Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-worker is a dirtbag

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Tampons up the nose is always the answer.

What was the question again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Burn the office down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I was hoping this would be a thread about office perverts :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

This thread is purely so he can see the thoughts of others. We've all told him, he's a certain kind of special but we love him like he was our own mistake.

Is he the boss? If he is I think you're kind of in trouble. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

You may need to challenge him to an office duel. Wheely chairs will be ruined. Staplers will be emptied. There will be chaos but should you win you get his fridge space as per the shared office agreement 2007.

You got this OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Steamed veg as a snack seems very healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

flaneur wrote: »
    I made myself a lovely cup of tea in an office I worked in and discovered stringy stuff in it.
    I gave the kettle a rinse out and tried again. This kept happening and we were looking into getting plumbers to investigate.

Eventually we discovered one of my colleagues was using it to boil eggs for their sandwiches !!!!!

Steve is that you ? :)

I got caught doing this once and nearly got battered,

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

uch wrote: »

You boiled your eggs in a kettle??

You disgusting animal. :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I work in a pretty small office - there's 5 of us in a 5 metre by 5 metre room. We have a small fridge in the room to keep water / lunch etc in to save us having to go up and down to the kitchen throughout the day.

My co-worker, who is obviously some sort of maniac, steams a huge batch of cauliflower on a Sunday night and then bags it up and brings it in with him on a Monday and leaves it in the fridge to eat throughout the week.

Now the smell on a Monday is pretty bad as it is but by the time it gets to Thursday or Friday it smells like an old wet football boot that's been stuck in a pig's a$$ for a few months. He opens the bag about four or five times a day and eats the cold cauliflower in front of us like this is somehow fuc.king normal.

There are some weeks he will change it up and swap his cauliflower for brussels sprouts.....this is not any more pleasant.

Does anyone in your office do anything ridiculous like this, how do you cope? I don't want to throw his food out, we all know what happened to Ross when someone ate Monica's Moist Maker.

Eh, no not all of us. Some of us didn't watch Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭ooter

Jaysus I feel guilty now having just polished off a big bowl of steamed carrots, cauliflower, Broccoli and leeks. And boiled eggs and blue cheese, not sure about the smell but it tasted bleedin great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

uch wrote: »
    flaneur wrote: »
    I made myself a lovely cup of tea in an office I worked in and discovered stringy stuff in it.
    I gave the kettle a rinse out and tried again. This kept happening and we were looking into getting plumbers to investigate.

Eventually we discovered one of my colleagues was using it to boil eggs for their sandwiches !!!!!

No way , we caught an apprentice boiling eggs in our burco years ago .
    He got the bollix kicked out of him.
    He also did burn down his house too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Boiling eggs in a kettle, genius:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

darkdubh wrote: »

How did you know its from friends? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭1874

I was sure I hadnt heard it all yet, so what does cloacal flavoured tea taste like?
    besides eggs, Im assuming its rank, I cant imagine dipping my digestives in that

If Im getting this right, wouldnt the eggs be more blanched, unless of course you mean he dropped the whole egg in, Id imagined the person that brought it up meant they cracked them open, hence the stringy stuff.

I could imagine that cauliflower being fired off yer mans head in some places or at least out an open window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

1874 wrote: »
    I was sure I hadnt heard it all yet, so what does cloacal flavoured tea taste like?
    besides eggs, Im assuming its rank, I cant imagine dipping my digestives in that

If Im getting this right, wouldnt the eggs be more blanched, unless of course you mean he dropped the whole egg in, Id imagined the person that brought it up meant they cracked them open, hence the stringy stuff.

I could imagine that cauliflower being fired off yer mans head in some places or at least out an open window.

Nah, drop whole egg in shell in, problem was when kettle was boiling the eggs hopped about a bit and the odd crack appears

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I had a similar situation about 10 years ago, co worker steamed cauliflower cabbage sprouts potatoes peas and carrots every single fücking day of the week for his dinner. The smell in the entire building was hideous. I was going on a weeks leave one week and the smell in the kitchen and rest of the building was lethal. I had enough so as I left (I was finishing early that day) I took the communal steam cooker along with all his vegetables in it and put it in a black bin liner and brought it outside and put it in the bin.

I returned the following week and he asked if I knew what happened it, of course I denied all knowledge of it. He then asked if I’d contribute towards buying a new steam/pressure cooker and I said I wouldn’t as I never used it. No one else would contribute either and he was so fücking miserable he wouldn’t pay for one on his own so he started steaming his dinner at home and bringing it in and heating it in the microwave which didn’t rise as much of a stink as the cooker did.

Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

1874 wrote: »

The tea tastes terrible, we thought he had been filling the burco from a bogey water source.
    It was a long time ago , however his nickname was Croatia because he looked like one of the starved prisoners in the camps during the Balkan conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭1874

I had a similar situation about 10 years ago, co worker steamed cauliflower cabbage sprouts potatoes peas and carrots every single fücking day of the week for his dinner. The smell in the entire building was hideous. I was going on a weeks leave one week and the smell in the kitchen and rest of the building was lethal. I had enough so as I left (I was finishing early that day) I took the communal steam cooker along with all his vegetables in it and put it in a black bin liner and brought it outside and put it in the bin.

I returned the following week and he asked if I knew what happened it, of course I denied all knowledge of it. He then asked if I’d contribute towards buying a new steam/pressure cooker and I said I wouldn’t as I never used it. No one else would contribute either and he was so fücking miserable he wouldn’t pay for one on his own so he started steaming his dinner at home and bringing it in and heating it in the microwave which didn’t rise as much of a stink as the cooker did.

Result.

He cooked his dinner in work? wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

https://youtu.be/wmu7bHj81WI good for a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

darkdubh wrote: »

How do you know it's a Frieda reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Given a staple diet of Brussel sprouts and cauliflower, I'm amazed that elephantine farting is not part of the package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Peatys wrote: »
    How do you know it's a Frieda reference?

I presume you mean Friends reference. In the same way that I know who the Kardashians are despite having zero interest in them. I wasn't living on a desert island in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Result.

what kind of place has a canteen like this.
    most sites I'm on you are lucky if there is a kettle. a fridge and microwave are the lap of luxury.
    a steamer, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think this stinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Puke on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Get in early, unplug the fridge, take the fuse out of the plug and tell everyone the fridge is fooked.
    If he doesn't bring in his stinky crap, then announce the fridge is miracalously fixed. Once he brings his stink in again....well you get the idea.
    Repeat and repeat till he gets the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Blast him with piss

He'll be days trying to get the smell of ammonia off his clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Is he one of those **** that just wants everyone to see he eats "HEALTHY"

We have loads in our place. They eat the same thing everyday (Rabbit Food Bull****) and the look of misery on their faces as they put the food to their mouths.
    Just eat something you like and stop being an arsehole.

I'd dump the fridge, All the knackers in our place put their bags in the fridge. The same manky 5 year old tesco bag that only god knows where its been. I can't be putting my sandwich next to that stank.

Rotten *****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

get something horrible and let it go off. pour the juice under his bag on Monday evening. someone will go mad in the morning and throw everything out. repeat everytime he puts in his bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

What I'm amazed at it how could anyone eat cold cauliflower for lunch. Is yer man skint or what?

Advertisement