Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    If there are no objections, deadline for votes shall be Sunday at Midnight. No further extensions guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Thanks Joe

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Thanks Joe

Sure whats a few days, I myself havent read them all yet myself.

I find it easier to read 5 shows from one person as it flows better and makes you eager to keep reading, rather than 5 individual shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    just to say thank you, and fair play to those who have been going to the trouble of not only reading through the entries, but giving feedback.

legends. it's nice to read.

even if it's after the deadline, i'll do my best to get some feedback up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Feedback Shagnastii
    Two fantastic shows. BSS were excellent throughout, really demanding our attention and you produced some great segments for them.
    I was really curious to see what matches you went with on your card, possibly HHH v Dunne, or maybe HHH & Vince vs BSS, with Yokozuna possibly added in after hall of fame shenanigans?
    The American Brave stable look strong, and you chose the members well. I reckoned that Gulak may turn on them down the line.
    Velveteen and Goldust should be a good pairing.

Feedback Slickric
    All your matches are really well written. Punk is at his heel best, and Bruno as the honourable veteran is the perfect foil. Great call putting the tag match in the chamber. The brutality came across through your writing. Tanahashi/Ultimo told a great story, nice twist in Lawler/Jake and Kennedy/Umaga has scope to be a wild rivalry. Great roster, great card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    I've PM'd beakerjoe my votes.

I found it very tough to even whittle it down to a shortlist of ten as I enjoyed all the entries. Looking forward to seeing who wins on Monday.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Beakerjoe
    Excellent introduction post, the way you’re dealing with Benoit is risky but with your writing skills I think you pull it off. It’s a nice way to introduce your roster with a bit of flesh considering the lower post allowance.

Devil’s Advocate Sean O’Haire is a great character and you use him well, loved him asking “are you a Michaels or a Janetty” to Ciampa. The D.I.Y. break-up was done well, I liked the reverse to reality where Gargano’s knee is the one in trouble. Stallone fighting with Joe is such a cool image, Rhyno training Stallone was great too, excellent use of the celebrity this year. Firmly rooting for your Nikki Cross, Eva’s such a natural heel and having Baszler be there to do the wrestling for her on the PPV is a smart move. Bret vs Benoit is a really interesting feud, certainly a unique one too.

HOH have the makings of a very entertaining tag team, so easy to boo. I’m glad Strong beat Corbin & that Cross wins the title, a nice way of keeping Baszler strong and making Eva get her comeuppance. Gargano vs Ciampa is such a hot match-up, the fact it ended with a roll-up makes me eager to see what would happen next. I liked the Mysterio Almas feud and this is a great match. Joe making Rocky tap out makes him look a star as Heyman promised. Benoit vs Bret is a hell of a match-up and I was shocked to see Benoit win but with Gargano & David making him pay immediately it makes Johnny Wrestling such a star in BCW. Gargano vs Bret or Gargano vs Ciampa for the title gives BCW an amazing feud to move into from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    beakerjoe - Beyond Chaos ULTIMATE CHAOS 3
    Wow epic main event with Benoit, his son, Bret and Gargano and nice surprising ending, as was expecting Bret to retain, enjoyed Andrade Almas Vs. Mysterio and Stallone Vs. Joe matches also, very well written ppv

A Brad Maddox Guy - MWA - WRESTLERAMA V
    Loved the main event ladder match between Eddie and Dolph, crazy divas battle was also every enjoyable as was tag team titles match and of course Hogan Vs. Andre's epic battle, great ppv

SlickRic - SWF - End of Days
    To quote JR, that ppv was an epic slobberknocker, full of carnage, what a tag title chamber match, loved Lawler not being scared of Jake's snake and Punk the punk tapping to Sammartino, all brillantly done

daithi1989 - Destiny Day
    impressive ppv card and nice touch having yourself included causing a distraction

4 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa - GWA - March Madness
    A great main event between SCSA and Cesaro and I can imagine Stephanie freaking out in her box at Triple C and Teddy plus him giving her and SCSA the middle finger :D, enjoyable street fights and tag matches also, tr fheabhas amach is amach

4 Posts Max
    I'm really enjoying everybody's work, think I've got 4 more PPVs to go and currently have no idea what way I'll be voting.

