Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Registered post would be the best option to confirm they received your goods

Did that and finally got though to the CAO after 12 calls. They have a small staff but they were lovely on the phone. Totally sorted now - they are now able to confirm receipt of documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

Did that and finally got though to the CAO after 12 calls. They have a small staff but they were lovely on the phone. Totally sorted now - they are now able to confirm receipt of documents.

I only got my transcripts yesterday so ended up hand delivering them in Galway today. I’m from Louth so that was a pain in the arse but I didnt want to risk them not getting there. Better get a place this year after all of this hassle ah!!! Nervy wait now

1direction wrote: »
    I only got my transcripts yesterday so ended up hand delivering them in Galway today. I’m from Louth so that was a pain in the arse but I didnt want to risk them not getting there. Better get a place this year after all of this hassle ah!!! Nervy wait now

Jesus that is some trek. Totally worth it though.

I didn't know you could just walk up to the office and handover documents. That may come in handy should I need to submit an appeal.

I have a feeling we will all get emails next Friday about our eligibility. After that, it's all about the GAMSAT score. Fingers crossed.

Jesus that is some trek. Totally worth it though.

I didn't know you could just walk up to the office and handover documents. That may come in handy should I need to submit an appeal.

I have a feeling we will all get emails next Friday about our eligibility. After that, it's all about the GAMSAT score. Fingers crossed.

Yeh I know I was expecting it just to be a letter box but turns out you can full on walk into an office!! Learn something new everyday I guess lol

And yes hopefully get all the documents approved next week because safe to say I don’t want another round trip to Galway!

Here’s hoping the 1st of August comes soon and there’s no crazy point jumps!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

So where is everyone hopefully heading for? Anywhere is brilliant obviously but what's everyones first pick. I put UCD down as my no. 1 but it's looking unlikely. From memory I don't recall anyone here mentioning RCSI which I'm surprised by. It's my 3rd choice, I'm just surprised no one seems to have mentioned it.

• Advertisement

So where is everyone hopefully heading for? Anywhere is brilliant obviously but what's everyones first pick. I put UCD down as my no. 1 but it's looking unlikely. From memory I don't recall anyone here mentioning RCSI which I'm surprised by. It's my 3rd choice, I'm just surprised no one seems to have mentioned it.

My preferences are Ucd, rcsi, ucc and ul but to be fully honest I’m not that bothered about getting Dublin and I also probably don’t have the score to get it. I’m hoping for Ucc but will be happy to go to ul either!

Also anyone have any idea ratio of girls to guys in gem?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

Just wondering why no one seems keen on RCSI? I assumed it would be the first choice for anyone wanting to do GEM, and at the very least first choice for those looking to stay in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

Also anyone have any idea ratio of girls to guys in gem?

UL GEM 1st year last year was majority girls. Probably 65/35, 60/40 if im putting a ball park on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Medico008

indiep wrote: »
    Hey yeah! Incoming 1st years have orientation week stating Monday the 2nd of September (Last year we didn't have anything on the Monday so you will likely be starting on the 3rd of September).

Y1 Classes start Sept 9th.

thank you, it looks like i may have time to submit my resignation letter in that case. I'm and RGN hoping to get into UL this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Indecisivegirl

Is anyone able to see their supporting documents on their CAO online application? They were up for me back in March or April then it went away and I remember it was up this time last year but it’s nowhere to be seen on my application now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

What are the class sizes of each GEM year? Having trouble finding out that info for UL for example

Is anyone able to see their supporting documents on their CAO online application? They were up for me back in March or April then it went away and I remember it was up this time last year but it’s nowhere to be seen on my application now

They took them down for everyone. You have to call or email to see if they have all of your documents scanned. They told me that unis will not review them until the middle of next week so you have time to send any outstanding documents in.

coopersock wrote: »
    Just wondering why no one seems keen on RCSI? I assumed it would be the first choice for anyone wanting to do GEM, and at the very least first choice for those looking to stay in Dublin?

I can only speak for myself but I ranked RCSI last because Dublin is expensive and living near campus in St Stephen's Green would be prohibitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

coopersock wrote: »

If you do a Boards search you will pick up a few opinions on RCSI

e.g. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057943289

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

i have lots of gamsat materials for sale. it includes des oneills books, gold standard book and lots more. if any one interested i am willing to sell it for really cheap price. otherwise if any one wants them i am willing to give them away for free as i dont want to have them while some body might need it and cant afford buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

What are the class sizes of each GEM year? Having trouble finding out that info for UL for example

UL = 144

but you are mostly split up into groups of 8/9 for PBL and clinical skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rwalsh22

Just wondering if anyone has gotten an email from the CAO regarding academic eligibility? I know they are supposed to be emailing this week to indicate whether or not the supporting documents were suitable

Rwalsh22 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has gotten an email from the CAO regarding academic eligibility? I know they are supposed to be emailing this week to indicate whether or not the supporting documents were suitable

I haven’t heard anything! Reckon it’ll be tomorrow (hopefully)

I haven’t heard anything! Reckon it’ll be tomorrow (hopefully)

Just got an email from CAO showing that supporting documents were scanned, but no mention of eligibility.

Edit - Just got through on the phone. Eligibility emails will most likely be out on Monday.

• Advertisement

Oh great that’s great to know I was getting worried !
    Just got an email from CAO showing that supporting documents were scanned, but no mention of eligibility.

Edit - Just got through on the phone. Eligibility emails will most likely be out on Monday.

Got an email from cao! My documents were accepted buzz

Rwalsh22 wrote: »
    Oh great that’s great to know I was getting worried !

Literally just (5:14pm) got an email from them confirming eligibility, relief 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

ditto - emails out

Deemed ineligible because they aren't sure if i have only one degree due to a transfer credit situation. Sigh.

I also have a foreign (American) degree so they aren't sure if it is a 2H1.

I had already shown UCD and UL my transcripts and they said I was eligible over email.

So, I am now appealing.

Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Indecisivegirl

Does anyone have a first year timetable for UCD? Or does anyone know how the hours are (at any of the colleges)? Has anyone found it possible to work part time while in med school?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DANCER97

Hey Guys, this indecsision is killing me, what do you think chances are for UCD with a score of 61?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

DANCER97 wrote: »
    Hey Guys, this indecsision is killing me, what do you think chances are for UCD with a score of 61?

You're having a laugh, right? Don't think the cut off for UCD has ever been that high, I don't even recall it ever being 60 never mind 62+. The cut off first round last year was 59* (and subsequently dropped to 58*) It is extremely unlikely to jump 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DANCER97

I just hate this incessent waiting.

• Advertisement

DANCER97 wrote: »
    I just hate this incessent waiting.
    The time is really dragging, thank god only 10 days left

Advertisement