Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its mad all the Khabib experts in the thread all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭clsmooth

ASOT wrote: »
    Its mad all the Khabib experts in the thread all of a sudden.

Yep I never heard of him before last night, like most people I suppose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I hate to admit it bit if kabhib takes Conor down it's a beating for the rest of the round or submitted. Conor survived on the ground with Mendez but kabhibs wrestling is on another level.

Then again I said to myself after the brando fight I would not doubt Conor again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

TBH I think Conner would dominate kabhib and ko him inside 3. I think kabhib would charge and get lit up like a Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Adam1738

Enough with the speculation and **** talking, I just want to see him fight again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Bag of coke. New years day hangover twitter posting with the boyz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Wish he'd just shut up and fight! Would be amazing to see him fight Khabib and Ferguson this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Paully D wrote: »

So "Pay me my worth" is the excuse he's running with again? MMA sites should just ignore him until he actually fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

whats the going call out for a plumber these days lads? 50 quid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nate broke Conor in two rounds, he wouldn't make it out of the first with Khabib. He'd be walked down, mauled and give his back again.

Khabib walked through headkicks from barbosa and just kept walking him down, the same thing would happen to Conor, but Conor doesn't have Barbosas engine to keep him going for three rounds.

"He was **** but I won't fight anyone unless I get paid and they beg".

You won't fight him or Tony because you're afraid of a third L in 4 fights and see Nate as the easier pay day.

Just retire already and come back in five years when you're broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm still convinced Conor will KO Khabib with ease, pity we'll prob never see the fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Conor has a thirty second window to KO Khabib. After that he gets taken down and beat to a bloody pulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads mcgregors acting the clown but to say a pro fighter is afraid of another fighter is ridiculous haha, at the end of the day theres a very real chance they all have cte, the need to make as much cash as possible. I dont care what anyone says there not in it for the legacy or the glory its for the cash.

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads mcgregors acting the clown but to say a pro fighter is afraid of another fighter is ridiculous haha, at the end of the day theres a very real chance they all have cte, the need to make as much cash as possible. I dont care what anyone says there not in it for the legacy or the glory its for the cash.

McGregor IS afraid. If not afraid of Tony or Khabid, but of another loss and losing his title. That's why he's intentionally pricing himself out of the MMA market. He knows Boxing promoters won't want to know he's alive once he loses that Belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nate broke Conor in two rounds, he wouldn't make it out of the first with Khabib. He'd be walked down, mauled and give his back again.

Khabib walked through headkicks from barbosa and just kept walking him down, the same thing would happen to Conor, but Conor doesn't have Barbosas engine to keep him going for three rounds.

You won't fight him or Tony because you're afraid of a third L in 4 fights and see Nate as the easier pay day.

You genuinely think Conor would be lucky to make it out of first round? The likes of Pat Healy, Gleisen tibau went the distance with Khabib. If Khabib is to finish Conor surely it's in the latter rounds?

It's a good fight and I hope it gets made. I say Khabib will fight Ferguson before McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

There was a 2nd fight you must have remembered.......Nate far from broke Conor in that one where he had the full time to prepare for an opponent (at this weight he'd never fought before) .....took approx 24mins and 50 secs to do anything meaningful

incidentally who would you have Nate v Khabib at 170 lbs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    McGregor IS afraid. If not afraid of Tony or Khabid, but of another loss and losing his title. That's why he's intentionally pricing himself out of the MMA market. He knows Boxing promoters won't want to know he's alive once he loses that Belt.

Yeah because 4.4m million draws and remove some irrelevant straps to boxing and he's a free TV fighter.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    There was a 2nd fight you must have remembered.......Nate far from broke Conor in that one where he had the full time to prepare for an opponent (at this weight he'd never fought before) .....took approx 24mins and 50 secs to do anything meaningful

incidentally who would you have Nate v Khabib at 170 lbs ?

They're both 155lb fighters so whether it's at 155, 170 or 205 the outcome is the same and Nate gets thrown around the octagon for however long it lasts just like everyone else.

They're both 155lb fighters so whether it's at 155, 170 or 205 the outcome is the same and Nate gets thrown around the octagon for however long it lasts just like everyone else.

So that includes Fersguson too then....Khabib Nurmagomedev the Goat among Goats .....a kind of X-man it would seem

I'd have Tony beating him never mind Conor

Yup, I think he smashes Tony when they fight for the title in the spring after Conor is finally stripped.

Tony doesn't have the striking to bother Khabib and he doesn't have the grappling to neutralise him, it's a right night at the office for T-Ferg and I say that as a fan of both Tony and Nate.

Yup, I think he smashes Tony when they fight for the title in the spring after Conor is finally stripped.

Tony doesn't have the striking to bother Khabib and he doesn't have the grappling to neutralise him, it's a right night at the office for T-Ferg and I say that as a fan of both Tony and Nate.

You acknowledge the fact someone doesn't have that element but don't with someone who does ........agenda much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

IgIiEB1.gif

Tony vs Khabib in early 2018 with the winner facing Conor (probably sometime in the summer would make sense with that timeline) is what I want to see.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah because 4.4m million draws and remove some irrelevant straps to boxing and he's a free TV fighter.

The marketing gimmick for him in Boxing is that he's a reigning UFC Champion. That's the big draw for him in Boxing "How would a UFC Champion do in Boxing?" If he's not a Champion those opportunities will dry up faster than Rhonda's acting career once she lost her belt.

Paully D wrote: »
    Tony vs Khabib in early 2018 with the winner facing Conor (probably sometime in the summer would make sense with that timeline) is what I want to see.

Why do you want Tony the interm champion to defend his belt? If Tony is fighting anyone in early 2018 it should be Conor or Conor should be stripped of his title. The UFC titles are becoming a joke already but if they start making interm champs defend their title that is just even more ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC official account even getting in on the action

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/947917053679230976

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement