Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acid attack on Dublin woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

splinter65 wrote: »
    Doctors who presumably took the Hippocrates oath, possibly trained outside Iran preparing to blind someone with acid tells you all you need to know about medieval Iran .
    Place needs to be nuked.

And THEY'RE the savages? You find it barbaric to intentionally blind someone yet have no problem in immolating millions of people to death.

What a fcking hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

where is the religious element to this?

The rebel leader decided that the woman had deliberately fed them fish in the meal and the fish had broken the magic spell (angered the spirits that were protecting them etc). Voodoo, if you will. Not a religion per se ( could be argued though) but a “belief system” for millions none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,166 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The rebel leader decided that the woman had deliberately fed them fish in the meal and the fish had broken the magic spell (angered the spirits that were protecting them etc). Voodoo, if you will. Not a religion per se ( could be argued though) but a “belief system” for millions none the less.

yeah i dont think voodoo is quite what people are thinking of here when they refer to religion. any relevant examples?

Chrongen wrote: »
    And THEY'RE the savages? You find it barbaric to intentionally blind someone yet have no problem in immolating millions of people to death.

What a fcking hypocrite.

Removing the u from the abuse doesn’t make you any less abusive you know.
    This country stones rape victims to death.
    By order of court.
    Doctors who have lived abroad return and agree to all manner of barbarism on fellow citizens.
    We can do without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Jaysus, don't read that. That's just savage.We all need to feck off in space ships and nuke the planet from orbit.

• Advertisement

yeah i dont think voodoo is quite what people are thinking of here when they refer to religion. any relevant examples?

...er, yeah, voodoo is a belief system followed by millions.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo

...er, yeah, voodoo is a belief system followed by millions.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo

and completely irrelevant to this thread.

By order of court.
    Doctors who have lived abroad return and agree to all manner of barbarism on fellow citizens.
    We can do without them.

WE?

Have you been to the country? I have.
    Maybe you should go and find out a bit about the place before you spew out rubbish one would normally hear in a low-income bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

where is the religious element to this?

I think you should have a read up about voodoo before posting crap like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

emo72 wrote: »
    Jaysus, don't read that. That's just savage.We all need to feck off in space ships and nuke the planet from orbit.

Jesus christ!!! Your comment made me just curious enough to read it, im sorry i did. Heed his warning.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »

From the safety of their cosy Irish sitting rooms posters terribly keen on multiculturalism like to pretend that these things just don’t happen. It’s all lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

WE?

Maybe you should go and find out a bit about the place before you spew out rubbish one would normally hear in a low-income bar.

Are you saying that stuff doesnt happen?

That's not a religious court, that's a mob who are on the lunatic fringe.

Where/when has a court (religious or otherwise) handed down rape as a punishment?

The OP tried to hitch this allegation to the stoning for adultery that has occurred in Saudi Arabia and cynically tried to associate Islamic Law with the use of rape as a legitimate court mandate punishment. A shabby attempt to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

By order of court.
    We can do without them.

Stones, glass houses etc.,

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/12/symphysiotomy-irelands-brutal-alternative-to-caesareans

Couple of sample comments:

UO9qzXW.jpg

Should we be nuked too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Maybe not all of Sharia Law is a bad thing in cases such as this....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/03/iran-blind-acid-attack-woman-retribution-punishment/

Actually I am no fan of sharia law (as anyone who knows my posting history can testify) but in a way this is justice of sorts for someone who carried out such a heinous crime.
    In Ireland we can expect the perp to get 10 odd years in jail and if they admit their guilt and are half way good in prison they can be out in half that time.
    Meanwhile the poor victim has to live in sheer hell for the rest of their life.

And yes we do have a problem with immigrants carrying out some awful crimes especially on women.
    But that is nothing to do with this incident as far as we know.
    The victim is the immigrant, nobody knows where the assailant(s) are from.

And yes acid attacks on women is something that entered this part of the world from some certain parts of the world, but scumbags in this part of the world are often quite willing to adopt foreign practices.

Actually the more I think of the plight of this poor women the more I bloody agree with the Iranians.

From the safety of their cosy Irish sitting rooms posters terribly keen on multiculturalism like to pretend that these things just don’t happen. It’s all lies.

That's right folks, don't let any darkies in from the African continent or they'll all start forcing people to engage in public incest before beheading them.

Sure. No such thing as voodoo. Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Do people realize the main supsect now is another woman?.

The misandry loving folk with be furious.

Yeah, there were loads of them in here blaming all men for what happened. Oh wait...no, they weren't

and completely irrelevant to this thread.

Because I’ve shown it’s a religion it’s now irrelevant.

That's right folks, don't let any darkies in from the African continent or they'll all start forcing people to engage in public incest before beheading them.

My wife is multicultural, she's of Eastern European Jewish descent but also has some darkie blood in her.
    She's deadly with a machete.

• Advertisement

Sure. No such thing as voodoo. Fake news.

No I really do think you should read up on the history of voodoo.

WE?

Iran. A fantastic place to live as long as your not white a Christian a woman gay or disabled. Top class place.

Because I’ve shown it’s a religion it’s now irrelevant.

what relevance does voodoo have to this acid attack?

Are you seriously using the expression “darkies” in 2017.
    Are you Alf Garnett?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Iran. A fantastic place to live as long as your not white a Christian a woman gay or disabled. Top class place.

This I dont understand. We have to be tolerant of their intolerance. As a gay guy its in my best interest to be suspicious of Islam.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Are you saying that stuff doesnt happen?

There has been a moratorium on ALL stoning deaths in Iran since 2002. Prior to that there have been reports by Amnesty International and HRW that some executions by stoning have occurred in far-flung tribal areas though they couldn't provide any sources or evidence.
    It's akin to lynching being carried out in redneck parts of the US with the connivance of the local good 'old boy sherriff.

Stoning is more common in Saudi Arabia, The united Arab Emirates and Nigeria than in Iran. Perhaps those countries should be "nuked" first?

Are you seriously using the expression “darkies” in 2017.
    Are you Alf Garnett?

You're just clueless aren't you? Don't know why I bother responding to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rory28 wrote: »
    This I dont understand. We have to be tolerant of their intolerance. As a gay guy its in my best interest to be suspicious of Islam.

What has Islam got to do with this thread?

Women in Iran are amongst the most liberated in the entire region with the highest representation in university, outnumbering males.

You know what....fuck this. This discussion is about a woman who suffered an acid attack. I'm not going to be drawn into a blind argument about a society with someone who hasn't a clue what they're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: Get this thread on topic or it's gone, possibly with users too. Last warning.

Advertisement