Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ahhhhhhhhhh

0.1m short for Zaha & Sane to Hazard & Sterling

Bastard of a head wreck

I’d need to find a 4.3m playing defender to make it happen

Tomkins 4.3 started the last game for palace over dann

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So I'm finally on my wildcard and this is what I've landed on at the moment:

Elliot - Foster
    Daniels - Mee - Naughton - Dunk - Femenia
    Sterling - Salah - Hazard - Richarlison - RLC
    Kane - Morata - C. Wilson

On a scale of "Woah Mr. P you crazy" (1) - (10) "Could you be any more template?" where does this sit.

0 ITB

Clearly the defense could be any combination of cheaper options.

Wilson/RLC can rotate to an extent.

If Hazard became Pogba then I could get more expensive defenders.

I'd love to throw the towel in and go full on Mr.P but I feel as though Salah aside I've mostly been unlucky and picked the wrong captain. At this point I'm not sure I even remember what it's like to have a team half full of differentials.

Any word on whether PVA will be back in the Palace side soon? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Manquillo -> Dunk
    Newcastle looked horrid at the back against Watford.
    Vardy still in, mainly due to lack of alternatives for the price tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Elliot - Foster

On a scale of "Woah Mr. P you crazy" (1) - (10) "Could you be any more template?" where does this sit.

0 ITB

I'd love to throw the towel in and go full on Mr.P but I feel as though Salah aside I've mostly been unlucky and picked the wrong captain. At this point I'm not sure I even remember what it's like to have a team half full of differentials.

Looks very solid to me. All the players I would class as "must-haves" or "should-haves" at the moment with the possible exception of Sane (more on that below) I have a few observations / food for thought:

I would personally prefer Niasse ahead of Wilson to save 1.0. RLC is really a starter candidate given form and fixtures which means your cheap striker option may get rotated out (or you give up on RLC's potential points). Doesn't ever sit well with me having 6.0 on the bench - think of what you can get in defence for that price. Your front 8 is too strong in other words imo (that's me rating RLC's likely returns very highly).

With that extra 1.0 you could upgrade Foster to Courtois and have a guaranteed "in" to Chelsea cleanies for their great run. I do think they'll rack them up and you'll be missing out over the next good few games.

I would still consider Sane less of a rotation risk to Sterling but Sterling is really putting up the points so hard to argue. I would feel better with Sane personally speaking though. Just looking at the huge price difference now however and I can see why you've gone for young Raheem.

Couple of thoughts anyway, there's definitely counter arguments for my points, B'mouth do have a great run and Wilson has shown he's capable of a big score, could pay off. I think my suggestion is probably safer and more boring (comes down to Chelsea cleanies and Niasse / RLC vs whatever cleanies Newcastle and WBA can muster and Wilson)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Elliot - Foster

0 ITB

find .1 to get ANY OTHER KEEPER than foster
    Would Tarowski to Mee raise the .1? Id also certainly sell Naughton. Maybe for Gomez of Liverpool seen as you have 15 starters anyway .
    I like the rest as its very similar to mine!!!!! But ive spent 20 points to get there

km79 wrote: »
    Would Tarowski to Mee raise the .1? Id also certainly sell Naughton. Maybe for Gomez of Liverpool seen as you have 15 starters anyway .
    I like the rest as its very similar to mine!!!!! But ive spent 20 points to get there

Yeah good suggestions also, I do think Gomez will be rarely rotated and 4.5 for a way in to the Liverpool defence is an absolute bargain.

Just a note that Tarkowski was on course for the 3 BPS yesterday before the penalty. Mee has a better track record in that area though I suppose

I started tinkering and ended up with this :D

Elliot - Speroni
    Alonso - Daniels - Klavan - Dunk - Mee
    Sanchez - Pogba - Salah - Richarlison - RLC
    Jesus - Morata - Crouch

and 0.5ITB :pac:

It's got that pizzazz that was greatly lacking. Also no Harry Kane....:o Obviously that 0.5 would tidy up the defence into safer starters
    ____

Yeah Wilson was in as a placeholder and was rising last night so lobbed him in. Crouch over Niasse would eliminate any potential temptation to start him but capable of the odd goal.

I was even thinking going with Tarkowski and Mee.

It's a very safe team, but I'm basically at 800k. I'm happy enough to write off the season and have some fun, however it's a bit early to be looking at things that way.

But I'm about halfway down the rabbit hole right now and not sure which way is up :pac:

_______

As FHFC would say it comes down to sword or shield!

Tomkins 4.3 started the last game for palace over dann

And guess who I bought 2 weeks ago ?

