Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Redo91 wrote: »
    It’s gone down to .30c now. Worth buying again?

Not in my opinion unless it was alot lower

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

mickdw wrote: »
    Not in my opinion unless it was alot lower

It was trading around .25c before chatter of a pump started doing the rounds. Reckon it has more to fall yet.

It was trading around .25c before chatter of a pump started doing the rounds. Reckon it has more to fall yet.

Yep. I bought before at between 17 and 19 cent.
    I think its really worth less at the minute with uncertainty over SEC etc.
    No doubt room for upswing if things go well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I never get the interest in xrp. But each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

This asset has been held back so much
    If it goes back to circa 30c it’s a superb entry point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Well that was a damp squib.
    Obvious in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Nice and stable the last few hours.
    Interesting to see where it goes over the next few weeks and months.
    Glad that is over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Could there be a spike again if the result with the SEC lawsuit is favourable?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Figured I may aswell have some fun with it, had 1250 XRP originally, bought ages ago around 22c iirc.

It got to 60c so I dumped it and bought more again at 41c, its down slightly but it always been my plan to hold them and see what happens. I'd say it will tank at around 30c today and make slight gains if the SEC ruling is someway favorable.

So I've increased my holding by about 50% and didn't cost a cent, all happy so :)

That $1 thing today was a pipedream, it was funny listening to the chat on some telegram groups, guys giving this big technical analysis of what is happening and how they are going to have this big surge at 1.30pm, so called tips about whales dumping but they can ride it out, how this is gonna show them etc etc

As soon as it started to plummet they were dropped off one by one, showing nothing more than they were talking through their a*ses :D

I see this whole thing as a bit of fun, was never going to stake huge somes into something so volitile and unregulated. There were guys on some of the rooms today saying they had lost thousands, one guy claiming he lost his kids college fund money :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

chases0102 wrote: »
    Could there be a spike again if the result with the SEC lawsuit is favourable?

I would have thought, if the SEC case is favorable for Ripple (XRP gets official non security status unlike 99% of alt currencies), then the FUD will disappear and the price will go through the roof (or at least go to a point that is proportionate to the gains in rest of the alt coin market, ie 2 euro or so.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Figured I may aswell have some fun with it, had 1250 XRP originally, bought ages ago around 22c iirc.

It got to 60c so I dumped it and bought more again at 41c, its down slightly but it always been my plan to hold them and see what happens. I'd say it will tank at around 30c today and make slight gains if the SEC ruling is someway favorable.

So I've increased my holding by about 50% and didn't cost a cent, all happy so :)

That $1 thing today was a pipedream, it was funny listening to the chat on some telegram groups, guys giving this big technical analysis of what is happening and how they are going to have this big surge at 1.30pm, so called tips about whales dumping but they can ride it out, how this is gonna show them etc etc

As soon as it started to plummet they were dropped off one by one, showing nothing more than they were talking through their a*ses :D

I see this whole thing as a bit of fun, was never going to stake huge somes into something so volitile and unregulated. There were guys on some of the rooms today saying they had lost thousands, one guy claiming he lost his kids college fund money :eek::eek::eek:

There were a few guys sounding fairly ahem, "distressed" on the call as the candles burned red alright.

In the end I didn't do anything, didn't have the balls to pull trigger at .70 and just watched it drop after that

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Does anyone know when the SEC decision is due?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I bought about 1250 coins last weekend, some at Euro 35c, 40c & 43c. Also bought 2500 for a mate @ 40c. I was contemplating selling at 60c and buying back if it dropped, but I didn't. I'm in for the long ride so will keep adding coins bit by bit over time.

Anyone else in for the long haul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

millhouse wrote: »

It's penned for 22nd Feb

millhouse wrote: »

22 Feb is the hearing date I believe.

I bought about 1250 coins last weekend, some at Euro 35c, 40c & 43c. Also bought 2500 for a mate @ 40c. I was contemplating selling at 60c and buying back if it dropped, but I didn't. I'm in for the long ride so will keep adding coins bit by bit over time.

Anyone else in for the long haul

Yep bought at .18 and .23 so happy to sit and see how the land lies over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

It's penned for 22nd Feb

Thats a pre-trial hearing, I think it will be months or years before any conclusion (imho).

Thats a pre-trial hearing, I think it will be months or years before any conclusion (imho).

Not a bad thing, XRP could do with some time out of the limelight. Slow and steady ahead.

Slow and steady she goes under the radar...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

With the amount of partnerships Ripple has I think it’s risky not to have any exposure to XRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Been rising nicely over the last few days, probably a knock on effect from this bit coin surge?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Nose dived again
    endainoz wrote: »
    Been rising nicely over the last few days, probably a knock on effect from this bit coin surge?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

goose06 wrote: »
    Nose dived again

Still up 18% in last 7 days. Haven't purchased any myself but made profits on XRP in the past. If Ripple get out the the SEC ruling unscathed then I'll be jumping back on

Nose dived again

Nose dive is a bit of an exaggeration in fairness....

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Yep an exaggeration over the last year apart from the jump a couple of weeks back it's been pretty static, 7 days isn't really much of a trend. Fingers crossed in a few weeks after the SEC openning case we might see some consistent increase in value.
    endainoz wrote: »
    Nose dive is a bit of an exaggeration in fairness....

Yep an exaggeration over the last year apart from the jump a couple of weeks back it's been pretty static, 7 days isn't really much of a trend. Fingers crossed in a few weeks after the SEC openning case we might see some consistent increase in value.

Very very surprised with current xrp pricing.
    I expected it to be at about 15c considering the SEC case.
    I see it as very risky right now.

Continuing on a upward trend the last few days, might be worth getting some on the next drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mickdw wrote: »
    Very very surprised with current xrp pricing.
    I expected it to be at about 15c considering the SEC case.
    I see it as very risky right now.

risk is nowhere as bad as the reward imo

I've been saying for a while, this SEC suit wont hold up...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Been playing around with a few different Alt coins over the last week or two, bought a few thousand XLM at 4c and its charging up nicely,

XRP had been bouncing up and down recently so used it to increase my holding so let's see how volatile it will be in the run up to the SEC ruling.

Just curious what the type of monetary exposure people have here to XRP. Only got a few hundred in it myself but thinking of putting a bit more into it for long term investment if the SEC ruling is positive.

Any thoughts on it?

• Advertisement

€350 at .18 & €150 at .22
    Holding long term here and see where things are in a few years.
    Nobody can deny there is huge potential if they get passed the SEC case.

Advertisement