Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the ads during a film on RTÉ in 1984.

Options
13»

Comments

Bonzo scared me a little, but the Moving Crib will haunt my dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

_Dara_ wrote: »

My favourite ad of the era. A perfect pairing of lyrics and imagery. I like the melancholic feel of it too, I think a lot of people feel that way at Christmas. Dusty's voice is just sex too. Ain't no John Lewis ad got anything on this.

Ha ha - from back in the good old days when they WANTED you to use as much leccy as you could. The young pup is due back home so switch the whole shaggin lot on and bake a cake whilst you are at it Mrs.

What confused me then and still puzzles me now is who, in the name of all that is mucksavagish, drives home from the railway station over open heathland and mountain. It must have been a parallel universe Ireland. Nowhere is that remote in actual Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

topper75 wrote: »

What confused me then and still puzzles me now is who, in the name of all that is mucksavagish, drives home from the railway station over open heathland and mountain. It must have been a parallel universe Ireland. Nowhere is that remote in actual Ireland.

One minute he was getting off a train, then he was driving over a mountain and then he passed through what looks like Rathdrum in Co Wicklow. Unless they took a very scenic route home, it doesn't make geographical sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

topper75 wrote: »
    Ha ha - from back in the good old days when they WANTED you to use as much leccy as you could. The young pup is due back home so switch the whole shaggin lot on and bake a cake whilst you are at it Mrs.

Its not CGI, now is it. Its an actual house in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Its not CGI, now is it. Its an actual house in Ireland.

I've no beef with the house. It's the rather meandering, to say the least, route they took there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement