Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Been playing around with a few different Alt coins over the last week or two, bought a few thousand XLM at 4c and its charging up nicely,

XRP had been bouncing up and down recently so used it to increase my holding so let's see how volatile it will be in the run up to the SEC ruling.

Just curious what the type of monetary exposure people have here to XRP. Only got a few hundred in it myself but thinking of putting a bit more into it for long term investment if the SEC ruling is positive.

Any thoughts on it?

have about 15k @ 0.16 from a while back ... 💰 I can afford to lose of course... SEC ruling will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Been playing around with a few different Alt coins over the last week or two, bought a few thousand XLM at 4c and its charging up nicely,

XRP had been bouncing up and down recently so used it to increase my holding so let's see how volatile it will be in the run up to the SEC ruling.

Just curious what the type of monetary exposure people have here to XRP. Only got a few hundred in it myself but thinking of putting a bit more into it for long term investment if the SEC ruling is positive.

Any thoughts on it?

If you dont mind me asking what other alts are you interested in? I bought a few thousand PHALA (PHA) recently after reading up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If you dont mind me asking what other alts are you interested in? I bought a few thousand PHALA (PHA) recently after reading up on it.

VET for me.. steady increase last week or so.
    I got in around .020 so again hopefully all gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Any thoughts on it?

depends what you can afford
    everyone is different

sparrowcar wrote: »
    VET for me.. steady increase last week or so.
    I got in around .020 so again hopefully all gains.

VET & VTHO had a nice 24hrs

Pity the staking rewards are paltry at 1.7%

• Advertisement

I still think the SEC is trying to go after the XRP escrow or it may be part of some deal that is struck

If they do, then there will be a potential supply shock that could catapult the price, lets see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I was reading up on PHA at the moment, I already have a few hundred ADA and 0x, a few thousand SIA and XLM. (Yes I know SIA is crap, but I picked them up for like €10 ages ago :D )

Looking at UNI, BAT, ZIL and STORJ but still doing research on them.

I was also looking at RVN but after the hack, I'm avoiding now even though it has had reasonable gains recently.

Must look at VET also as it was mentioned here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    depends what you can afford
    everyone is different

Ahh I know that, I have a couple of grand invested but I definitely follow the golden rule of never investing what you cannot afford to lose.

I'd say I could safely throw another 1k at it without any major concerns if it all goes belly up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Swap them for Chilliz (CHZ). Potentially a very profitable coin..has to do with sports...look into it..all top football clubs have partnered with it..PSG, Barcelona, Juventus etc...with more to come..that's what I did anyways..can be bought directly from binance exchange.best of luck.

This has really jumped lately. I was up near 100% earlier today with CHZ

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    This has really jumped lately. I was up near 100% earlier today with CHZ

I really like the idea of CHZ so took a punt awhile ago, glad I did now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I really like the idea of CHZ so took a punt awhile ago, glad I did now.

Same, I only put 200 quid in, but it's nearly double since. Still only at 0.05c , so if if ever gets real traction or goes to the NBA, NHL, NFL then it'll get bigger hopefully. It already has Barca, Juventus, AC Milan, UFC etc (needs a few Prem teams). Also hopefully will get a little bigger if/when fans are ever allowed back into stadiums.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Same, I only put 200 quid in, but it's nearly double since. Still only at 0.05c , so if if ever gets real traction or goes to the NBA, NHL, NFL then it'll get bigger hopefully. It already has Barca, Juventus, AC Milan, UFC etc (needs a few Prem teams). Also hopefully will get a little bigger if/when fans are ever allowed back into stadiums.

West Ham Utd are on board

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

I have a small but of CHZ but the main issue I have is that most of these sports teams are relatively small. For example, West Hams revenue in 2020 was €216m and AC Milan was just €206m. To me its interesting because I like sport but apart from the top half a dozen sports teams, these business are small

I have a small but of CHZ but the main issue I have is that most of these sports teams are relatively small. For example, West Hams revenue in 2020 was €216m and AC Milan was just €206m. To me its interesting because I like sport but apart from the top half a dozen sports teams, these business are small
    Yeah thats a good point, but what about the bigger teams like Barcelona? What was their revenue last year approx €840m. If it is a success and brings in extra revenue for clubs make no mistake they'll all be on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

risk is nowhere as bad as the reward imo

I've been saying for a while, this SEC suit wont hold up...

What do you think will happen to price if SEC suit doesnt hold up ? Are you thinking double digit rise or more ?

Drumpot wrote: »
    What do you think will happen to price if SEC suit doesnt hold up ? Are you thinking double digit rise or more ?

the ATH was $3.80 ish

its way undervalued, I'd expect 5-6 USD in a quick space of time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

the ATH was $3.80 ish

its way undervalued, I'd expect 5-6 USD in a quick space of time

If that were to happen then it have a bigger market cap than ETH has currently. Pretty unlikely in my opinion. Ripple has had some success selling their software to banking institutions but there's hardly any uptake of their XRP token.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Currently over 40% of my Crypto is invested in Ripple. Should I look to water that down before the SEC hearing? There’s a possibility it could become worthless?

Correction to a statement I made earlier regarding CHZ. West Ham are not on board the whole deal fell through recently. Interesting development is that some of the spokespeople for the fans expressed a dislike for the idea of a fan token, seeing it as another way to squeeze money from fans.

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Currently over 40% of my Crypto is invested in Ripple. Should I look to water that down before the SEC hearing? There’s a possibility it could become worthless?

if the SEC hearing had any credibility it would have gone by now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Correction to a statement I made earlier regarding CHZ. West Ham are not on board the whole deal fell through recently. Interesting development is that some of the spokespeople for the fans expressed a dislike for the idea of a fan token, seeing it as another way to squeeze money from fans.

That's a pity and it will need a few big teams to get on board.
    Ideally some of the US teams would be involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Depends on whether you're in profit and if it's money you can afford to lose. I think it'll survive and probably pump (a little!) but who knows.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Depends on whether you're in profit and if it's money you can afford to lose. I think it'll survive and probably pump (a little!) but who knows.

Profit - yes, profit from ripple - no. Afford to lose - yes, want to - no. I reckon 40% is probably too much. I think I’ll take some out and split between the rest

I added some more during that dip.
    I have a decent bag now. I have a hunch this SEC case will fade out with the backing and support Ripple are getting from many including ex SEC senior employees.

I may be wrong, but if I'm right.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah I got some XRP in the dip although unfortunately it kept on dipping :pac:

I think it might still surprise people so I took a gamble on it.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I added some more during that dip.
    I have a decent bag now. I have a hunch this SEC case will fade out with the backing and support Ripple are getting from many including ex SEC senior employees.

I may be wrong, but if I'm right.....

Im just waiting for it to hit €1000 and I’ll be happy enough to then :pac::pac::pac:

Im just waiting for it to hit €1000 and I’ll be happy enough to then :pac::pac::pac:

Ha Jesus can you imagine...
    A more realistic figure this year all going well might be $5 but again who knows.

From trial discovery...

"A unnamed exchange contacted the SEC in 2019 asking if it was ok to sell XRP as a currency rather than a security"
    SEC failed to comment but never said NO!

Very difficult to get around that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59,550 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

^^ That is an intriguing point from the video. I've a tiny XRP holding and am looking forward to the day when it allows me to afford a weekend away with my better half in a fancy hotel, assuming that Covid is a distant memory by then :)

Advertisement