Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Great to see you back Joe, and as mentioned in Sign Up Thread, hope the child recovers shortly. Nieces and nephews of mine got a dose over the Xmas too, and by all accounts, wasnt pretty!

Looking forward to the draft - the experience was most enjoyable last year! Have no ideas in mind, unsure if I'll go wit a blank canvas and start again, or reform the DPW! Havent long left to decide though!

I would encourage anyone looking in to give it a go - still 2 spots available!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    So excited that picks are starting tomorrow :D

tenor.gif?itemid=7692057

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    So..... 1 hour and 9 mins to go hopefully...

Who's hoping for a high pick :P

I wonder what the theme, stips, all of it is gonna be like.

Did I mention I was excited :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    The shock when Enzo Amore is drafted number one! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,799 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    On the write-ups... I have an idea in mind and it doesn't fall strictly into the format outlined previously. It will be more like 3 episodes plus a season finale (ppv). Hope that's Ok? The first episode (season premiere) would work as an introduction to my fed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,799 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    On the write-ups... I have an idea in mind and it doesn't fall strictly into the format outlined previously. It will be more like 3 episodes plus a season finale (ppv). Hope that's Ok? The first episode (season premiere) would work as an introduction to my fed anyway.

Id be probably against 3 episodes plus a ppv. But by all means explain in more detail what you mean exactly so we can discuss the ins and outs of your idea.

I think limiting the write ups to 3 Max (Outline/history, Build up post and ppv post) is just the right balance to encourage more from people as it makes it less daunting. Doing any more like you propose may give you an advantage ove rothers and make it more daunting for other players who would feel the need to keep up with you just to compete with you.

That being said I dont wanna take the fun out of it for an experienced and active player (not too mention creator in your case).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    As someone put off by the writing I wouldn't have an issue with anyone posting 4 shows regardless of type.

I think a four post max would be fair regardless of what someone does in the 4. When 4 turns into 7 it is where it gets messy (Intro, 4 shows, two part PPV).

5 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    As someone put off by the writing I wouldn't have an issue with anyone posting 4 shows regardless of type.

I think a four post max would be fair regardless of what someone does in the 4. When 4 turns into 7 it is where it gets messy (Intro, 4 shows, two part PPV).

Yeah tend to agree with this. Four post max, do what you want within the four is a decent compromise?

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah tend to agree with this. Four post max, do what you want within the four is a decent compromise?

Im also happy with 4 (as you know Im more of an 8 post kinda guy). Would you be saying a 4 post max regardless of whats posted. Like its up to the player how to use their 4 posts?

If thats the concensus then so be it. Id love to hear from others as I dont want to put people off. I personally felt 3 was a nice limit (4post max seeing as a ppv could be split in 2.)

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im also happy with 4 (as you know Im more of an 8 post kinda guy). Would you be saying a 4 post max regardless of whats posted. Like its up to the player how to use their 4 posts?

If thats the concensus then so be it. Id love to hear from others as I dont want to put people off. I personally felt 3 was a nice limit (4post max seeing as a ppv could be split in 2.)

Yeah, I'd have no problem what someone posted within the 4 post limit tbh. (I'm also an 8/10 post guy :P )

If they want to do 3 episodes and put a PPV in a post I'd be cool with that tbh...

4 Posts Max
    At best, I'd probably be doing three posts. I kind of agreed to sign up based on the idea of the lower post limit tbh, to lower the work load, but if the consensus is four, then so be it.

6 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    At best, I'd probably be doing three posts. I kind of agreed to sign up based on the idea of the lower post limit tbh, to lower the work load, but if the consensus is four, then so be it.

See this is what im afraid of. I want to lower the burden on others to get more involved. While I dont mind a 4 post limit myself, I felt a 3 post limit would strike a nice balance.

How would you guys feel about putting it to a vote in a poll?

5 Posts Max
    As Necro says, 4 posts max

Give people options to do whatever they want within 4 posts or less.

Whatever works for the writer.

5 Posts Max
    Id be probably against 3 episodes plus a ppv. But by all means explain in more detail what you mean exactly so we can discuss the ins and outs of your idea.

