Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get checked for sexually transmitted infections?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Probably check for slow arsenic poisoning too.

Mercury too. They seemed to practically put mercury on their chips back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

No.

In order to get one of those you need to be having sex

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Had VD once :o

Had to go to the Clinic, but was Poxed to get a parking space right outside :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Probably check for slow arsenic poisoning too.

The only way they'd catch her in Victorian times is if she stood over me while I exclaimed "I have been most cruelly done to death"

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I've been with the same man since I was 19. Had never been with anyone before him. If I was to find myself single and dating again I would test regularly.

My health is my responsibility. I wouldn't avoid getting an annual health check and hope for the best so doing so with my sexual health wouldn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    I don't bother anymore, as most of the STDs I've picked up over the years - you can only be infected by once.

And what about passing on diseases to others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I’ve been checked twice before.. as recent as last week. First time I was convinced I had caught something, turned out I was clean as a whistle. People underestimate how sneaky these infections can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Don't sleep around, don't need one.

Much higher priorities I should be getting done at the doctors :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Yeah, I wouldn't want to sleep with any of you lot who think you're in a force field just because you only have sex with one person (or so you say) who only has sex with you (you hope).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Speedwell wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to sleep with any of you lot who think you're in a force field just because you only have sex with one person (or so you say) who only has sex with you (you hope).

That seems kind of moot :D

• Advertisement

That seems kind of moot :D

"Seems" is the operative word. If someone says they're faithful to their partner but is willing to make a special exception for me, I assume (often rightfully) that it's "special" in the sense of a restaurant menu "daily special".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Haven't been in years as there's no need - my hoor-mongering days are behind me (unfortunately;)) can't imagine I ever will need to be again, but in the past I have been tested a couple of times. I wouldn't be embarrassed about it in any way, I don't really see why anyone would be.

I also don't get these yearly check ups?

I go to the doctor when there's a real chance I won't make it to tomorrow without medical intervention - or after every dozen ladies of questionable virtue, whichever comes first:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I got one in the summer and got the all clear thankfully. It's strange having a man Doctor fondling one's bollocks, but at least I didn't get any unwanted erections. That would just be awkward. He was checking for lumps he said. Also very camp. I hear him on the radio now doing ads for something, nice guy.
    You used to have to get swabbed, where they would put something into your penis, they did that to me in Melbourne, where the waiting room was myself and a bunch of hookers and queens, but now you just have to piss into a cup thingy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"Seems" is the operative word. If someone says they're faithful to their partner but is willing to make a special exception for me, I assume (often rightfully) that it's "special" in the sense of a restaurant menu "daily special".

Yeah but, you saying you wouldn't want to sleep with someone who professes to be faithful (and thereby uninterested in sleeping with you) is a bit pointless.

Yeah but, you saying you wouldn't want to sleep with someone who professes to be faithful (and thereby uninterested in sleeping with you) is a bit pointless.

Nah, you are not understanding me. I was referencing people who are "faithful BUT", and whose partner is "faithful when I'm watching".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I just sent off a urine and blood sample this morning. I got the home testing kit, fairly expensive but easier than going to a clinic or GP. This is my second time to get one. The last one I got was 4 years ago.

My first check up was a couple of years ago. Female doctor so thankfully no awkwardness... until I go into the room and there’s a medical student observing. “You don’t mind him do you?” I just let her crack on, didn’t want to make it even more uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Men only have to give urine and bloods- there's no sticking anything anywhere thank god!

Men only have to give urine and bloods- there's no sticking anything anywhere thank god!
    Unless you present with symptoms... then you get the umbrella treatment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I just sent off a urine and blood sample this morning. I got the home testing kit, fairly expensive but easier than going to a clinic or GP. This is my second time to get one. The last one I got was 4 years ago.

How did you take your own blood?
    Or was it a finger prick

• Advertisement

How did you take your own blood?
    Or was it a finger prick

Yeah I think its called a lancet. You just prick your little finger and then collect the blood in a small tube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Extract from one of my extensive dating site profiles
    Question: What would be your ideal third date?

a) dinner at overpriced restaurant
    b) bowling
    c) netflix and chill
    d) other

Answer: d) other

Explanation: My ideal third date would consist of a romantic walk on the beach followed by a visit to the local STD clinic, and then going home alone to listen to some Chet Baker records

Please note: mandatory blood tests will be administered upon receipt of your application

I'm just amazed at the idea of only ever having experienced sex with one person. I'd be extremely curious! :)

I'm just amazed at the idea of only ever having experienced sex with one person. I'd be extremely curious! :)

Not nearly as curious as you would if you only ever experienced sex with yourself.

Not nearly as curious as you would if you only ever experienced sex with yourself.

What's that like for you?

:pac:

Well, I have only experienced sex with seven people and I'm curious. My husband was a bit of a wild child and doesn't know his number exactly, and he's still curious. I don't think you ever stop being curious unless something traumatic has happened to you, or you're asexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

What I do is donate blood several times a year, and as long as they don't have me on some kind of banned donor list, I presume I'm fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Back in the days of 'Jimmy and the adventures of his penis' I got myself checked regularly, mad not to even though I was careful you just never know. I haven't been checked in years though, no need. Anybody with more than one partner would be irresponsible not to

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Well, I have only experienced sex with seven people and I'm curious. My husband was a but of a wild child and doesn't know his number exactly, and he's still curious. I don't think you ever stop being curious unless something traumatic has happened to you, or you're asexual.

The grass over there is always greener until you get there and realise that it's still just grass, and rather than going around looking for new fancy grass varieties some of which is a all dried up and some others being a bit mouldy, maybe it's best to grow your own grass with a trusted partner and nurture it and care for it, and add in your own flavours and spices to it so that it's the best grass you're ever going to smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

No. There's some active volcanoes that haven't blasted off in 100 years.

Advertisement