Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding Gay people

Options
  • 05-12-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

What do gay people think of other gay people who act all flamboyant, all camp, all Dick Emerey.

Are gay people embarrassed by this representation?

And what explains this behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Depends what Camp you're in really.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bobbyss wrote: »
    What do gay people think of other gay people who act all flamboyant, all camp, all Dick Emerey.

Are you embarrassed by meatheads who act all tough, smashing cans on their heads and arm wrestling other dudes?

What explains this behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Why would anyone, gay or straight have a problem with someone who acts flamboyant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

A fine group of lads, the gays.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The camp men are the receivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Why would anyone, gay or straight have a problem with someone who acts flamboyant?

Gay or not, overly flamboyant people are usually a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

BurnUp78 wrote: »

Because it's really annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The best thing to do is ask everyone of us. You will get thousands of different answers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

A fine group of lads, the gays.

I'd say it's a grand lifestyle. Sure the best craic (no pun intended) is with your mates.
    Bills can be split, dark humour x2, fights wouldn't be one sided and full of emotions.
    Granted the sex wouldn't be up my alley (Hey hoooo) but still... good on the lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What do other straight people think of all the other straight people? Speaking for myself, I don't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ive no idea.

But honey badgers are interesting. You should google them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

BurnUp78 wrote:

Because it makes gay people lack credibility and open to ridicule.

Ah come here what ****e is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The gay men I know are the same as everyone else you would not know they were gay unless they told you.

Its is probably a stereotype the media magnifies everything up anyway, because a story about a gay teacher who married his long term partner and lives a very ordinary life is not a very exiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Why not just accost a gay on the street. Have your driver pull over

'You - yes, you, the gay there - what make you of your flamboyant bretheren?'

What could go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm was wondering what women though of their husbands chanting at foodball matches.

Right ok. Next time I see a flamboyant straight person I will ridicule all straight people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

How? Take Trump, for example. He's a blistering idiot. Doesn't make me one simply because we share a sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

bear1 wrote:
    Ah come here what ****e is this?

You don't think that the Dick Emery characterisation of gays invites ridicule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wtf even is this thread

Only if Dick Emery, if one was inclined to ridicule.

Also, there's a historical context there that you are ignoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Only by a cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Have you ever met an actual person that flamboyant in real life? It's a caricature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Do camp men deserve to be ridiculed more than men who adopt an uber-masculine persona, acting all gruff and monosyllabic, dropping their voices by several octaves when they're talking to their mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Goin back a bit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Would you mind fooking off and leaving Dick Emerey out of it please. He was a raging heterosexual that shagged women till he died. Try Charles Hawtrey, Kenneth Williams etc. for your comparison.

Threads like this invite ridicule.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Understanding Gay People - an emotional six part documentary where Derek Mooney and Oliver Callan travel the length of Ireland in search of answers. Soundtrack by Brian Kennedy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement