Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Won’t Premiere Until 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

dusty bin wrote: »
    I thought Joffrey and Tywin were buried in the great sept that Cersei blew to kingdom come. How about littlefinger comes back to life as he's probably buried up there. I wouldnt mind seeing him die twice.

Oh, just thought of someone worse who Arya has never dealt with but is possibly buried near Winterfell. RAMSEY.

Wasn't he eaten by his own dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

juke wrote: »
    Wasn't he eaten by his own dogs?

True, but how bad is the corpse. We've seen walking bones a lot during the last few seasons.

Although you are right. The dogs ate his face initially so probably wouldnt be clear looking ramsey zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not a hope in hell Ramsey or Littlefinger are buried anywhere near Winterfell.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

087brain21 wrote: »
    hopefully they will be better than the spin off of breaking bad

Better call saul was terrible

wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Plus, wouldn't Jon have warned his "sisters" to burn any dead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

The most recent corpse into Winterfells crypt is little Rickon.

Would it horrify Arya to that extent to see her dead baby brother coming for her? He looks very different to the last time she saw him (besides being dead I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

As long as the 2 dragons survive to the end I’ll be happy.

I cannot take another dragon death again this season lol.

This is what I’m most hyped for atm not hyped for avengers or much else atm

biggebruv wrote: »

Oh my sweet summer child.

Kiith wrote: »

Cersei seemed quite happy in both shots...the bitch :P

I don't agree. She looks happy in the first one, where her maester looks concerned in the background, as if he thinks she may have gone a step too far...?

The second shot, where she's drinking, she seems sad, wistful, like she knows it's going to end for her.

I know she's a 'bad guy', but I enjoy her complex character - she seems to me to be a frightened little girl, putting on the appearance of a woman in control and doing anything she can to 'protect her family'.

The second shot, where she's drinking, she seems sad, wistful, like she knows it's going to end for her.

Difficult to determine - it could be a "Im going to order Jaimes death" face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I don't agree. She looks happy in the first one, where her maester looks concerned in the background, as if he thinks she may have gone a step too far...?

Or she gets Qyburn to make her undead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd recommend this video if anyone has time, another great bit of analysis from this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭DvB

biggebruv wrote: »

I cannot take another dragon death again this season lol.

This is what I’m most hyped for atm not hyped for avengers or much else atm

I suspect all the dragons will be dead by the end. And the threat of the white walkers will be gone forever, leaving the world controlled by man going forward.

As to who is king/queen, thats anyones guess. I suspect Jon & Dany will die, as will Jaime & Cersai, wouldnt be surprised at all if Sansa or Arya are the last ones standing. Either way its gonna be a whole lot of fun finding out!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anybody know if the 6 episodes are running week after week like theres isnt a break for an American holiday or something?,i want to make sure im off work for all of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Anybody know if the 6 episodes are running week after week like theres isnt a break for an American holiday or something?,i want to make sure im off work for all of them..

According to Wikipedia it should be an uninterrupted run.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don’t ever remember it not being on a continuous run.

Don’t ever remember it not being on a continuous run.

I remember some seasons had a break in between for an American holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

DvB wrote: »
    I suspect all the dragons will be dead by the end. And the threat of the white walkers will be gone forever, leaving the world controlled by man going forward.

As to who is king/queen, thats anyones guess. I suspect Jon & Dany will die, as will Jaime & Cersai, wouldnt be surprised at all if Sansa or Arya are the last ones standing. Either way its gonna be a whole lot of fun finding out!

From years back I thought a joint Arya/Gendry monarchy would have been nice.

If Cat is in the crypts and ends up being reanimated as a brain dead wight to terrorise Arya I'm not sure how I'd feel about that teasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hi can anyone recommend or share a link to some extended highlights or a decent recap of all previous seasons as my memory is terrible and I spend half of each new episode trying to remember who’s who! Ideally would love an hour or twos worth for each season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I have a theory about the Arya running scene that I haven't seen before.

What if the Golden Company are sent directly to Winterfell by Cersei, It is they who fight the battle not the Army of the Dead.

Arya's injuries are from this battle and once the fight is over she goes to a field hospital to get patched up. Some of the patients are not so lucky and have died.

With the battle over the Army of the Dead arrive on the scene. If you look at the frames with the horse legs you can see that Winterfell already seems to be on fire.

The Night King raises the dead, including those in the hospital, causing Arya to run in fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

There was definitely a break in previous seasons before for various reasons.

This year though its 6 weeks straight and if you watch it live (in the early hours of a monday morning) then two of those nights have bank holidays the next day.

dusty bin wrote: »
    There was definitely a break in previous seasons before for various reasons.

This year though its 6 weeks straight and if you watch it live (in the early hours of a monday morning) then two of those nights have bank holidays the next day.

I'll be watching it on Sky Atlantic at 2am assuming they are showing at that time like previous seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Nahh I can’t watch at 2 am I need to watch this on my projector with 5.1 surround blaring It’s gonna be awesome will watch around 6pm the next day it’s just gonna be hard to stay of the internet for every Monday for 6weeks lol.

And I really really hope they don’t leak any eps again it was torture caving in and watching the lower quality rips I instantly regretted it plus it didn’t help they were the most action packed of the season lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

HBO have put out the official run time for all six episodes in season 8 along with their air dates.

Here they are:

Season 8, episode 1
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

HBO have put out the official run time for all six episodes in season 8 along with their air dates.

Here they are:

Season 8, episode 1
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Season 8, episode 6
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Is the run time not including adverts time and intro times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is the run time not including adverts time and intro times?

I wouldn’t say so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No adverts on HBO?

Emilia Clarke reportedly suffered two strokes and had barely recovered for shooting season 2. Initially couldn't even remember her name post surgery so no wonder her scenes in season 2 seemed poor.

We obviously couldn't have known but still, makes me feel like crap for my criticism of her in that season. Fair play to her for keeping that quiet for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

They don't have ads on HBO so runtimes are from credit start to credit finish non stop.

Advertisement