Spongey1975
    I liked your whole PPV build up, the father son feud particularly felt like something that would be brilliant spread out over a number of months. I genuinely belly laughed when I read “Second up was The Iron Sheikh and King Booker accompanied by their slave Sin Cara.” It seemed to come out of nowhere but ended up being an entertaining feud with a turn that would get a good pop. The Taker DiBiase feud was also excellent, I loved the angle of Ted selling his soul & Taker being here to claim it. It was a great match, I thought Undertaker would win but it was a very smart & believable swerve having Ted buy off Bearer and literally bury Undertaker alive.

JP Liz
    I had no idea I wanted Adam Sandler to be James Bond. The Women’s Championship match would be excellent, but that main event prints money. So much star power, wrestling ability & showstopping flash & Daniel Bryan is definitely the right man to walk out as Champion.

• Advertisement

4 Posts Max
    paulie21 - Pauliemania III
    All matches were high calibre, love that you included yourself to help Jackman defeat Shane, the main event between Rusev the brute a complete star mvp against Angle was amazing, epic ladies match, definitely a top contender this year

Mr.Nice Guy - MNG - Grapplemania
    Again you came out mighty strong with this ppv, got to say the battle of house Hardy, Matt Vs. Scott Steiner was brillianty written, felt like a film a really good film, Jericho epic main event title win was great as was Regal and Storm losing with Storm superkicking Regal, again a top contender as always expected from you, well done

Bounty Hunter - BWA Wrestlepalooza
    Reigns and his Samoan Dynasty was done brilliantly well, WWE should take note, really enjoyed Ventura Vs. McGuinness, delighted Okada won against Reigns, great ppv ending moment, again as always expected from you a top contender, very well done

4 Posts Max
    Mr Guappa
    Nice intro, I like the basis of this RTE Supershow and the Bucks headlining a WWE sponsored show. It’s got a unique feel to it. You very quickly set up some great matches for the PPV & Cesaro taking out Austin would garner huge buzz. Scurll turning on the Bucks for a WWE contract was great.

This PPV would be a major ratings hit for RTE, very exciting matches although Hero vs Sabu in a Street Fight would certainly need to be after the watershed :pac: Candice vs Sasha was done well, Becky & Asuka was great & Cesaro Austin is another dream fantasy match.

Paulie21
    I like your intro as it immediately sets out a number of dream matches (I didn’t know how much I wanted Sheamus vs Tazz until now) & highlights how stacked this roster is.

The PPV doesn’t disappoint. Sheamus vs Tazz is very good, the fact Giant Gonzalez is undefeated in PCW is astounding but makes him look stronger than reality ever did. After trading me Bobby Roode for American Alpha I’m delighted to see how well you used them, I think that was a trade that ended up working out well for all involved.

Considering the Women’s match has some weaker workers, putting them in a ladder match is a good move to help give everyone their moment to shine & I’m glad Alexa comes out on top. Shane O’Mac vs Wolverine in a street fight would get so much media attention & sell this PPV on its own. That main event is a great match and Rusev winning is definitely the right move. I’d love to see Rusev vs Goldberg going forward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Been sick all weekend so now trying to speed read through what I hadn't been able to get stuff in for. Here are the only bits of feedback I had written but not posted before starting to speed read

ABMG:
    Looks amazing anyway, Hogan as a heel champion perhaps, done that myself in the past and it's always a character worth reading, but he seems to be adamant he's face... seems I was wrong and #HeelZiggler is that man and now the champ. The Mountie as GM should be interesting and Undisputed era look like they will be good. An Adam Cole, Muta, Roode triple thread sounded really good but Kalisto just does not fit in for me, Your womens feud makes sense immediately though, the ECW boys fit their role ideally but I always like a feud wth history to it and being able to bill Farooq v Dr Death as 30 years in the making but still leave us wondering why has me reading on...

