Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane McGowan 60th birthday tribute NCH Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Peter File wrote: »
    Try their phone booking option
    Just getting engaged tone. Was always going to be this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just getting engaged tone. Was always going to be this way.

reckon there were very little tickets on sale

PTH2009 wrote: »
    can't even get into the site for a number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

Yep, beep beep from the phone lines....wait...just got seat selection.

Grab us 1! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Well **** this anyway

Well **** this anyway

yeah mine didn't even load

They're gone. Page loaded. Says unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Was queueing at NCH, was about 6 or 7 people away from the kiosk when they announced it was sold out :(

• Advertisement

balls anyway but at least we still have the money

Absolute bollocks. Phone lines were down, website was down how could they have sold any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Tried to call them over 200 times. Redail button is hot red. No joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Had 4 tickets in row f in the basket, put in my card and pressed book. Website crashed and I can't get back on it since

budgemook wrote: »
    Was queueing at NCH, was about 6 or 7 people away from the kiosk when they announced it was sold out :(

What time did you start queueing if you don't mind me asking?

didnt even get as far as the ticket page

reckon a lot of tickets will go to guests/media etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

Had seats added to cart, got to a donation popup and donated a fiver, got an order number but I wasn't charged for any tickets. Dropped them a pleasant mail in the off chance they are reserved still as I took note of the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

I was logged in to the NCH site from 9. Got kicked out around 20 past 9, refreshed and got the You Are In A Queue message.

I kept the browsers open and it refreshed and could see the concert page around 20 to 10 and got logged in.
    From then on kept hitting F5 on the keyboard and just on 10 got the option to Book Tickets.

Was also trying on the phone and from 5 to 10 the phone was engaged.

Got 2 for the Yellow Balcony, looked like a lot of the seats were already gone even at that stage, the seating options were sparse so I guess you'd be right about a lot of the tickets being held for guests/media.

Counting myself very lucky and happy to have them. Was at the Philip Chevron tribute before he died and extremely glad I got to that, who know when we'll see the remaining members of The Pogues together again.

ooter wrote: »
    What time did you start queueing if you don't mind me asking?

9:30 is all. I only realised on the bus in that it wasn't a Ticketmaster thing.

budgemook wrote: »
    9:30 is all. I only realised on the bus in that it wasn't a Ticketmaster thing.

Raging now I didn't go in to queue, was going to head in about 8 o clock but I thought I'd have no chance of getting a ticket, thought there'd be loads queueing.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    Raging now I didn't go in to queue, was going to head in about 8 o clock but I thought I'd have no chance of getting a ticket, thought there'd be loads queueing.

I can't say for sure but I imagine you'd have gotten one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I went in to NCH also but left it too late to go in. Raging as I could have gone in earlier.

I suppose there is zero chance of another gig "for the fans" considering the uniqueness of it.

The fans got screwed today

I tried logging into my account on the NCH website at just after 9.20am and I kept getting the 'we're experiencing high demand' message and tried refreshing and still didnt get too log in so went to the event page and after a few tries the page came up and then at 10am it just keep refreshing and didn't appear until the dreaded sold out was added to it. I generally believe if it was run through TM i would of picked up tickets as the NCH system shat itself .

congrats too everyone who got lucky and you're in for one hell of a night. I got tickets too pearl jam in London next year dis morning so that put a smile back on my face

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

so this is on tomorrow night? I look forward to updates/reviews if anyone here is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

holly8 wrote: »
    so this is on tomorrow night? I look forward to updates/reviews if anyone here is going?

Same here! Also, if anyone can capture some of it on camera.....cough.... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Somehow - pure fluke, I got tickets over the phone on the day they went on sale. Really looking forward to it! Will post a review tomorrow. Long time Pogues fan, seen them in Town and Country, Kentish Town a few times years ago, seen them do a great gig 90-92? in Wembley Arena. A few times (at least once when Shane was gone) at the Fleadh in Finsbury Park, was also at a"Trip to Tipp" when they played (v badly)...

enjoy everyone going tonight

id say there may be bit of a sad feeling to it now with Dolores O Riordan passing away today

going to the Shawn Michaels thing in vicar street myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going to the Shawn Michaels thing in vicar street myself

Count how many times he says "y'know". I bet its over 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

BandMember wrote: »
    Same here! Also, if anyone can capture some of it on camera.....cough.... ;):D

Please God , I hope no idiot records it

Advertisement