So with Dann being the player I’m thinking of ejecting I think Tomkins could be too much of a risk for my mental health.

Edit - I’ve also decided to go with ZERO City players for the foreseeable so I’m not trying to get Sterling in anymore. Might just upgrade Dann to Mustafi but unfortunately a day after Mustafi went up 0.1m.

I started tinkering and ended up with this :D

Elliot - Speroni
    Jesus - Morata - Crouch

That's a horrible team in comparison to your very solid first one imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bit surprised you swapped Sanchez for Hazard, Hazard looks way more impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Elliot - Speroni
    Jesus - Morata - Crouch

Sanchez to Hazard
    Pogba to Rambo (go on)
    Jesus to Kane

There you go. Plenty of Prodston fun in not owning City players but still a solid team. With the added bonus of our old friend thrown in.

Just trying to see what a few "differentials" would look like in the same team.

Obviously Sanchez is horrendously overpriced and not necessary, but I've never owned Hazard at the right time.

Anyway I'll be going closer to team 1 as it's too early to go all out differential, probably.

Haven't enjoyed this season at all so far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another Lukaku -> Morata here.

I now have 1.5 ITB and wondering if there's something that would be worth -4 -
    my defence seems a prime candidate. I'd love to fit Hazard but I think losing Salah would be the only way:

Foster/Elliott
    Ward Kiko F. Moreno Mbemba Jones
    Ramsey Salah Sterling Zaha
    Aguero Morata Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hmm...to add to my Hazard bit above, I could do:

Zaha, Firmino out;
    Hazard, Wilson in.

For -8, exact change to do it. Food for thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Zaha, Firmino out; Hazard, Wilson in.

Zaha, Firmino out; Hazard, Wilson in.

For -8, exact change to do it. Food for thought...

Thats a good move...salah is your pool cover...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

3 transfer and a - 8 taken even though 2 of them 3 might be on the bench in this gw. Need 15 players for the upcoming fixtures

Jones > Otemendi
    Lascellas > zunteasonething (the Watford Lad)
    Abraham > Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Please help me decide...........

Sane or Hazard ????

I already have Sterling and Morata.

The other option is to get rid of Alli for Hazard but I would need to take a -4 hit to enable this move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Macker1 wrote: »

Sane or Hazard ????

The other option is to get rid of Alli for Hazard but I would need to take a -4 hit to enable this move.

Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Macker1 wrote: »

Sane or Hazard ????

Hazard

+1

Favourable fixtures and looks bang in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hazard looks like a slam dunk pick, that's getting me worried a bit, everyone seems to be taking him in me included and expect the avalanche of points to follow, seems too easy, it probably won't pan out that way!

• Advertisement

Hazard looks like a slam dunk pick, that's getting me worried a bit, everyone seems to be taking him in me included and expect the avalanche of points to follow, seems too easy, it probably won't pan out that way!

Only 7.7% ownership but I’d imagine it’s quite a higher percentage within the boards community. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lukaku has to go so thinking a big shuffle
    Out Lukaku fabianski doucoure yoshida
    In Wilson courtois pogba otamendi

Take the - 12 or do it over two game weeks

Not taking - 12. Lukaku and doucoure out. Wilson and hazard in. I'll shift yoshida out next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Made the tansfers...

Now who out of the 7 to drop...

Salah, richarilson (watford), hazard, gross, pogba, wilson, murray, kane....

Has to be one....leaning towards richarilson....tink murray and wislon have goal potential...watford have a tough game against utd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Elliot - Foster

0 ITB

On wildcard also and gone for a similar front 8. Was a real toss up between sterling and Wilson versus sane and niasse but went for the latter. Have the other 6 of your front 8.

Went courtois in goals and smalling plus 4 other 4.5ish type defenders. Not many of the cheap defenders have great fixtures coming up so there'll be a couple of weeks where my defence won't be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

What's the story with Mustafi? Has he been injured a lot? Looking at his history this season anytime he's played he's seemed to hoover up the points.

Thinking of Monreal for Jones but Mustafi has caught my eye. Is he a definite starter arsenal fans?

What's the story with Mustafi? Has he been injured a lot? Looking at his history this season anytime he's played he's seemed to hoover up the points.

Thinking of Monreal for Jones but Mustafi has caught my eye. Is he a definite starter arsenal fans?

Not an Arsenal fan but I brought him in. I believe he was injured earlier in season. Don't recall him ever on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not an Arsenal fan but I brought him in. I believe he was injured earlier in season. Don't recall him ever on bench.

He was apparently on the verge of being sold before he got injured first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Taking the big risk of banking the transfer and sticking with lukaku one more week.