Supremacy - great stuff but from now on im speed reading just to get through everyones shows

Joe:
    I feel that disclaimer at the start may be important and now Heyman is in charge of the champs brand I love it the whole story of Heyman wanting rid of Hart's big contract, Hart training David Benoit etc This will build nicely. Actually reminded of MNGs writing with some of your recruitment shorts, good job. Some well written intros and I really like the different approaches of Heyman with each competitor, liking Eva to Sunny for example. The meeting with Benoit clearly takes the cake though and although I'm still a little worried about BCW becoming the Benoit show you are writing it perfectly. Heyman is being used superbly too

A very simple but effective Eva/Nikki set up nicely done, Really liked O'Haire getting in Ciampa's ear too. Love how everyone reading this would be waiting for him to turn after real life events and Gargano getting the win def indicates potential as it has to be Benoit vs Hart. Each feud is written in a good but logical manner and just makes so much sense, I can imagine Nikki Cross being driven mental by Eva just like I could Paulie relishing his plan to get eyes on his product working. Your characters fit their roles so well as we see with Joe picking a fight, ditto Almas and Rey. Even Corbin randomly attacking someone from the midcard backstage is how the dude operates. Ciampo turns and the PPV is almost fully built for me and still were only 1/2 through your build up show. Wish I had done as well with my build and didn't need to write a lot of it into my PPV post. Then Benoit. You tie up your undercard without much fuss and then the contract being on the line at your PPV makes me think we may get a cash in at the PPV. Benoit to win (Heat) followed by Johnny Wrestling cashing in on him (New Star is born) is what im calling right now. Didn't expect the Benoits to come to blow but it had my attention. Bazler was one I was wondering where she would be added and Eva would need backup to make it interesting. Wasn't surprised by the O'Haire turn either given who you had to be a mystery partner but it was very well done imo.

Johnny winning check! wasn't sure about the tag result but the new team could use it to establish themselves so check! The Almas and Cross results all go as they should imo wasn't sure which way the celeb match would go but the finish makes sense as does everything so far. The main event was good and Interesting how you spoilered the end and had no pic, I liked the ending not being spoiled and even though I guessed it, sometimes people guess things cos its best case scenario booking and imo thats what this was.

Kolido:
    People Power introduces your roster and it looks good, interesting to see Gangrel back with E&C in KWK, where the men play. Really easy to read and I like the graphics you used (made). The NAO joining the NWO makes so much sense, hard not to go along with it. Interesting choice to have Wendy at her now age but as the veteran wrestler agains the likes of Kelly Kelly it could def tell a good story. Heath & Davairi NWO jobber muscle? intreguing... kinda thought Edge would win but I do like when championships are personalized and maybe he will win the kingdom one now.

Really has to be The Brood NWO/NAO for the tag match but did it have to be a croll on a poll match ha no im joking that gives you some good variety on your card. Hall & Edge in a ladder match sounds epic

NWO get some momentum to start things off although the faces get their heat back after, Titus and Young just seem to be getting started so your booking makes sense here too, I like the Brood getting the win too, I enjoyed it's return similarily i'd have probably gone for Otunga too. Great moment and ending for yout ladder match and spraypainting the new title is a stadout image too. Hands up I did not see Chuck's title win coming but it is a real moment to differentiate your showw and him vs the NWO is something I now want to see.

4 Posts Max
    Last bit of feedback before I try to somehow narrow this down in voting.

DM_7
    Your initial Amorphous had some great matches in it, particularly using Matt Riddle vs Naito here instead of the main PPV. A future Riddle vs Neville match should be great. Also liked the decision to main event the two women, having Trish involved means interest in this would be sky high.

Formatting the two build up posts as a podcast was a very clever way of recapping your shows & building the main PPV. Corey as host is an incredibly natural fit. The Rock becoming champion to set up a match with Naito would guarantee the Ice & Fire PPV sells big.

