Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane McGowan 60th birthday tribute NCH Dublin

Options
  • 06-12-2017 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭

https://nch.ie/Online/Perspectives-Shane-MacGowan-15Jan18

Perspectives: Shane MacGowan 60th Birthday Celebration
    Shane MacGowan, Nick Cave, Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream, Glen Hansard, Camille O'Sullivan, Johnny Depp, Cerys Matthews, Carl Barat of The Libertines, Lisa O'Neill, Finbar Furey, whenyoung, Glen Matlock of The Sex Pistols, Clem Burke of Blondie with Cáit O'Riordan, Spider Stacy, Jem Finer, Terry Woods of The Pogues and more artists on the evening...

Prices: €85, €80, €75, €65

Tickets on sale Friday, event on 15/01/2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont normally tend to go to these type of events but ill try and tickets to this one, very good lineup and love the pogues and shane mcgowen

how come Christy Moore is not on the list ???

where is the NCH

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PTH2009 wrote: »

where is the NCH

Earlsfort Terrace, near Leeson St corner of Stephen's Green.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dont normally tend to go to these type of events but ill try and tickets to this one, very good lineup and love the pogues and shane mcgowen

how come Christy Moore is not on the list ???

where is the NCH

National Concert Hall

doubtful I'll get tickets as I've heard 3/4 of the tickets go to NCH members. leaves not many for public sale

€85/€80/€75 is a lot but I'm sure it will be a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

doubtful I'll get tickets as I've heard 3/4 of the tickets go to NCH members. leaves not many for public sale

Fairly sure that's not true and even if it were, your average NCH member is not likely to go to this gig.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure that's not true and even if it were, your average NCH member is not likely to go to this gig.

hopefully ur right and there will be a good few tickets available 2morrow. It will sell out regardless

NCH.jpg
    is this the current seating plan ???

The Bord Gais would of been ideal for this too but prob not available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Laughable how many people posting here haven't the foggiest about the NCH - the seating plan is permanent, you can sign up for free to their website to buy tickets which have no charges unlike ticketb@stard and they have held a lot of fantastic concerts over the years, so hopefully Shane's birthday bash will indroduce new people to the wonderful facility that is the NCH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Laughable how many people posting here haven't the foggiest about the NCH - the seating plan is permanent, you can sign up for free to their website to buy tickets which have no charges unlike ticketb@stard and they have held a lot of fantastic concerts over the years, so hopefully Shane's birthday bash will indroduce new people to the wonderful facility that is the NCH

In fairness while it does have a lot of interesting non-classical gigs it might not be on everyone's radar compared to the usual venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, caught Yo La Tengo there a few years ago.

shows in the venue are not really advertised as much as shows in other major venues unless you follow them on social media etc

I prob would not have heard about this gig if it wasant for someone posting on the 2018 gig thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Balls, clashes with Mike Garson, Bowie tribute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

John Williams music was epic. Choir balcony just behind the orchestra. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

No priority tickets for Friends of the NCH so free for all in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Ironic that Shano's birthday will have an audience sitting on their hands dying for the bar. Good line up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Fuc*in Johnny Depp

where will the price brackets be

will the €85 be the front rows and the sides and €65 be the very top section ???

I'd imagine the €65 will be the top behind the stage so you will be looking at their backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

OnDraught wrote: »
    Ironic that Shano's birthday will have an audience sitting on their hands dying for the bar. Good line up though.

Can people not skip the bar for a few hours? The tickets will cost enough...

Pay €70 for a ticket and then miss parts of the show going to the bar as well as annoying the rest of the seated punters in your aisle trying to go in and out for booze and the jacks !

seachto7 wrote: »

and the line up is good too

Johnny Depp must be filming over here or the UK if hes on the line up (Possibly Fantastic Beasts 2 ???)

I wonder how much alcohol Shane McGowan had drank over his lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

bobsman wrote: »
    Balls, clashes with Mike Garson, Bowie tribute

A tribute act over a load of legends in an excellent venue. WTF

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

Pay €70 for a ticket and then miss parts of the show going to the bar as well as annoying the rest of the seated punters in your aisle trying to go in and out for booze and the jacks !

Yeah probably. Not the sort of gig to lend itself to a seated venue though. I can't imagine watching the last 8 or 9 Pogues songs with a fairly classic line up sitting on my hole in the NCH wishing I had a beer in hand and dancing around like a mad man. I'll miss it because I'm away anyway but having seen them a dozen times I'd imagine the staff there will have a pain in the ass dealing with the crowd.

I'm mainly sore I'm missing it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

OnDraught wrote: »
    Yeah probably. Not the sort of gig to lend itself to a seated venue though. I can't imagine watching the last 8 or 9 Pogues songs with a fairly classic line up sitting on my hole in the NCH wishing I had a beer in hand and dancing around like a mad man. I'll miss it because I'm away anyway but having seen them a dozen times I'd imagine the staff there will have a pain in the ass dealing with the crowd.

I'm mainly sore I'm missing it though.

Seated gig probably not best idea but can’t you dance around like a mad man anyway without the booze for a few hours? Or booze before/after? I don’t get why people make a big deal out of a bar/no bar ...

website is down atm and will likely crash when the sale starts

Is NCH website working for you?

Greg81 wrote: »
    Is NCH website working for you?

nope

cant log in

tickets are 4 per person :eek::eek::eek: and collect on the night