Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2018

Options
  • 30-11-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Couldn’t find the old thread. The forms are online. Mileage and subsistence changes are in.
    Based on last year I worked out I will be down €64 in mileage :( and up 40c for a short day.

Am I dreaming in thinking there will be no pension levy applied for work with sec in 2018.

I haven’t received my filled in form yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Millem wrote: »
    Couldn’t find the old thread. The forms are online. Mileage and subsistence changes are in.
    Based on last year I worked out I will be down €64 in mileage :( and up 40c for a short day.

Am I dreaming in thinking there will be no pension levy applied for work with sec in 2018.

I haven’t received my filled in form yet.

The pension levy is gone for SEC work from 2019 as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

sitstill wrote: »
    The pension levy is gone for SEC work from 2019 as far as I know.

Thanks a mil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭doc_17

The SEC can go and do things to themselves that I won’t mention here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Did I miss the application for practical examiners? All the info seems to be for last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Did I miss the application for practical examiners? All the info seems to be for last year

No! There was a problem with their forms apparently. They are hoping to issue them next week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Was just talking to an examiner who was in contact with SEC today. Forms to be issued in the coming days seems to be the word on the street. Closing date for return is 21st December.

Pension levy is gone as far as I know, but the mileage rates have been cut, what they give with one hand they take with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Was just talking to an examiner who was in contact with SEC today. Forms to be issued in the coming days seems to be the word on the street. Closing date for return is 21st December.

Pension levy is gone as far as I know, but the mileage rates have been cut, what they give with one hand they take with the other.

Are you sure the pension levy is gone? I was sure that didn't kick-in until 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Examiner and superintendent letters out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Examiner and superintendent letters out today.

Got s superintendent letter but not examining.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

Pension levy is with us until 2019 unfortunately...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭doc_17

I’ll not be returning my superintending letter. I hope they can’t get enough Super Nintendo Charmers this year.

doc_17 wrote: »
    I’ll not be returning my superintending letter. I hope they can’t get enough Super Nintendo Charmers this year.

Be careful what you wish for ... I can see the day when supervising will be written into your contract!!

doc_17 wrote: »

I'm very tempted to do the same. There's zero reward in any of that work for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I didn't get in on this during the good times when the money was better, but I did it last yr for first time ever, and compared to the working school week and all that has to be done - this was the easiest money I ever earned in my life! Unless they start charging me to do it, I doubt I'll ever give it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

how much would you roughly get after tax for supervising? Weighing up if I should do it this year or not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

how much would you roughly get after tax for supervising? Weighing up if I should do it this year or not?

Depends how many days you get and what your tax setup is.
    Some people get as little as five days. You'd could almost owe them money back out of the advance.

spurious wrote: »
    Depends how many days you get and what your tax setup is.
    Some people get as little as five days. You'd could almost owe them money back out of the advance.

I nearly thought that would happen to me! But no, for 5 days work, after tax I got about €750. It's not millions, but for 5 days of doing pretty much feck all, it's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭chases0102

My ETB is demanding that the letter be sent to them for verification....another feather in the bow for bureaucracy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

chases0102 wrote: »
    My ETB is demanding that the letter be sent to them for verification....another feather in the bow for bureaucracy!

That's because Memo V7 gave VEC teachers six week's holidays. They have to confirm you are available at that time. Some people would not be free despite the 'teachers get ten month's holidays' brigade.

spurious wrote: »

That's because Memo V7 gave VEC teachers six week's holidays. They have to confirm you are available at that time. Some people would not be free despite the 'teachers get ten month's holidays' brigade.

I got this from a school I was day to day subbing in. I was very annoyed because there was no way that it would have any impact on the ETB as I wasn't a full time employee. Then I called in to another ETB school and they stamped it, and I wasn't even working there.

• Advertisement

It's one of those daft hangovers from years ago, but you just know there would be someone in Athlone would send it back if unstamped.

Yeah my ETB wants forms sent to them to stamp and they say they will forward it on to SEC for me. Very kind of them and all, but, with no letter of receipt from SEC, how do I know that my ETB didn't forget to send in my form or even lose it?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

Take a photocopy of the stamped form and send that off yourself too??

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Take a photocopy of the stamped form and send that off yourself too??

I have to post it to them to get stamped. They don't post it back to me, they just send it on for me.

You have to be very trustworthy of your ETB. Ask them to send you a photocopy the same day they post it to the SEC

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pandalaura

can primary school teachers apply for being a superintendent does anyone know?

Pandalaura wrote: »
    can primary school teachers apply for being a superintendent does anyone know?

Will you not be in school?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pandalaura

Will you not be in school?

No.

Pandalaura wrote: »
    No.

I can't see any reason why you couldn't. I presume you have a TC number.

• Advertisement

Forms are on examinations.ie under recruitment.

Advertisement