Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl/Dunnes twelve days of Christmas 12th 23rd of December!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Mondays offer is king crisps 20 box, €2.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

The staff at Lidl Marlay are automatically discounting a tenner off any shops over 50 euro this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

25442858_1920333217980193_4686551684668668241_n.png?oh=026bd9525331fd0333e4a6eae3e13706&oe=5AB97163

Somebody said they wanted healthy.
    dunnes-12-days-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

the corpo wrote: »
    The staff at Lidl Marlay are automatically discounting a tenner off any shops over 50 euro this evening.
    Assume that is local only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I would say so, as the staff in Stillorgan didn't offer me the same discount when I'd already shopped there this afternoon! Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Yeah it's part of their reopening. They have been doing 10 off 50 spends for three weeks, next week is the last.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah it's part of their reopening. They have been doing 10 off 50 spends for three weeks, next week is the last.
    Do you know if that includes alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

25442858_1920333217980193_4686551684668668241_n.png?oh=026bd9525331fd0333e4a6eae3e13706&oe=5AB97163

After stocking up on their taytos a few days ago I'm not sure I can handle another box of crisps lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Do you know if that includes alcohol?
    No it doesn't.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

After stocking up on their taytos a few days ago I'm not sure I can handle another box of crisps lol

I don’t normally buy king boxes of crisps but I’m actually tempted to get this now at this price and I really shouldnt either seeing as I already have tayto and walkers boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Are they crunchy or soft?
    Soft.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just saw two ladies and a child come out of local Lidl together, the ladies carrying 6 red boxes each and the child 2 boxes. I had to come in here to see what today's offer was! Also another separate lady carrying 3 boxes. Wtf do people.do with that many crisps?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

miamee wrote: »
    I just saw two ladies and a child come out of local Lidl together, the ladies carrying 6 red boxes each and the child 2 boxes. I had to come in here to see what today's offer was! Also another separate lady carrying 3 boxes. Wtf do people.do with that many crisps?!

We give them as gifts to neighbours children for xmas. They love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Crisp sandwiches aaaallll through Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

School bazaars etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Probably tayto employees taking out the competition

It's very easy to eat 2/3 packets of crisps in an evening and you might have a few in your family/guests and it's very easy to get trough a box of crisps. Plus you generally have a few months to eat them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's very easy to eat 2/3 packets of crisps in an evening and you might have a few in your family/guests and it's very easy to get trough a box of crisps. Plus you generally have a few months to eat them.

Ah I love a bag of King crisps myself but they were buying 280 bags. As you say, maybe lots of guests epxpected or a party planned. They don't be long disappearing when they are out in bowls at a party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

matchthis wrote: »
    Tayto own King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

matchthis wrote: »

As a previous poster said Tayto own the King Brand, have done since the 90s at least, probably 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

As a previous poster said Tayto own the King Brand, have done since the 90s at least, probably 80s.

Largo foods own both of them. Bought them in 2006..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

rafatoni wrote: »

Yes, I didn't want to go into the out and out specifics but "in the trade" they're still referred to as Tayto, not Largo. The Tayto brand name is the jewel in the crown.... it's for that reason it's Tayto Park and not Largo Park. :pac::);)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tayto own King

And Intersnack from Germany now own the lot except the park

https://fora.ie/ray-coyle-tayto-crisps-resigns-3304267-Mar2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sell them on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's very easy to eat 2/3 packets of crisps in an evening

Two to three bags of crisps an evening? :eek::eek::eek: I wouldn't eat two or three bags of crisps in a year!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Two to three bags of crisps an evening? :eek::eek::eek: I wouldn't eat two or three bags of crisps in a year!

Most people I know who'd be in crisps would easily do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Most people I know who'd be in crisps would easily do it!

They are only 25g bags too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lidl have tins of afternoon tea and elite chocolate kimberley for 6.99 tomorrow

• Advertisement

25550208_1921031037910411_5260950552391824232_n.jpg?oh=3f33b3007a6f3766cbaec08ce6a57be9&oe=5AB857CD

Advertisement