Your PPV is of course unique. Setting up a twitter account to promote the matches was a great move. Neville winning made sense, sets up a nice comeback for Riddle down the line (boy was I wrong) :pac: Good use of Tyson & Lethal, Machismo Holyfield is a cracker. A street fight v Foley is also great use of Del Rio, then you have two dream matches with Charlotte vs Trish & Rock vs Naito. Excellent mix on this PPV.

Mr Nice Guy
    I laughed at your very first sentence which bodes well for the rest. Great preview post, working the Lake of Reincarnation into the Jericho Omega feud was a nice touch & I think I speak for the entire wrestling world when I say I want to see this rematch. You set up all of your feuds well in a short space & there’s a good mix of everything going to be on this PPV.

The PPV itself is made up of great match after great match. The first part is an excellent undercard, Ibushi & Kushida could easily steal match of the night (where it not for the anticipation of RVD vs Ricochet in a Ladders match). I think you always write classic wrestlers very well and that trend continues with the Kerry-Windham match and both tags. The HoF induction while Regal has gotten fired would be a great moment for the fans & Windham attacking Kerry sets up a good blood feud.

Hell of a ladder match, I’m just disappointed I won’t get see the RVD vs Ibushi match ☹ The Battle for the Big Booty Mansion to give it its proper title is possibly my favourite thing ever in the Draft. You did a great job writing it, the visuals were easy to imagine and both the action & humour were good. I was wondering when you’d take a shot at the two other promotions and they were worked in so naturally I belly laughed. Oh, and Matt Hardy V1 bringing MATTITUDE! The main event was awesome as expected, the building franticness in the finish was particularly enjoyable. Delighted Jericho won as a trilogy match would bring so much hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Votes submitted. Ridiculously difficult task in some of the categories, not least overall ranking. I think there is legitimately over half a dozen deserving winners. Well done to all.

6 Posts Max
    Plenty of votes in, plenty still to come hopefully.

Keep em coming guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    Just submitted my votes. Really high quality stuff again this year, was hard to pick in every category and have a feeling that someone will fall over the line as there are so many who deserve to win. Best of luck everyone and thanks Beakerjoe for running this all again, I'm sure it's a very time consuming task but you did a fantastic job again this year.

6 Posts Max
    Still a few to still vote, Lord, Furious Red, Shag, Daithi

6 Posts Max
    No votes from the following :

Connemara Man
    Daithi1989
    Lord TSC,
    Shagnastii
    Uncle Walt
    Furious Red (unable to PM)
    Alfred Borden
    LeeJM

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Sorry I didnt get votes in; just been really busy the last couple of wks, which is also why my submission was cut short also!

Unfortunately I havent even had a chance to start reading rosters yet.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    Sorry I didnt get votes in; just been really busy the last couple of wks, which is also why my submission was cut short also!

Unfortunately I havent even had a chance to start reading rosters yet.

Thats no worries Daithi, those who have read shows and yet to get votes in, you have until Im finished tallying them to get them in.

Tallying is begining now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Hey I've also started a new job and a few other projects of my own. (Also been made a mod elsewhere)
    So I haven't been able to get my reading done. I don't think I'll be able to get it done either, sorry that I can't, and the standard of writing deserves my full attention!

6 Posts Max
    Results thread has begun...........

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106740609#post106740609

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Enjoying the slammies so far, choices from lots of different feds

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Enjoying the slammies so far, choices from lots of different feds

Yeah, damn my diversity so far :pac::pac: Featured in all but a constant bridesmaid.

It's good to see different winners in each category though.

6 Posts Max
    Ill be driving for a while now, the last 2 awards (the last of the big ones) are counted but I wont be posting until later.

All I will say is that we have new Draft Champion

Ill let the suspense and drama escalate.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Sorry for bumping this mods but it's almost that time of the year again....

5 Posts Max
    2019 Draft Discussion Thread is now live - with a few minor changes :)

Advertisement