I think limiting the write ups to 3 Max (Outline/history, Build up post and ppv post) is just the right balance to encourage more from people as it makes it less daunting. Doing any more like you propose may give you an advantage ove rothers and make it more daunting for other players who would feel the need to keep up with you just to compete with you.

That being said I dont wanna take the fun out of it for an experienced and active player (not too mention creator in your case).

My idea is to present 4 documentary/reality TV style episodes, basically following the goings on as my promotion prepares for it's first pay-per-view:

Episode 1 - Season premiere. Introducing the promotion, laying the groundwork for the season.
    Episode 2 - Mainly focused around that weeks TV show, but with some added bits thrown in.
    Episode 3 - Mainly focused around that weeks TV show, but with some added bits thrown in.
    Episode 4 - Season finale. Focused around the PPV.

Sorry if the above is a bit vague. The PPV episode won't be any greater in length than the other ones. I don't intend on writing reams of stuff btw!

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    My idea is to present 4 documentary/reality TV style episodes, basically following the goings on as my promotion prepares for it's first pay-per-view:

Episode 1 - Season premiere. Introducing the promotion, laying the groundwork for the season.
    Episode 2 - Mainly focused around that weeks TV show, but with some added bits thrown in.
    Episode 3 - Mainly focused around that weeks TV show, but with some added bits thrown in.

Sorry if the above is a bit vague. The PPV episode won't be any greater in length than the other ones. I don't intend on writing reams of stuff btw!

I just read "TOTAL DIVAS" :D

I expect big things from you after the fantasy league

5 Posts Max
    I just read "TOTAL DIVAS" :D

I expect big things from you after the fantasy league

Nikki Bella first pick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    I think ideally 4 posts do what you like with them is probably the best option.

Remember the limiting of posts is to try keep it sharpe and streamline to encourage write-ups from every roster.

That said If somebody puts up two/three solid posts (be it Preview-PPV, a Three post PPV whatever) I think that would be acceptable. Just give us a story.

5 Posts Max
    Side note: Fracking LOVE that everyone is calling me Necro now :D

:pac:

6 Posts Max
    Side note: Fracking LOVE that everyone is calling me Necro now :D

:pac:

Did we not always call you that?

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote:
    Did we not always call you that?

Maybe? I only noticed it since I started playing WW tbh.

5 Posts Max

You can't do that. That would be unfair.

I was going to do a documentary :pac:

4 Posts Max
    Ooooh, number two. Means I for sure get one of the utter top tier names, even if I have to wait an utter age to figure out who to pair him wit :P

6 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ooooh, number two. Means I for sure get one of the utter top tier names, even if I have to wait an utter age to figure out who to pair him wit :P

Use it wisely Lord.

Ive no clue whom to pick, ill just see who is still available myself.

I hope you like the stip guys, its restrictive but I still feel you can get a ton of talent here

5 Posts Max
    Restrictive in a good way though. Easy to get 20 names of highest standard.

Worst case you get a great trade option for later.

5 Posts Max
    An Alan Partridge themed draft. Back of the net!!!!

I was excited but this is ruddy fantastic news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Last pick of the round and potentially first pick of Rd 2 is fine be me. I have a list of 3 that I think could possibly still be available by pick 18.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Yes Partridge should be class. When Beaker was MIA I was considering doing a South Park themed one, just cos like his Simpsons one there is a million gifs / memes for it but you can't beat a bit of Norwich FMs premier Jockier of discs

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Last pick of the round and potentially first pick of Rd 2 is fine be me. I have a list of 3 that I think could possibly still be available by pick 18.

My initial plan in my head is already gone via the stip and round order , but to be fair my plan (getting two top tier guys, whom both have main evented mania) was never going to work out as both talents are too good to last until my pick in the round 2. Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,386 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    Brilliant first stip, and I'll be enjoying looking on the Draft this year.

I won't fool myself into thinking I'd get any shows up, and I'd feel too guilty at the end!

Enjoy it everyone!

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Yes Partridge should be class. When Beaker was MIA I was considering doing a South Park themed one, just cos like his Simpsons one there is a million gifs / memes for it but you can't beat a bit of Norwich FMs premier Jockier of discs

The theme is for my own entertainmnet only FYI:pac: Love me a bit of Alan

5 Posts Max
    Looks like I'm down to plan B too. Prays to draft gods.

Not many main eventers when you spell them out.

