Mrs was shattered. A turnaround of nearly an hour isnt the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Two great gigs, absolutely shattered by the end though!

Sound was yet again shockingly bad on the floor. Muddy sound with barely legible vocals. I'll say it again. They need to close off the bar area from the arena as they have done at the very similar in shape and size Leeds Arena. Even just heavy curtains would massively improve the sound quality in the space. It would also mean that all the chatter from the bar area wouldnt be quite so obvious...

Of course that might mean reducing the standing capacity a little bit so theres no hope Live Nation will do it...

citycentre wrote: »
    Two great gigs, absolutely shattered by the end though!

Sound was yet again shockingly bad on the floor. Muddy sound with barely legible vocals. I'll say it again. They need to close off the bar area from the arena as they have done at the very similar in shape and size Leeds Arena. Even just heavy curtains would massively improve the sound quality in the space. It would also mean that all the chatter from the bar area wouldnt be quite so obvious...

Of course that might mean reducing the standing capacity a little bit so theres no hope Live Nation will do it...

Was seating, Vocals were bad.

Don't feel it was a matter of where you were standing/seating on the night. It was just bad.

Queens of the Stone age was bad.
    Radiohead was ok.
    Arcade fire was awesome.
    Last night was the worst i've been to recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I've been at plenty of gigs there where the sound was much better, so it's not all the venue's fault.

Advertisement