Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work secret Santa

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Not strictly Secret Santa, but when I was Lourdes ten years ago at Easter, we gave gifts at the end of the pilgrimage to the person whose named we picked. In my case, I picked the name of our group nurse, and I gave her a set of Rosary beads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Witchie wrote: »
    No. I already am awkward enough trying to remember names and stiff in the office. Don't want someone not to get a gift.

If I was in Ireland....sure!

Can you not just say you'd rather not have your name put down for it? I presume it's not optional, they've never done it where I work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

No, as it happens, witchie already has a useless box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Maybe ask a couple of the people you work with, what sort of presents were given last year and that will put you on the right track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Couple of bags of King and Tayto. Place will go wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

somefeen wrote: »
    You have my sympathies. A secret Santa I was involved in a few years ago one of the girls got a vibrator. It would have been funny if someone she knew well or a friend confessed, but no one owned up to it and it got very awkward. The next year another girl got a crotchless lingerie set with a genuinely creepy and filthy note wrapped up in it. Of course no one knew who it was since you got your person out of a draw and kept it secret and then deposited the gift in their pigeonhole so they don't know who its from.

No more secret Santa after that. It was eventually revived but with a person administrating it so it was on record who got matched up with who.

We had that system in place but I received two....one from my secret santa and one was just placed amongst the pile of presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Witchie wrote:
    Was thinking of a cool mug and a mini hamper of teas and coffees but just not sure.

I was thinking the exact same thing, a nice mug always goes down well, did this also one year, a mug, a tea bag and a treat, all used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

You could do what my dad did one year, give an empty box and say it's "rocking horse sh1te" - that went down well!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

august12 wrote: »
    I was thinking the exact same thing, a nice mug always goes down well, did this also one year, a mug, a tea bag and a treat, all used

Have gone down this route....I saw a cool mug the other day that has the wifi symbol on it and it reacts to the hot liquid to light up the signal bars. Also bought a cool tin box of Kit Kats of the world, 3 small bags of different coffees and a box of different tea bags.

Will have to do. I have too much else to be doing than running around trying to figure it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement