Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acid attack on Dublin woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Im the last person to defend this culture you are talking about, but lets leave off on the speculation.
    Hope the poor girl recovers as best as she can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Disgusting, whoever did that should be put to death. Complete waste of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wish the lady full recovery and the scumbag get its day in court. (don't read this the wrong way ) but hopefully the attacker is known to the victim.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

A woman has been left with 'life-changing injuries" after she had acid poured over her face during a shocking assault in South County Dublin.

Link: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/woman-left-with-life-changing-injuries-after-acid-attack-in-south-dublin-36377168.html

What would motivate a person to inflict such horrific life changing injuries on a woman? Given the association of such attacks with a certain culture are we beginning to see the fruits of multiculturial Ireland?

The victim is Chinese so would be surprised if it was actually from the 'certain culture'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What would motivate a person to inflict such horrific life changing injuries on a woman? Given the association of such attacks with a certain culture are we beginning to see the fruits of multiculturial Ireland?

That didn't take long. Fair enough I thought maybe the first page, but first comment. That's swift and direct if nothing else.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    That didn't take long. Fair enough I thought maybe the first page, but first comment. That's swift and direct if nothing else.

Well its not a well known Irish culture though is it?:rolleyes:

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Well its not a well known Irish culture though is it?:rolleyes:

The only thing I hate worse than acid attacks are rolleyes.

The only thing I hate worse than acid attacks are rolleyes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Had it been a white on white acid attack, it would be a landmark moment for western culture. Asian on asian though, that's just a sign of what liberals like to call multiculturalism. Hopefully one that can be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dunno if there is a a more serious charge conviction for guns etc bit anyone caught doing this should get a similar penalty. Think they said is was a caustic substance, a low concentration of caustic if it hits the eyes will melt the lens, wouldn't even need to be strong enough to burn skin

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're a monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tenigate wrote: »
    Had it been a white on white acid attack, it would be a landmark moment for western culture. Asian on asian though, that's just a sign of what liberals like to call multiculturalism. Hopefully one that can be reversed.

Plenty of white perpetrated acid attacks in England.

Christ, they haven't even identified a suspect and you lot are banging on about "dem dirty foridners!"

You're a monster.

:rolleyes:

Plenty of white perpetrated acid attacks in England.

Christ, they haven't even identified a suspect and you lot are banging on about "dem dirty foridners!"

Well if its a white from England they would be a foreigner as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

These attacks are one of the most disgustingly depraved things you can do to another human. Absolutely deplorable scumbaggy behaviour.

How? We're all a part of the British Isles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MikeenRonanJr

Plenty of racists out of the traps early here......yet another excuse to attack the fact that Ireland has a bright, diverse and culturally exuberant future. We know nothing about the circumstances of this "attack", so some here would do well to keep their frothing rage for PoC contained.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm replying to someone talking about 'western culture', so no, in that case they wouldn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The problem with these foreigners is, they don't know what love is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Despicable thing to do to anyone. The perpetrators of crimes like this should be facing attempted murder.

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »
    The problem with these foreigners is, they don't know what love is.

And they always try to walk it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The level of forethought you have to put into something like this is astounding. You have to get the acid which I wouldn't have a clue how to go about, collect/transport it without injuring yourself and then wait for the right moment to carry out the assault. It's disgusting. Should be locked up for a very very long time

How? We're all a part of the British Isles.

Maybe you are, I'm from Ireland they from England

Maybe you are, I'm from Ireland they from England

:rolleyes:

:p

Plenty of racists out of the traps early here......yet another excuse to attack the fact that Ireland has a bright, diverse and culturally exuberant future. We know nothing about the circumstances of this "attack", so some here would do well to keep their frothing rage for PoC contained.

No we do not, unless you think the Irish people being a minority in our own country by 2050.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The level of forethought you have to put into something like this is astounding. You have to get the acid which I wouldn't have a clue how to go about, collect/transport it without injuring yourself and then wait for the right moment to carry out the assault. It's disgusting. Should be locked up for a very very long time

They carry it around in water bottles in London. Harder to be caught with than a knife & easier to discard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To be fair, obviously "acid attack" has cultural connotations but don't forget, we're in the midst of several extremely serious Dublin gang wars between some of the most dangerous criminals in Europe, so it could just as easily be related to that. With the way the Gardai have been cracking down on guns in Dublin lately, I wouldn't be surprised if these f*ckers were moving on to more inventive and easily accessible forms of weaponry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

They carry it around in water bottles in London. Harder to be caught with than a knife & easier to discard

the coppers should make them drink their own bottles

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

To be fair, obviously "acid attack" has cultural connotations but don't forget, we're in the midst of several extremely serious Dublin gang wars between some of the most dangerous criminals in Europe, so it could just as easily be related to that. With the way the Gardai have been cracking down on guns in Dublin lately, I wouldn't be surprised if these f*ckers were moving on to more inventive and easily accessible forms of weaponry.

Are we really saying this poor girl was involved in the kinahin/hutch feud?

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    the coppers should make them drink their own bottles

Yeah it would be the best outcome:D
    Unfortunately the liberals over there complained about the stop & search, only picking on certain groups. The thing is when its black kids killing black kids in poor areas theres no point searching white kids in wealthier areas

Advertisement