Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I wonder how much the Independent paid them to wear them.

I'd say he paid them to post the pics and article. Some good nice guy family man PR exercise after all the hookers and cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'd say he paid them to post the pics and article. Some good nice guy family man PR exercise after all the hookers and cocaine

Definitely a PR stunt. Whenever you see couple in matching outfits in articles like this its a dead giveaway that its a publicity stunt. He's turned into a desperate attention seeker like Alex Reid. Next thing we know Conor will also have a cross dressing alter ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

JohnMc1 wrote:
    Definitely a PR stunt. Whenever you see couple in matching outfits in articles like this its a dead giveaway that its a publicity stunt. He's turned into a desperate attention seeker like Alex Reid. Next thing we know Conor will also have a cross dressing alter ego.

Why not could fight cyborg

First ufc multi gender champ champ champ

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Why not could fight cyborg

First ufc multi gender champ champ champ

Which one would be the multigender though.

Which one would be the multigender though.

Who fuppin knows

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote:
    I imagine Dee will solve that for us if she ever finds her dignity and self respect and gets tired of Conor's ****.

I'm all for a bit of jousting and poking fun at McGregor at times.

But that post is just nasty and bitter.

I imagine Dee will solve that for us if she ever finds her dignity and self respect and gets tired of Conor's ****.

Horrible post

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Uncalled for, dont post something like that again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

While we are at it lets drop the multi gender jokes/comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sorry about that guys. I deleted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Horrible post

Yeah, and your previous one just oozed class, didn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yeah, and your previous one just oozed class, didn't it.

Yeah apparently it's ok to call Cris Cyborg "multigendered" (whatever the hell that is) and still act offended on behalf of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I don't know whats worse.

The week leading up to fight night, or the lack of any fight news at all.

People in here are getting horrid testy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

I don't know whats worse.

The week leading up to fight night, or the lack of any fight news at all.

The latter is far, far worse.

Ah I'm not so sure. During fight week you have to put up with the daily "what time will Mcgregor be fighting at?" posts.

Ah I'm not so sure. During fight week you have to put up with the daily "what time will Mcgregor be fighting at?" posts.

I'll read that any day, compared to what he's doing in his own time, what drugs he's allegedly taking, who he beat up, how his dad is meeting kingpins to negotiate for Conor's life, how he has fifteen women pregnant but only slept with twelve of them, how the Indo paid him & Dee to wear a onesie, how Conor Junior was seen starting a fight in a private creche, how Dee kicked him out and he's investing in a new Treehouse business, and all manner of shite that simply matters to no one or no thing.

Inviere wrote: »
    all manner of shite that simply matters to no one or no thing.

You're giving far too much credit to a considerable proportion of posters on the MMA forum. A lot of it matters a LOT of it to plenty on here.

You're giving far too much credit to a considerable proportion of posters on the MMA forum. A lot of it matters a LOT of it to plenty on here.

Not really it doesn't, the scutter that's posted here (and other places) is forgotten ten seconds after its typed I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Prediction: McGregor's next fight will be announced on Friday. Ariel Helwani has posted that they're having a big press conference on Friday to showcase the first quarter of next year. They usually announce new fights at those events. And today, McGregor's girlfriend posted a picture of the two of them getting ready to travel. Could be to Vegas. McGregor/Ferguson for March is my guess. Could be totally wrong but I have a good feeling about it. MMA Gods be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For the sanity of this thread, I hope you're right man, fight announcement Friday would be class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Prediction: McGregor's next fight will be announced on Friday. Ariel Helwani has posted that they're having a big press conference on Friday to showcase the first quarter of next year. They usually announce new fights at those events. And today, McGregor's girlfriend posted a picture of the two of them getting ready to travel. Could be to Vegas. McGregor/Ferguson for March is my guess. Could be totally wrong but I have a good feeling about it. MMA Gods be good.

