Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding Gay people

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Why would anyone, gay or straight have a problem with someone who acts flamboyant?

What the OP knows already is that some gay men do not like being associated with or find camp men attractive.

However, straight men wont like a particular type of woman. I'm attracted to strong women and the stereotypical airhead would hold no attraction to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Fat Femme ad Asian

2 outta 3 aint bad, eh Kim Chi!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

He's definitely not 100 percent masculine, only about 81% He wouldn't make that video if he was 100%, someone should tell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

mariaalice wrote:
    Its is probably a stereotype the media magnifies everything up anyway, because a story about a gay teacher who married his long term partner and lives a very ordinary life is not a very exiting.

I think that may be well true. But when you think of a gay rights march it strikes a different tone to a trade union march for example. Which one would you say is more serious? Which one would have some of the marchers dress up in pink. And why? Aren't both marches demanding of serious consideration and worthy of respect?

sugarman wrote: »
    What I always wondered, and what I'd like to know is... where does the "accent" come from? ...and why do a lot of gays suddenly adopt one not long after coming out?

Have witnessed this in half a dozen mates over the years I would have known from childhood, who for years would speak have spoke as normal then all of sudden developed this soft, camp accent over night.

Suppose its akin to the "D4" accents, would have also had friends grow up with your average Dub accent then develop a full blown D4 accent once they started going to college.

From giving head ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The association of campness with being gay has largely robbed women of the joy that is a well turned out, camp man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

snowflaker wrote: »
    From giving head ;)

Do straight women have accents too?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

the soft pallets? I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Depends what Camp you're in really.

Camp David.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

bobbyss wrote: »
    I think that may be well true. But when you think of a gay rights march it strikes a different tone to a trade union march for example. Which one would you say is more serious? Which one would have some of the marchers dress up in pink. And why? Aren't both marches demanding of serious consideration and worthy of respect?

you might be over thinking this a bit, every tribe or group have their symbolism's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Only up to their wedding day :pac:

Fcuk the Haterz!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

sugarman wrote:
    What I always wondered, and what I'd like to know is... where does the "accent" come from? ...and why do a lot of gays suddenly adopt one not long after coming out?

sugarman wrote:
    Have witnessed this in half a dozen mates over the years I would have known from childhood, who for years would speak have spoke as normal then all of sudden developed this soft, camp accent over night.

sugarman wrote:
    Suppose its akin to the "D4" accents, would have also had friends grow up with your average Dub accent then develop a full blown D4 accent once they started going to college.

This is another aspect of being gay that is interesting. I do agree with you. The gay people that I know are quite gentle and lovely people. With soft gentle accents. And I think this is quite a universal aspect to being gay. You would identify a gay person (by and large) by tone and movement.

I don't understand where this softness comes from.

This is another aspect of being gay that is interesting. I do agree with you. The gay people that I know are quite gentle and lovely people. With soft gentle accents. And I think this is quite a universal aspect to being gay. You would identify a gay person (by and large) by tone and movement.

I don't understand where this softness comes from.

Semen softens the palette dear. (see earlier):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Most of the gays I know, speak English. A few occasionally, switch to Irish and I'm f****d. Cannot understand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I have two friends that are gay. One is a bit camp alright but not flamboyant, bit soft spoken and the other is like a soccer encylopedia who loves his pints. The only similarities between the two is they dress smart and are male.
    Al these flamboyant, bend the wrist, speak with a list are on the telly op, e.g. a stereotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What do gay people think of other gay people who act all flamboyant, all camp, all Dick Emerey.

Are gay people embarrassed by this representation?

And what explains this behaviour?

Dave-megadeth-34668987-182-232.gif

This is another aspect of being gay that is interesting. I do agree with you. The gay people that I know are quite gentle and lovely people. With soft gentle accents. And I think this is quite a universal aspect to being gay........

main-qimg-3682b3245e3515ae6d5ec10ef357c2b1-c

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If you think all gay boys are, soft and gentle, you've never met a few of them, on the rugby field.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

And I thought I had my crazy turned up a notch today :pac:

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

e4783afa52ebb226d6ba390efcb039ea--no-religion-atheist-humor.jpg

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

These threads make me worry about straight peoples thoughts....

These threads make me worry about straight peoples thoughts....

SOME straight peoples thoughts....

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

SOME straight peoples thoughts....

Apologies, didn’t mean to generalise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- This will probably be my last post as a mod of Ah. You'll see why in a minute.

OP, fück off with threads like this. It serves no other purpose than to denigrate a section of our community.

Op perma banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement