Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby names-CSO

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

My name was the 8th most popular one for girls the year I was born, when there were 498 of us.

It last registered in 2014 when there were 3 of us and it was 876th! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My name was the 8th most popular one for girls the year I was born, when there were 498 of us.

It last registered in 2014 when there were 3 of us and it was 876th! :(

That's a good thing. You're name has become rare, you stand out.

Embrace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

That's a good thing. You're name has become rare, you stand out.

Embrace it.

That's true I suppose! :o Its a fairly normal Irish name but has clearly gone completely out of fashion, compared to when I was in secondary school and there were 4 of us in my year!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

So I searched for a very famous female (current) singer's name the last 5 years... a nice name... not there. Odd. Yet there are two Rihannas on my road alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I love how the names Charlene and Kylie suddenly became really popular in the late '80s. Don't think I've ever met a Charlene who wasn't born in 1988 or '89.

Sadly, Madge never caught on in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

RayM wrote: »
    I love how the names Charlene and Kylie suddenly became really popular in the late '80s. Don't think I've ever met a Charlene who wasn't born in 1988 or '89.

Sadly, Madge never caught on in the same way.

Or Morag!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was just thinking of the snapper movie which is always shown over Christmas and the name Sharon has really declined, still babies been called Sharon in 2014.

Advertisement