Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah, just to say Beaker if you need a hand with anything I can give a dig out if necessary too. I practically live on Boards these days :P

Same as that and I'm between jobs at the moment (Viva la gig economy) so I have the time to enter again this year

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Less than a day till sign ups...

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Happy New Draft Day Year (In my time zone anyway)
    wwe-big-show-new-years-o.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    wrestling-gif-2.gif

anigif_enhanced-30442-1407791668-6.gif

6 Posts Max
    not sure if Joe has posted for around 10 days though, so I would not be waiting on a mid night reveal your time.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    not sure if Joe has posted for around 10 days though, so I would not be waiting on a mid night reveal your time.

Yeah, I PMed him re: the WW game too and haven't heard yet. I'd say he's just taking some time off for Christmas. I should probably do the same some year :pac::pac::pac:

6 Posts Max
    I'm only stepping in until Joe is back. Hopefully he's just had a nice Christmas Holiday and will be back posting soon, but hopefully when he returns we can have everything ready for him. Not rushing to start the full thing though as he may have a theme in mind like he did last year with the Simpsons. Come back to us Milhouse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    I see further discussion about the write ups and the amount required for this year. I'm not sure if there has been agreement but I suppose we can all agree that a begin and end to your Feds storyline would be desired.

Be that- a preview post, four/five weekly shows, a PPV preview, the PPV itself, an aftermath post.

Or even just a small arc of

One or two "TV shows" and your main PPV.

Whatever suits.

5 Posts Max
    Do we need a draft discussion thread just yet folks or are we happy to wait another day or two...?

5 Posts Max
    Tinkering with a few ideas about talent I'm after this year. So many fall into the "will I hold out one round longer" category.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Tinkering with a few ideas about talent I'm after this year. So many fall into the "will I hold out one round longer" category.

Here is my advice.

Don't.

Draft trend is for people to go earlier because of storyline rather than name value.

5 Posts Max
    I won't. Really have to bite if you have half an inkling. Some serious names drop with the 20 picks of a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    BH, can you rename this thread 2018 Draft Discussion thread?

6 Posts Max
    Done.

rules remain the same this year apart from the 4 post maximum for each person in the evaluation thread?

Gotta say it's good to see Walt come back for the draft too, not the same without WECWF involved, think Beyond Chaos kinda took his place when he left

6 Posts Max
    Done.

rules remain the same this year apart from the 4 post maximum for each person in the evaluation thread?

Gotta say it's good to see Walt come back for the draft too, not the same without WECWF involved, think Beyond Chaos kinda took his place when he left

pre 1970 rule is gone

Womens title and its lineage is now considered a world title.

Yeah I loved his early stuff in drafts before my time, I loved his Brock v Piper feud one year.

Ive just kept his place warm for him :)

6 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    pre 1970 rule is gone

Womens title and its lineage is now considered a world title.

Yeah I loved his early stuff in drafts before my time, I loved his Brock v Piper feud one year.

Ive just kept his place warm for him :)

Not sure how I missed those 2, means I was on the ball in terms of what I was planning on doing while awaiting your return though as I Was going to abolish the 70s rule, make a 4 show limit (inc fed intro or whatever). I was also going to say any multiple time womens champ was illegible to be drafted as part of a team. These were all just off my reading of what folks said on here previously so I think you have it all anyway.

I'm curious now to see how highly people will rate older picks, how long will legends of wrestling last etc

I reckon there will be loads of wrestler drafted for the first time this year and many others earlier than ever before

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Quick question how does the 4 show limit work?

Is it 3 shows and a ppv and that's it?

Or how I'd try to use it as an 1 establish fed, 2 ppv build up/feud outlines, 3 PPV, 4 A ramifications for the future post

6 Posts Max
    Quick question how does the 4 show limit work?

Is it 3 shows and a ppv and that's it?

Or how I'd try to use it as an 1 establish fed, 2 ppv build up/feud outlines, 3 PPV, 4 A ramifications for the future post

The way Joe outlined it it seems its

1) outline your Fed - Give background etc
    2) Your Build to your PPV
    3 & 4) Your PPV. This is the most important thing and you have been afforded the option of 2 posts to display this should you need due to img limits etc

5 Posts Max
    Thank you. Just wanted it clear in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Done.

Thanks BH happy to be back for this, my Pro Wrestling knowledge ain’t quite what it used to be, so hopefully this will help jog it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Great to see you back Joe, and as mentioned in Sign Up Thread, hope the child recovers shortly. Nieces and nephews of mine got a dose over the Xmas too, and by all accounts, wasnt pretty!

Looking forward to the draft - the experience was most enjoyable last year! Have no ideas in mind, unsure if I'll go wit a blank canvas and start again, or reform the DPW! Havent long left to decide though!

I would encourage anyone looking in to give it a go - still 2 spots available!

5 Posts Max
    So excited that picks are starting tomorrow :D

tenor.gif?itemid=7692057

5 Posts Max
    So..... 1 hour and 9 mins to go hopefully...

Who's hoping for a high pick :P

I wonder what the theme, stips, all of it is gonna be like.

Did I mention I was excited :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    The shock when Enzo Amore is drafted number one! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    On the write-ups... I have an idea in mind and it doesn't fall strictly into the format outlined previously. It will be more like 3 episodes plus a season finale (ppv). Hope that's Ok? The first episode (season premiere) would work as an introduction to my fed anyway.

6 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    On the write-ups... I have an idea in mind and it doesn't fall strictly into the format outlined previously. It will be more like 3 episodes plus a season finale (ppv). Hope that's Ok? The first episode (season premiere) would work as an introduction to my fed anyway.

Id be probably against 3 episodes plus a ppv. But by all means explain in more detail what you mean exactly so we can discuss the ins and outs of your idea.

I think limiting the write ups to 3 Max (Outline/history, Build up post and ppv post) is just the right balance to encourage more from people as it makes it less daunting. Doing any more like you propose may give you an advantage ove rothers and make it more daunting for other players who would feel the need to keep up with you just to compete with you.

That being said I dont wanna take the fun out of it for an experienced and active player (not too mention creator in your case).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    As someone put off by the writing I wouldn't have an issue with anyone posting 4 shows regardless of type.

I think a four post max would be fair regardless of what someone does in the 4. When 4 turns into 7 it is where it gets messy (Intro, 4 shows, two part PPV).

5 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    As someone put off by the writing I wouldn't have an issue with anyone posting 4 shows regardless of type.

I think a four post max would be fair regardless of what someone does in the 4. When 4 turns into 7 it is where it gets messy (Intro, 4 shows, two part PPV).

Yeah tend to agree with this. Four post max, do what you want within the four is a decent compromise?

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah tend to agree with this. Four post max, do what you want within the four is a decent compromise?

Im also happy with 4 (as you know Im more of an 8 post kinda guy). Would you be saying a 4 post max regardless of whats posted. Like its up to the player how to use their 4 posts?

If thats the concensus then so be it. Id love to hear from others as I dont want to put people off. I personally felt 3 was a nice limit (4post max seeing as a ppv could be split in 2.)

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im also happy with 4 (as you know Im more of an 8 post kinda guy). Would you be saying a 4 post max regardless of whats posted. Like its up to the player how to use their 4 posts?

If thats the concensus then so be it. Id love to hear from others as I dont want to put people off. I personally felt 3 was a nice limit (4post max seeing as a ppv could be split in 2.)

Yeah, I'd have no problem what someone posted within the 4 post limit tbh. (I'm also an 8/10 post guy :P )

If they want to do 3 episodes and put a PPV in a post I'd be cool with that tbh...

Advertisement