Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Won’t Premiere Until 2019

Options
  • 07-12-2017 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,333 ✭✭✭✭

Sophie Turner Reveals ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Won’t Premiere Until 2019
    Sophie Turner has confirmed our worst fear: “Game of Thrones” Season 8 won’t premiere until 2019. The actress behind Sansa Stark revealed to Variety that HBO’s Emmy-winning fantasy epic will skip 2018 and debut its six-episode final season sometime in 2019. HBO has not confirmed a release date for Season 8, but the show was widely expected to return in either 2019 or late 2018 considering production on the show will last through summer 2018.

“Game of Thrones” creators David Benioff and Dan Weiss previously told Entertainment Weekly they were planning to spend at least a year and a half making the final season, which made the 2019 launch date all but certain given that production kicked off in October of this year. HBO has already revealed that Miguel Sapochnik and David Nutter will be returning to the series to direct the final episodes along with Benioff and Weiss. Each episode is rumored to be feature-length.

The 2019 premiere date actually works to HBO’s advantage when it comes to awards. Season 7 missed the Emmys deadline this year, which means the latest batch of episodes will be contending for awards at the 2018 Emmys next fall. With the final season reportedly set for a 2019 debut, HBO will have two more years to conquer the Emmys with “Game of Thrones.”

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/game-of-thrones-season8-release-date-sophie-turner-1201904782/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I thought this was well known for quite a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It doesn't work to our advantage. The longest wait yet for the shortest season yet. That's pretty unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

To be honest id rather they take there time with with it and do ot justice. Im disappointed ive to wait longer but I just hope its worth the wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'll surely have the books finished by then.

Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It doesn't work to our advantage. The longest wait yet for the shortest season yet. That's pretty unbalanced.

Welcome to the world of the reader....... :)

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    To be honest id rather they take there time with with it and do ot justice. Im disappointed ive to wait longer but I just hope its worth the wait

Welcome to the world of the FRUSTRATED reader..... :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll surely have the books finished by then.

Maybe not.

Gives GRRM an extra 1% chance to get the next book published before the last season of the show. It now stands at an overall chance of 1%. The last book might be out in 10 years time. It's a bit of a stretch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Surely it’s gonna premiere in April 2019 that’s always been GOTs starting month if so we just a year away now yay lol

Think they are finished filming in August that gives a good 7-8 months post production time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just saw something on Facebook that said each episode will be 2 hours long for the final season but I can't find the dang post again.

Just saw something on Facebook that said each episode will be 2 hours long for the final season but I can't find the dang post again.

Facebook never a good source

I reckon 90 mins for most eps with the final being 2hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

I seen that as but it was just a photo on a fan page but with no actual source for it. So not going to trust that.

Soooo Filming has wraped that leaves July to March for post production 9 months surely an April start is a sure thing cannot wait hope they confirm something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hopefully they go mid February to early March. NFL finishes February 3rd which would be their main competition on Sunday nights.

Sfx producer has basically come out and let slip the final season won't air till at least summer so that April start is out of the question now I guess late july like season 7 will be the release date if that's true Summer 2019 is gonna be awesome for me so many epic stuff to look forward too

Stranger things 3
    Game of thrones
    Infinity war part 2
    Toy story 4
    Last of us 2 (fingers crossed but first launched in the summer so im hopeful lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 60,333 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can't see the Twitter video in link above for some reason.

Youtube of it here.

Sweet Jesus yes at least it’s confirmed now no more limbo lol.

Next year gonna be great
    game of thrones
    stranger things 3
    Breaking bad movie
    Walking dead movie

• Registered Users Posts: 60,333 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Strangely enough the new teaser trailer is really flying under the social media radar. It's been massively overshadowed by some other trailers and it doesn't appear to have done much to increase the hype.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Strangely enough the new teaser trailer is really flying under the social media radar. It's been massively overshadowed by some other trailers and it doesn't appear to have done much to increase the hype.
    It honestly adds nothing though; ooh the south with fire god vs. the north with ice walkers are going to fight in the last season; who'd have thought so after they broke through the wall...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Are there maybe any (not so) subtle pointers towards storyline in it though? The Wolf & the Dragon are both frozen by the ice, whilst the Lion is leading the flames from the south. Lannisters, the heroes?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Are there maybe any (not so) subtle pointers towards storyline in it though? The Wolf & the Dragon are both frozen by the ice, whilst the Lion is leading the flames from the south. Lannisters, the heroes?
    That would be an EPIC twist.

No chance it'll happen but maybe it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

No sign of a proper trailer yet? They're really keeping things tight. I suppose this one season of a tv show that doesn't need the hype machine to be stoked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sleepy wrote: »

No chance it'll happen...

How could you possibly know that?

Nody wrote: »
    It honestly adds nothing though; ooh the south with fire god vs. the north with ice walkers are going to fight in the last season; who'd have thought so after they broke through the wall...

You'd almost think the series of books was called "A Song of Ice and Fire".....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

looking back we only got a sneak peak of Season 6 in Mid February and a proper trailer in March.

looking back we only got a sneak peak of Season 6 in Mid February and a proper trailer in March.

I’m gonna do my hardest to avoid trailers anyways lol I’ve waited this long what’s another 3 months lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

biggebruv wrote: »
    I’m gonna do my hardest to avoid trailers anyways lol I’ve waited this long what’s another 3 months lol
    You better remain logged of from Facebook, twitter etc. as well because you know it will pop up discussions will happen just about everywhere and I don't even want to think about the season finale episode and the amount of bitching there will be going around due to the amount of people reading spoilers unintended :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nody wrote: »
    You better remain logged of from Facebook, twitter etc. as well

And avoid the Daily Express website like the plague.:eek:

Advertisement