Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2018

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

I finished the 19th and posted - still no pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Finished and posted on 14th and not paid yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Got paid yesterday. Posted the 19th. Haven't go any payslip/receipt yet. Is this still a thing they do? Anyone got paid this year and got a receipt/payslip?

Just asking, as I'm living in shared accommodation - and I've had the odd letter in the last few months go missing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Got paid yesterday. Posted the 19th. Haven't go any payslip/receipt yet. Is this still a thing they do? Anyone got paid this year and got a receipt/payslip?

Just asking, as I'm living in shared accommodation - and I've had the odd letter in the last few months go missing. ;)

I got payslip a day or two after getting paid!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Millem wrote: »
    I got payslip a day or two after getting paid!

Took longer than normal for mine too.

• Advertisement

<MOD SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Anybody get paid in 2 installments? Worked my pay out to be €1300 but I only got €935, this is including my remaining money from paying the attendant. Does this sound right in terms of tax? Also payment went through today, on a Saturday which is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

CWF wrote: »
    Anybody get paid in 2 installments? Worked my pay out to be €1300 but I only got €935, this is including my remaining money from paying the attendant. Does this sound right in terms of tax? Also payment went through today, on a Saturday which is unusual.

It’s probably right. It’s always less than you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

CWF wrote: »

Of you didn’t allocate usc bands or paye etc this is how you work it out:

Multiply your daily rate out.
    (Don’t include mileage or subsistence.)
    Deduct 10.5% for pension.
    Deduct 8% usc.

The net figure you get is gross taxable.
    Off the gross taxable then deduct 40% paye. You then get net pay.

Add up your mileage and subsistence and add to your net pay.
    (minus off your advance taking into account of paying attentant).

You could be entitled to claim usc or paye back depending on your post primary salary.

I did hear from superintents this year that they queried long days!! some people only got short days :(

Or did you get extra days at the last minute? If so maybe you might get paid in two installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Anyone else still waiting to be paid for superintending? I finished on the 21st and posted everything that day but have heard nothing :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lazyliza

sitstill wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting to be paid for superintending? I finished on the 21st and posted everything that day but have heard nothing :-(

Also finished on 21st and haven't been paid. I'm going to ring the SEC tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Just email financial@examinations.ie with your pps number and they will tell you how far your claim is. Calling only delays them making payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

<MOD SNIP>

<MOD SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

<MODSNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

You can each just delete your own comments if you don't leave it too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lazyliza

Just looking at my pay receipt and wondering why is my pension related deduction so high when I did t didn't pay into a pension on the work?

My PRSI deducted is 0 if that makes any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

lazyliza wrote: »
    Just looking at my pay receipt and wondering why is my pension related deduction so high when I did t didn't pay into a pension on the work?

My PRSI deducted is 0 if that makes any sense?

Pension levy is deducted from all public service pay whether you pay into a pension from that pay or not

Advertisement