Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Won’t Premiere Until 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How could you possibly know that?
    It is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭paulbok

Will have to book May 20th off for the finale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I wasnt that impressed by the teaser trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

....... wrote: »
    I wasnt that impressed by the teaser trailer.

Yeah those statues looked nothing like the characters:P

• Advertisement

Yeah those statues looked nothing like the characters:P

The ice cloud came, Jon drew Longclaw, Arya drew Needle - Sansa just stood there.

Although I did like the nod to season 1 with the feather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I liked the teaser if fact I would love if they reveale nothing and just showed little teasers like this for each episode something that’s just made as a teaser instead of episode footage. It will be much better viewing that way imo.

Anyone that’s gonna watch is gonna watch now at this point so what’s the point in spoiling the good stuff.

Bring on April 14 can’t believe it’s finally here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

biggebruv wrote: »
    I liked the teaser if fact I would love if they reveale nothing and just showed little teasers like this for each episode something that’s just made as a teaser instead of episode footage. It will be much better viewing that way imo.

Anyone that’s gonna watch is gonna watch now at this point so what’s the point in spoiling the good stuff.

Bring on April 14 can’t believe it’s finally here

Most of the internet seems to think it reveals quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

The ice cloud came, Jon drew Longclaw, Arya drew Needle - Sansa just stood there.

She drew Jon and Arya.

Daith wrote: »
    She drew Jon and Arya.

And recited in her mind some spiel about 'lone wolves'...

What do the statues mean anyway? That their doom is foretold or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Although I did like the nod to season 1 with the feather.

Sansa has never drawn a weapon whilst becoming Queen of the North, her strengths lie in politics although not sure how the Others are open to negotiation

And recited in her mind some spiel about 'lone wolves'...

I wouldn’t read too much into it there gonna tease people about a lot of stuff to throw people off so they won’t know for sure what’s gonna happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

They get sent back in time by Bran with hilarious results.

Wonder if we will get a full blown trailer at Super Bowl tonight hbo done a trailer for west world 2 at Super Bowl.

I can’t belive its so close I love how they are keeping everything close to there chest for this last season.

Exactly 10 weeks today till it starts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

biggebruv wrote: »
    Wonder if we will get a full blown trailer at Super Bowl tonight hbo done a trailer for west world 2 at Super Bowl.
    If I was them I'd not waste the money; they can put the trailer on Youtube and twitter it out and save themselves 50 million+ and get the same or higher viewing numbers. Unlike many other shows GoT on final season don't need to spend money on letting people know it's coming...

Nody wrote: »
    If I was them I'd not waste the money; they can put the trailer on Youtube and twitter it out and save themselves 50 million+ and get the same or higher viewing numbers. Unlike many other shows GoT on final season don't need to spend money on letting people know it's coming...

Makes sense I suppose I guess no trailer tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm still watching halftime on Gamepass rather than BBC (where I'll be watching the game) to see the ads. They don't need a trailer here, but it deserves one

I'm still watching halftime on Gamepass rather than BBC (where I'll be watching the game) to see the ads. They don't need a trailer here, but it deserves one

Reckon there will be one, another teaser I'd guess.
    Also expect trailers from Marvel and Star wars so looking forward to watching them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Started Season One again last night in preparation for the new season!

paulbok wrote: »
    Reckon there will be one, another teaser I'd guess.
    Also expect trailers from Marvel and Star wars so looking forward to watching them tomorrow.

So, just a non-story related ad, tie in with Budweiser with the mountain and a dragon.

• Advertisement

Another few seconds of season 8 footage in a promo for upcoming HBO shows. Basically Arya gazing in wonder at a dragon.:rolleyes:

Another few seconds of season 8 footage in a promo for upcoming HBO shows. Basically Arya gazing in wonder at a dragon.:rolleyes:

Looks like she is delighted at the sight of it.

First two episodes around 60 mins, the rest 90

I suppose the rationale for only releasing these fleeting glimpses of season 8 in the middle of compilation promos for various HBO shows could be that GoT fans would exposed to those other shows and one in a thousand might be tempted to check one out...

Imo the less shown the better. Cannot wait not long now just 5 weeks once we hit Monday woo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Goosebumps

I'll miss it when its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

the last bit of the legs of the dead horse more than likely carrying a white walker got me all tingly

Im looking forward to that war more than the war between humans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Nice! Official trailer is out and 1 month to go! Will be sad when everyone dies! :L :L i kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Goosebumps

I'll miss it when its gone

don't worry, there'll be about 50 prequels. HBO will milk the teat of the cash cow for all it's worth.

Advertisement