You could be right. Conor was in NYC recently and I'd imagine be spoke to the UFC at some point with a view to making this deal. UFC would love to close out the year with this announcement imo. Where did you see the photo of Dee preparing to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dulux99 wrote: »
    You could be right. Conor was in NYC recently and I'd imagine be spoke to the UFC at some point with a view to making this deal. UFC would love to close out the year with this announcement imo. Where did you see the photo of Dee preparing to travel?

He was in NY to get paid his PPV points for MayMac, he definitely was talking to the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Think Conors threads are better off moved to the celeb forum at this stage

dave1982 wrote: »
    Think Conors threads are better off moved to the celeb forum at this stage

what?..why?..nothing says mixed martial arts like matching onesies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It'd be great if Conor does show up that he's in the form he was for the Go Big Presser. That remains my favourite press conference when Conor was at his most natural, partially because he wasn't expected to live up to anything.

The expectations for him to deliver craziness grew as time went by. The "animal balloons" line at the UFC 196 presser felt rehearsed. The late arrivals grew even later. The water bottle throwing incident wasn't planned but it heightened expectations. Then he took things to new levels showing up in crazy outfits, saying crazy stuff.

Conor is at risk of not just becoming the character he created for himself but a caricature of it. He's constantly trying to say/do/wear crazier sh1t. I hope he doesn't completely jump the shark and, if he is attending this presser, that he just turns up, be himself and I'm sure he'll make plenty of headlines either way.

Right, on a personal level the Xmas period has been a difficult one and I'm working through some crisis issues. I consider all of you friends and a lot of you have my email address or phone number, so feel free to use it. If you don't have it and want it, I'm sure Axwell can give it via PM. Giving the chop to Twitter & Boards so I can focus on finding stability with my mental & physical health.

2018 Predictions:

* Conor to announce himself as a) co-owner of the UFC (Probably just shares in the company but morphing towards a Vince McMahon style gimmick) and b) co-owner of the new Paradigm-McGregor Management company.

* Conor v Nate 3 with a co-headline of GSP vs Woodley (win for GSP) on the August 18th Vegas card for the UFC to make a huge final push to attract higher bids before the current tv-rights deal expires November 2018.

* Conor fights three times in total (all MMA), with one appearance in WWE - Ferguson in March, Nate in August, GSP (welterweight title shot) in November at MSG. In that sequence regardless of wins/losses but I think he wins them all for an historic year.

* Conor to end the year P4P #1 and the only SBG fighter remaining in the UFC.

* DC to lose the title to Oezdemir via 1st round KO and retires in the cage. Alexander Gustafsson to end the year as champion.

* Brock vs Ngannou to headline International fight week for the heavyweight title with Brock winning with GNP via wrestle-fcuk. Brock's comeback approved in a deal between Dana and Vince, after Conor granted permission to appear at Wrestlemania 34.

* DC un-retires to fight Werdum for the heavyweight title after Brock vacates.

* CM Punk to fight twice in MMA (0-2 but competitive) and appear in WWE.

* Ronda vs Cyborg to headline the end-of-year show, December 29th, 2018, breaking the new PPV record set the month previous by Conor. Ronda also to pull off a Rocky-style upset win in the fight (judo + armbar = win) before delivering a speech about adversity.

* Holloway, TJ, Nunes and Rockhold to go undefeated in 2018.

* JJ to win her title back in dominant fashion. Shevchenko to become women's flyweight champion. JJ beats Shevchenko to become 2-division champion on the Rousey-Cyborg card.

* Mighty Mouse does not fight TJ and becomes as popular as a mini-Woodley, despite extending the title defence record by 3, beating Cejudo and Benavidez again.

* Gunni to retire following another KO defeat citing his health, Artem to sign with Bellator, Charlie Ward and John Phillips cut, Dillon Danis and James Gallagher both to submit 2 tomato cans in impressive fashion.

* Chael to reach the final of the Bellator tournament (wrestling I guess) before a "super-fight" with a returning Chuck Liddell at the end of the year.