If he's crap again I'll swap him for Morata and use the extra 1.1 to upgrade a defender .

Handy to have 2 transfers that week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Made the transfers early this week as it would have cost me about 0.5m to wait until today.

Silva, Jesus and Van Dijk out.

Hazard, Morata and Mariappa in (-4).

Elliot
    Azpilicueta - Duffy - Ward
    RLC - Salah - Hazard - Sane - Richarlison
    Kane - Morata
    SUB: Fabianski, Mariappa, Gomez, Hemed.

Next week, Hemed to Niasse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Strong team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Made the transfers early this week as it would have cost me about 0.5m to wait until today.

Elliot
    Kane - Morata

Nice side, unfortunately Mariappas days might be numbered as Prodl is fit to play again https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/935167825437712384

He was apparently on the verge of being sold before he got injured first

Yeh that's true. Forgot about that even though I backed him to stay. It was for a loan move to Inter.

Seems to be playing now that he recovered from Injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Resisted the urge to get Hazard in (for Sane :eek)....used my 2nd FT to get Courtois in for Speroni instead.

Was a close call with DDG, but upcoming fixtures, 0.4m ITB and not having to cheer ManUtd clean sheets through gritted teeth swung it for Courtois in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeh that's true. Forgot about that even though I backed him to stay. It was for a loan move to Inter.

Seems to be playing now that he recovered from Injury

If he plays then he's probably the best Arsenal defender to have at the moment. Not overly expensive either.

Colking wrote: »
    Nice side, unfortunately Mariappas days might be numbered as Prodl is fit to play again https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/935167825437712384

He's there as a 4.0 third sub so not massively pushed if he plays or not right now. I think 2 playing subs will be fine (fingers crossed).

Draft League, straight choice

Zappacosta or Christensen?

Elliot
    Kane - Morata

Identical front 7 to me and I have Niasse as well on the bench, I'm very happy with it and hoping it's a front 8 that I can stick with for a while and use transfers to fix the defence and GKs moving forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Loading up on Chelsea player, need help with a defender though.

Azpi and Alonso arent in my budget.

Think my main options are Cahill, Christensen and Zappacosta. Cahills a clear starter but most expensive - are Christenson and/or Zappacosta guaranteed starters going forward? They've started the last 3 or 4 games at least, I had no idea though. I'm afraid they could drop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Think my main options are Cahill, Christensen and Zappacosta. Cahills a clear starter but most expensive - are Christenson and/or Zappacosta guaranteed starters going forward? They've started the last 3 or 4 games at least, I had no idea though. I'm afraid they could drop out.

What about Courtois? Obviously no attacking returns but you're looking for defensive cover seemingly. At 5.4, he's the cheapest way in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Richarlson at home to Utd or RLC away to Brighton?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

What about Courtois? Obviously no attacking returns but you're looking for defensive cover seemingly. At 5.4, he's the cheapest way in

I want to get rid of Jones, so it makes too much sense to get a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

paulie21 wrote: »

Ruben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Thinking of Lukaku to Niasse (Despite suspension) and upgrading Romeu to Hazard. Would be a change in formation.

Many dumping Lukaku or changing to 3 5 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

paulie21 wrote: »

Have the same dilemma and going RLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Issues with Luiz and Moses have been helping them. Moses is due back.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Identical front 7 to me and I have Niasse as well on the bench, I'm very happy with it and hoping it's a front 8 that I can stick with for a while and use transfers to fix the defence and GKs moving forward

I've taken a few hits in recent weeks to get to exactly this point. I have transfers ready to cover injuries and suspensions so i can handle the rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thinking of Lukaku to Niasse (Despite suspension) and upgrading Romeu to Hazard. Would be a change in formation.

Many dumping Lukaku or changing to 3 5 2?

I was tempted to dump Jesus and TPT for a hit to get Hazard and Niasse but I think I'll just bank it.

Jesus could out preform Haz. I dropped Aguero for Morata last week so dont want to be bitten again by Peps rotation. Either way it's likely to be Jesus last game for me with a move to 352 looking likely.

PVA wrote: »
    Draft League, straight choice

Zappacosta or Christensen?

Depends.

Which draft league are you in ?

Edit - joking - def Christensen

I've taken a few hits in recent weeks to get to exactly this point. I have transfers ready to cover injuries and suspensions so i can handle the rotation.

Likewise, several hits to get here, but finally happy with my team bar a few dud defenders. Feel like I have the breathing room to address that over the comings though finally

I'm now considering Courtois in for De Gea next week for the Christmas run. Better fixtures and that £0.2m would be useful when bumping up Mbemba...

• Advertisement
Advertisement