Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 14 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fantasy football, serious stuff. Maybe.

The little nicknames and in jokes are part of what makes this place such a good community imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

PVA I think came up with it? Not sure tho

Half of 14 is 7. Go to the Gameweek 7 transfers thread. All can be answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

TATSE - The Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience :cool:

tumblr_n0pkk73sl81qh59n0o8_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

For what it’s worth I think TPT is fine as it took a bit of thought to come up with.

I think Bavies and Dilva are just terrible. It’s borne of nothing but laziness of people who think typing Ben or David before the surname is a waste of effort. Anyway, there is only on Davies and one Silva any sane person will have in their teams at present, so first names aren’t even necessary!

Anyway, I don’t lose sleep over any of it, but give me a relevant nickname over ‘Dilva’ any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    For what it’s worth I think TPT is fine as it took a bit of thought to come up with.

I think Bavies and Dilva are just terrible. It’s borne of nothing but laziness of people who think typing Ben or David before the surname is a waste of effort. Anyway, there is only on Davies and one Silva any sane person will have in their teams at present, so first names aren’t even necessary!

Anyway, I don’t lose sleep over any of it, but give me a relevant nickname over ‘Dilva’ any day.
    Merlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Merlin

Merlin is more than acceptable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Captain kane will be gone if he blanks again today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Benimar wrote: »

Why bring Leroy into this?

I'm a Sané guy!

I'll get my coat.

Just waiting for moratta to get through next game and then first transfer will be Made
    Lukaku to moratta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Lukaku to Morata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just waiting for moratta to get through next game and then first transfer will be Made
    Lukaku to moratta

Cannot wait to do this transfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FYI for anyone with Abraham or looking to get him in, he’s ineligible for the Chelsea game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have had Lukaku all season I think but that's enough for me. 1 goal in ten and ibra back. Have kane and morata so might downgrade and strengthen elsewhere. Not going for a city striker so who to get?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Morata in for Jesus. Have 2FT so may do 3 changes. Van Dijk is out the door too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have had Lukaku all season I think but that's enough for me. 1 goal in ten and ibra back. Have kane and morata so might downgrade and strengthen elsewhere. Not going for a city striker so who to get?

I'd genuinely just go 3-5-2 if you already have Kane and Morata. There's so many good midfield options and the aforementioned are the only two key premium front options at the moment IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Jesus OUT Morata IN

Salah in for Alli in 30 minutes

Salah in for Alli in 30 minutes

Why can't I sell Alli............I'm be thinking I'll sell zaha instead and bring in RLC for tcarroll as my fifth mid the week after .........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Have an extra ft for first time all season I think as I wanted to rejig after lukaku had his "easy" game v Brighton.

A -4 to bring in hazard, morata and Wilson for atsu, Jesus and lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Zaha to Salah done. Watford have tricky fixtures so may sell Richardson for Shakira Shaqiri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've enough to do Lukaku and Gross to Hazard and Morata. Getting Hazard would leave me with no funds to upgrade anywhere else though.

Elliott Foster
    Otamendi Mee Duffy Daniels Naughton
    Sané Salah Hazard Richarlison Carroll
    Morata Kane Wilson

Is it worth blowing all my funds on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What United defender going forward?

Did Jones to Smalling as had a second transfer this week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

siblers wrote: »
    Zaha to Salah done. Watford have tricky fixtures so may sell Richardson for Shakira Shaqiri

He picked up 5 points against both Chelsea and Arsenal. I wouldn't be getting rid before Spurs and United because he's got great fixtures after those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might be able to bank. Will see when all games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thinking of downgrading Azpilicueta to change Fernandinho to dsilva. Im thinking of Mustafi or Christiansen. Both are around 5.4m and are the cheapest option to get into the Chelsea/ Arsenal defence. Anyone got any suggestions on which would be a better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Yeah Ricky(sorry Benimar) and Gross are season keepers for me. Gross even got 5 points away to Utd today.
    Have Hazard but want to get Salah, current team is,
    De Gea, (Elliot)
    Mee,Yedlin, Klaven, Monreal, Daniels,
    Haz,Dilva,Gross, Ricky, TPT,
    Kane, Kun, Vardy.
    Thinking Dilva/TPT/Vardy
    To
    1.Salah/Shaqiri/Niasse leaves me with .7m ITB.

2. Salah/ Wilson/RLC leaves me with 1.2m could do Klaven to Christianson as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Would like Hazard in my team but for who? My midifeld are all performing well:
    Sane - Salah - Richarlison - RLC - Gross

Richarlison seems the most likely at present given he has tough fixtures over the next 3, but he's producing great returns at a nice price.

Have 4.2 ITB and 2FT so can get to Hazard handily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Time to make a start on the Christmas shopping, hopefully get most of it done in the next gw or 2 but still haven't fully decided what I want, decided I'm definitely getting Hazard, possibly Moratta, ddg or Otamendi

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lukaku to Morata although the last time I got him in he got injured minutes into the game. Hopefully I'll get a better return this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm, will see how tomorrow goes but looking at the following:

Mahrez to Hazard
    Zaha to Shaqiri
    Aguero to Kane

Advertisement