If you're gonna make predictions, might as well go as specific as possible I guess ;) Ok that's me done.

I'll be back. Happy new year in advance :)

If I got a quid for every time you said you are leaving boards I'd be absolutely minted! See you next week wonder 😀

It'd be great if Conor does show up that he's in the form he was for the Go Big Presser. That remains my favourite press conference when Conor was at his most natural, partially because he wasn't expected to live up to anything.

The expectations for him to deliver craziness grew as time went by. The "animal balloons" line at the UFC 196 presser felt rehearsed. The late arrivals grew even later. The water bottle throwing incident wasn't planned but it heightened expectations. Then he took things to new levels showing up in crazy outfits, saying crazy stuff.

Conor is at risk of not just becoming the character he created for himself but a caricature of it. He's constantly trying to say/do/wear crazier sh1t. I hope he doesn't completely jump the shark and, if he is attending this presser, that he just turns up, be himself and I'm sure he'll make plenty of headlines either way.

Right, on a personal level the Xmas period has been a difficult one and I'm working through some crisis issues. I consider all of you friends and a lot of you have my email address or phone number, so feel free to use it. If you don't have it and want it, I'm sure Axwell can give it via PM. Giving the chop to Twitter & Boards so I can focus on finding stability with my mental & physical health.

2018 Predictions:

* Conor to announce himself as a) co-owner of the UFC (Probably just shares in the company but morphing towards a Vince McMahon style gimmick) and b) co-owner of the new Paradigm-McGregor Management company.

* Conor v Nate 3 with a co-headline of GSP vs Woodley (win for GSP) on the August 18th Vegas card for the UFC to make a huge final push to attract higher bids before the current tv-rights deal expires November 2018.

* Conor fights three times in total (all MMA), with one appearance in WWE - Ferguson in March, Nate in August, GSP (welterweight title shot) in November at MSG. In that sequence regardless of wins/losses but I think he wins them all for an historic year.

* Conor to end the year P4P #1 and the only SBG fighter remaining in the UFC.

* DC to lose the title to Oezdemir via 1st round KO and retires in the cage. Alexander Gustafsson to end the year as champion.

* Brock vs Ngannou to headline International fight week for the heavyweight title with Brock winning with GNP via wrestle-fcuk. Brock's comeback approved in a deal between Dana and Vince, after Conor granted permission to appear at Wrestlemania 34.

* DC un-retires to fight Werdum for the heavyweight title after Brock vacates.

* CM Punk to fight twice in MMA (0-2 but competitive) and appear in WWE.

* Ronda vs Cyborg to headline the end-of-year show, December 29th, 2018, breaking the new PPV record set the month previous by Conor. Ronda also to pull off a Rocky-style upset win in the fight (judo + armbar = win) before delivering a speech about adversity.

* Holloway, TJ, Nunes and Rockhold to go undefeated in 2018.

* JJ to win her title back in dominant fashion. Shevchenko to become women's flyweight champion. JJ beats Shevchenko to become 2-division champion on the Rousey-Cyborg card.

* Mighty Mouse does not fight TJ and becomes as popular as a mini-Woodley, despite extending the title defence record by 3, beating Cejudo and Benavidez again.

* Gunni to retire following another KO defeat citing his health, Artem to sign with Bellator, Charlie Ward and John Phillips cut, Dillon Danis and James Gallagher both to submit 2 tomato cans in impressive fashion.

* Chael to reach the final of the Bellator tournament (wrestling I guess) before a "super-fight" with a returning Chuck Liddell at the end of the year.

If you're gonna make predictions, might as well go as specific as possible I guess ;) Ok that's me done.

I'll be back. Happy new year in advance :)

Best of luck in the New Year man and next time you are back I'm sure things will be better and more stable in your life.

The forum will definitely miss ya.

If I got a quid for every time you said you are leaving boards I'd be absolutely minted! See you next week wonder ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hasn't Charlie Ward already been cut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hasn't Charlie Ward already been cut?

I meant Bellator*.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement