Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought we were friends

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Patww79 wrote: »
    In very small doses and not when you're on home turf.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I doubt anyone really cares. I just replied again because of Mr smarthole above making his little funny.

I wouldn't take it as a huge issue though.

Ah yeah, I don't care really.

Well, maybe a bit :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

storker wrote: »
    They're not taught about it in school. Actually I'm not sure what they're taught in school. When I worked in the UK I had a better knowledge of UK geography and history than most of my colleagues.

Here's the thing.if you don't know much about something you're meant to keep your mouth shut.english people claiming ignorance is a bit much seems as they're still quiet loud when voicing an opinion on Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

English peoples knowledge of Ireland is slim to none.

Correct and I've always found that expectation that it be otherwise a bit much.

I mean the Paddy on the street doesn't know who the Tolpuddle martyrs were or where Dorset is on a map. Nor should they for that matter.

I don't worry about egomaniac politicos or ****stirring journo opinions. I only care about the relationships between the average citizens. Right now, things between Ireland and UK are very good indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

topper75 wrote: »

I mean the Paddy on the street doesn't know who the Tolpuddle martyrs were or where Dorset is on a map. Nor should they for that matter.

I don't worry about egomaniac politicos or ****stirring journo opinions. I only care about the relationships between the average citizens. Right now, things between Ireland and UK are very good indeed.

Dorset is a county of less than a million people.far less significant that the U.K's only land border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

In the UK, the voters know best. They kick the politicians in the arse and the politicians scramble to do their bidding. Boris Johnson is trying to carry out the will of the British people, knowing that a kick in the arse awaits him if he does not deliver.

The people who write for The Sun are angry because Simon and Leo do not want to give Boris and Teresa what The Sun wants:
    So we have a stalemate with both sides agreeing that they had very constructive meetings, with nothing very constructive having been done.

Welcome to Borisland.

Boris Johnston was not and is not a politician. He has always been a politician by title but everyone always knew him to be nothing but a mascot to cheer people up and distract them from politics.

When Brexit occured, he was thrown into the political life and exposed as a fraud. He shat himself at the thought of going for the PM job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't think Arlene Foster wants to be our friend anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Any link to back up this statement or is it just bs?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

So it's just fantasy, and there was me thinking that Republicans wanted to embrace their Unionist brothers or is it to smother the life out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

topper75 wrote: »

The original name was Tolpiddle - it was changed for some reason.

Advertisement