Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

About 1-2 inches in Athlone. Pretty mucky stuff TBH...sort of a snow “crust” with puddles of icy slushy underneath. I’d say it would be fairly treacherous on the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

24993413_1513873348700202_3526148350286550241_n.jpg?oh=9780b7c958ddce01188b1c0e40e99e69&oe=5ABD6073

Durrow, south Laois at 8.25am this morning.

Official 5cm report going into Met Eireann from the obs station to the east of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Snowing pretty heavy in New Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Impassable I'd imagine

I wouldn’t be going near it to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Sticking quite well here, starting to get over my walking boots in places. We have 2 inches of rain all over, even on the mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

What's the best way to see how the Tuam-Limerick motorway (M18 I think) is for ice/snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Grey skies & nothing but rain in Tipperary town for the last few hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Nothing but lashing rain all night in Swords and still chucking it down now .... very jealous. Not a white flake in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

The rain is turning to sleet in Enniscorthy,baby steps after a night of rain with some heavy spells. Only a few miles away there's snow falling,the Mount Leinster effect.

6 miles from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Damn you and damn benbulben. Not a flake past Sligo town. Coming to your house for Sunday lunch and to look out at snow. Please confirm your Eircode.

.......but I have the cold, that's why I was up at 5.30 sniffling & sneezing......but your welcome!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's the best way to see how the Tuam-Limerick motorway (M18 I think) is for ice/snow?

I'll let you know in 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

South Dublin
    Pouring rain and it's cold but not cold enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Current synop weather at 9 am.

435792.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Impassable I'd imagine
    Got a text from WCC.

SALLY GAP Wicklow County Council wishes to advise that the SALLY GAP and approach roads are impassable.

Please, anybody thinking of going up there for the craic, spare a thought for the people, some volunteers, who will have to give up their Sunday to come and rescue you if you mess it up, and don't go up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Great craic down here in Carlow. Kids having great fun. So are the adults!

Merry Christmas everyone!

5dp3pg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

dublincelt wrote: »

5dp3pg.jpg

So much fun you seem to have fallen over unnoticed

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Steady snowfall since around 5.30am here in south east Carlow (near Mt. Leinster). A signicant accumulation already has built up. Roof of the car has 4 inches current depth of untouched snow. Snow has turned heavier in the last 30 minutes. Kids out having great fun!

Enjoy and stay safe if out and about. Roads have a lot of surface water and ice in places under the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Very light snow just begun in Limerick City @ 09.40
    2c. and dropping.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

gotta make a journey to Clara, County Offaly. Absolutely no snow or even sleet here in Meath, just a horrible wet dark morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Comhra wrote: »
    Very light snow just begun in Limerick City @ 09.40
    2c. and dropping.

I am 50 minutes from there in north cork and it's 6 degrees. Amazing the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Snow finally starting to ease off in West Roscommon... been snowing nonstop sInce midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Where in north Tipp. I'm outside Roscrea and haven't got much.

Coolbawn - 10 miles north of Nenagh, beside Lough Derg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Just started now in Raheen Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭914

Snowing in Waterford City for the past 40minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

dublincelt wrote: »

5dp3pg.jpg

-5c here in SE Glasgow but no snow

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

How high above sea level are you? :eek:

Just 55M - more to do with the photo taken with a long lens (200mm for anyone interested) - compresses the falling snow. Complete blanket across all the fields in this area,. Magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Pete2k wrote: »
    Snow finally starting to ease off in West Roscommon... been snowing nonstop sInce midnight

Still snowing outside Athlone, about 7/8cm of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

About 5cm so far. Still coming down. North of Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

From the verge in an overturned car, sadly. Don't travel unless absolutely necessary.

Advertisement