5 Posts Max
    A total of ZERO picks made and already people are ripping up their plans! ☺ (myself included)

5 Posts Max
    Just over halfway.... so 9 in front of me, then 16... here we go again :D

Actually really like the stip in spite of my plans being tossed in the fire.

5 Posts Max
    T...TWO Shawn Michaels??? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Give the draft winner to Walt already. HBK VS HBK is a lock best match of all time :pac:

5 Posts Max
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Brilliant first stip, and I'll be enjoying looking on the Draft this year.

I won't fool myself into thinking I'd get any shows up, and I'd feel too guilty at the end!

Enjoy it everyone!

Would you not draft anyway, then post your Card with a line or two about why you drafted them or put them against each other? It is not like we have 10 on the reserve list.

I say this as someone why has not posted shows but will do the above this year at the very least.

6 Posts Max
    now thats a tag team. Starting the draft as we mean to go on :pac:

it only took 1 pick for me to have to change my plans (I say plans I literally just have one list of 7 names this time)

4 Posts Max
    Barely had to think about that pick. There was one other that tempted me, but Brock will fit with more people than my other choice, which I need cause I've no clue who'll be available in 35 odd picks :P

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Would you not draft anyway, then post your Card with a line or two about why you drafted them or put them against each other? It is not like we have 10 on the reserve list.

I say this as someone why has not posted shows but will do the above this year at the very least.

I think if people are going with Joe's plan of 3 shows / 4 posts then the first one of those fleshing out your feds background could be done at your leisure as we draft considering the thing often takes months just for that phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Love the stip, interesting to see who slips in this round. On the posts limit I'm gonna go against the grain in here so far and stick to my initial thinking, 4 posts with whatever set up you like would be too close to recent years imo and risks the same problems that we are trying to address with write ups. I think beaker was on the right path with his setup, maybe loosen it to the 2nd show can be written as an episode if people wish but keep the 3 post limit with post #3 being the PPV which can be split into 2 if more images are needed.

5 Posts Max
    Love the stip, interesting to see who slips in this round. On the posts limit I'm gonna go against the grain in here so far and stick to my initial thinking, 4 posts with whatever set up you like would be too close to recent years imo and risks the same problems that we are trying to address with write ups. I think beaker was on the right path with his setup, maybe loosen it to the 2nd show can be written as an episode if people wish but keep the 3 post limit with post #3 being the PPV which can be split into 2 if more images are needed.

I don't expect to do 4 posts, more likely the three but hoped the allowance of a fourth would be okay for people who want to.

If we are allowing a two parter PPV is allowing 4 posts of your choosing much of a change from 2 posts of your choosing with a two part PPV (also 4 posts).

This is still half what some were posting (8).

I don't mind either way what happens but wanted to support idea of more options for people who like writing that bit more or just want to have their own structure

6 Posts Max
    I dont get the HBK joke....

200.gif

6 Posts Max
    Sticky the picks thread yay or nay?

6 Posts Max
    Yay x 1 million

5 Posts Max
    You missed it Beaker cos BH was super fast :(

Walt double posted his pick

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    HBK going back to Walt is one to watch, why has Walt chosen HBK again remains unclear now but he obviously has plans.

Brock is someone Ive always wanted but I never get a high enough pick to grab him in round 1.

6 Posts Max
    You missed it Beaker cos BH was super fast :(

Walt double posted his pick

Was actually Lordy this time. Stickying now so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    It's great to see the game under way. I've been under the weather these past few days, though not as bad as beakerjoe's little one and glad to hear she's on the mend.

Love the Partridge theme too. Ruddy good!

6 Posts Max
    Thanks guys for all the nice wishes. She hasnt improved much yet, so if there is any delays please bare with me.

But its nice to have this game back again, Im gunning to equal MNGs record of 3 ina row.

6 Posts Max

But its nice to have this game back again, Im gunning to equal MNGs record of 3 ina row.

Wouldn't mind breaking another streak of wins like I did with MNG now that you mention it :pac:

I am soo curious who is going to be taken next, don't usually have zero plans before picking my first guy... I'ts all going to change soon!

also remember why I was reticant to sticky the thread, I now don't see it on my mobile. If I can survive a WW game without logging in on my mobile I can do this though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement