Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Binance.

Just don't leave any of your holdings on any exchange. Especially a Chinese one such as Binance.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Guys, this is probably very much how long is a piece of string type question but what do you see as being a realistic achievable figure for ripple in 2018 and then long term, say 5 yrs time. We've seen the $1 barrier been broken already and some experts are projecting $2 - $4 . Is this realistic? Is this ripples limit based on the available coins or could we ever see $10 $50 or God forbid $100...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

millhouse wrote: »
    Guys, this is probably very much how long is a piece of string type question but what do you see as being a realistic achievable figure for ripple in 2018 and then long term, say 5 yrs time. We've seen the $1 barrier been broken already and some experts are projecting $2 - $4 . Is this realistic? Is this ripples limit based on the available coins or could we ever see $10 $50 or God forbid $100...

To put it in context, ripple has nearly 40billion coins. Currently approx 1euro in value so market cap of 40billion.
    2euro = 80billion market cap
    5euro = 200billion market cap (coming up towards bitcoin)
    10euro = 400billion (approx current value of all crypto market)
    100euro = 4 trillion :D

At best I'd see Ripple getting between 2-3euro in 2018. In the long term, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

el diablo wrote: »
    Just don't leave any of your holdings on any exchange. Especially a Chinese one such as Binance.

So what do I do with them?

Can anyone recommend a good offline wallet? If thats the best thing to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Ripple CEO gave an interview today on CNBC

https://youtu.be/YmlAwQPwgYQ

It all seems too good to be true...what am I missing here- where is the elephant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i really should start taking some profit out of this. it will be under .90 again by morning :P

dashoonage wrote: »
    i really should start taking some profit out of this. it will be under .90 again by morning :P

Just hit all time high.

It did nicely consolidate around the $1 mark last week which was nice.
    Can see it getting up to $3 in next few weeks tbh

I still have mine with Binance. Who is using what offline wallet to store?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

rekcaks wrote: »
    I still have mine with Binance. Who is using what offline wallet to store?

http://ripplepaperwallet.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just hit all time high.

It did nicely consolidate around the $1 mark last week which was nice.
    Can see it getting up to $3 in next few weeks tbh

Why

grindle wrote: »

Have you used it? What's their fee?

Also is there a maximum amount of time I'm allowed to keep it on Binance?

Ledger Nano S looks good. Expensive at €82 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Have you used it? What's their fee?

Also is there a maximum amount of time I'm allowed to keep it on Binance?

You can hold it on an exchange for as long as you like it just isn't regarded as the best thing to do as the safety of your money is at the mercy of that exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

So what do I do with them?

Can anyone recommend a good offline wallet? If thats the best thing to do?

Yeah, best to hold in a hardware or offline wallet especially if you hold a dent amount. These Chinese exchanges can shut down at very short notice due to government regulations etc. Not sure which is the best option to hold Ripple right now though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

rekcaks wrote:

Small price to pay for security and peace of mind.

Sees there's been some activity in the Ripple thread overnight :)

Realises it's yet more talk about storage and wallets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Sees there's been some activity in the Ripple thread overnight :)

Realises it's yet more talk about storage and wallets :(

I ordered a lambo...but cancelled again when it dipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,108 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

dashoonage wrote: »
    I ordered a lambo...but cancelled again when it dipped.

As a more experienced trader I ordered a sambo.
    It was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

GreeBo wrote: »
    As a more experienced trader I ordered a sambo.
    It was delicious.

I wish my local shop accepted XRP :D

Why

Sorry should have said just pure speculation on my behalf, but again I revert back to my original question of where is the elephant in the room that I'm failing to see?

I've firmly got my anti hype jacket on when I read up about Ripple, but even if half the rumours are true and the other half of the confirmed contracts etc. turn out to be dead ducks then I fail to see how their price stays the same over the next quarter.

They've some heavy hitters getting on board and a few massive shoulders already behind the Ripple wheel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7jridt/if_you_cant_see_the_writing_on_the_wall_here/?utm_source=reddit-android

I can only see them eating into the market share of say SWIFT in the very near future.

Again; what am I missing here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Nermal

Sorry should have said just pure speculation on my behalf, but again I revert back to my original question of where is the elephant in the room that I'm failing to see?

I've firmly got my anti hype jacket on when I read up about Ripple, but even if half the rumours are true and the other half of the confirmed contracts etc. turn out to be dead ducks then I fail to see how their price stays the same over the next quarter.

They've some heavy hitters getting on board and a few massive shoulders already behind the Ripple wheel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7jridt/if_you_cant_see_the_writing_on_the_wall_here/?utm_source=reddit-android

I can only see them eating into the market share of say SWIFT in the very near future.

Again; what am I missing here?

No offense, but you were professing to be a #cryptovirgin a week ago. You have to be careful with speculation/pronouncements about price rises or the future success of a tech. You also have to be aware of and be capable of separating your own self interest in wishing to see a price rise from objective analysis.

No offense, but you were professing to be a #cryptovirgin a week ago. You have to be careful with speculation/pronouncements about price rises or the future success of a tech. You also have to be aware of and be capable of separating your own self interest in wishing to see a price rise from objective analysis.

Fair point(s)

Noted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Ripple continues to surprise me, i sold a lot off when it hit .30c, doh. Is it clear that these institutions will actually use xrp too (not just the ripple network)?

Ripple continues to surprise me, i sold a lot off when it hit .30c, doh. Is it clear that these institutions will actually use xrp too (not just the ripple network)?

The Forbes article above pours a lot of cold water on the xrp tokens/network.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Every recent article mentioning Ripple being used by X and Y at scale, also mentions that the only thing actually being used is the blockchain technology and that actual Ripple tokens are not involved. Why the Ripple price is climbing when it seems clear there is no linkage is unclear to me, unless it's just a lot of people making assumptions and failing to read.

South Korea are seeminly clamping down on crypto.

https://www.google.ie/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EM05K

South Korea are seeminly clamping down on crypto.

https://www.google.ie/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EM05K

aint this aimed at bogey ICO's and coins which is a good thing.

cracking down on the criminal element and money laundering.
    I'm sure any company that has a good business model and operation has nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

cnocbui wrote: »
    Every recent article mentioning Ripple being used by X and Y at scale, also mentions that the only thing actually being used is the blockchain technology and that actual Ripple tokens are not involved. Why the Ripple price is climbing when it seems clear there is no linkage is unclear to me, unless it's just a lot of people making assumptions and failing to read.
    This, exactly !
    And also the fact that it seems Ripple coins can be conjured up out of fresh air whenever the Ripple management feels like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

cnocbui wrote: »

Ripple was actually used by a South American bank I believe in a cross border money transfer, was about 2 months ago

They also keep onboarding new partners and institutions ("good news" generators). In the top 5 coins (very visible). "Cheap" compared to other coins in the top 10, plus the coin initially remained fairly stagnant whilst everything else was flying up, now it's gained it's own momentum

It has industry use and certain people like that. Some Many coins have all sorts of bells and whistles, but many haven't really gone beyond hypothetical use

Advertisement