Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Ireland west airport twitter
    Due to heavy snowfall overnight we expect possible delays and disruption to today's flight schedule. we advise passengers to contact their airline for the most up to date information about their flight. Our operational teams have been working through the night but with over 6 inches of snow falling conditions remain very challenging. if travelling to the airport take care as road conditions to the airport are treacherous this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

I hear rain against the window here in Kildare. Don’t even want to look out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Still snowing here in Portlaoise Its 1 degree and dew point of minus 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Knock (206 m) steady at 13 cm lying snow at 9 am.

What are people's accumulations at lower levels (<150 m). Did we get the 4-8 cm range yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Proper big flakes now in Waterford City. Not sticking though, just too wet after all the rain.
    Live stream here

https://youtu.be/00paoKnAM90

Only took 30mm of rain first :)
    Wouldn't mind the wet ground, If it could drop another 1 degree it would stick regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Knock (206 m) steady at 13 cm lying snow at 9 am.

What are people's accumulations at lower levels (<150 m). Did we get the 4-8 cm range yet?

About 5cm in my location, 90m ASL.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Still snowing in South Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Anyone know what conditions are like around Glencullen this morning? Raining and 2.5c here in D14, some ice in the rain at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Absolutely pegging snow here in North Kilkenny. Beautiful sight to behold. We're off to see Santa locally tonight hopefully it won't be cancelled with snow and lights in the dark it'll be magical for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

214m Asl glencree co wicklow Snow line starts just below our house. We can see green fields Below. Currently 1.4 degrees and snowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

aurora 527 wrote: »
    200motels wrote: »
    Where in Waterford as where I am it’s just rain.

On old tramore road..turning more to wet snow now ..where abouts are you? Temp 1.5c now
    In the City, it’s still rain and now the odd flake of sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Not sure if the pic will work. A fair bit of snow but there's a damp element to it. Not the powdery snow we all prefer! Dublin 16 260m
    IMG_3069_zpsakh6dbwl.jpg

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what conditions are like around Glencullen this morning? Raining and 2.5c here in D14, some ice in the rain at times.

My wife's friend is 5 minutes up from the DSPCA and has snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

South Roscommon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Carlow town, a few minutes ago and still snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The gap would be interesting today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Still snowing in Galway city, just about to go out for a walk in it.

Well done ME, nailed it.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The gap would be interesting today!

Impassable I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Bad we had heavy snow

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

And snow it continues here in North Tipp - amazing scenes, not witnessed for quite some time.

cnhAlm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

Coming down hard in Carlow too. Couple of cms lying on the ground

michaelm wrote: »
    And snow it continues here in North Tipp - amazing scenes, not witnessed for quite some time.

hDtzYe.jpg

cnhAlm.jpg

How high above sea level are you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

South kildare
    currently snowing as I drive back home from Portarlington.
    Snow getting less and less as I head into Co. Kildare. Some part of Laois got a nice bit of a covering while only a mile or two up the reload nothing.
    A lot of surface water about so be careful.
    Temp is 1° And if we get the big freeze they are predicting the roads won’t be much fun later or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Great craic here in Carlow! Kids having great fun. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

How high above sea level are you? :eek:

Just as well they added tipp to the warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The rain is turning to sleet in Enniscorthy,baby steps after a night of rain with some heavy spells. Only a few miles away there's snow falling,the Mount Leinster effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

michaelm wrote: »

hDtzYe.jpg

cnhAlm.jpg
    Where in north Tipp. I'm outside Roscrea and haven't got much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

West Roscommon.. about to try drive back to bray.. fun fun fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Great craic here in Carlow! Kids having great fun. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

It was the same in here (South kilkenny) very wet but the snow is starting to stick. Place is very white in the space of a few hours.

Advertisement