Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 24th Nov

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Was waiting for a book to make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

She's going be signing copies in Easons?? No offence to her, she seems like a really lovely lady, but would you actually bother to go and the book signed??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Weird segue from american "Royalty"to Russian but the nanny to the children of Nicholas II Tsar of Russia was from Limerick. There are claims that the children spoke English with an Irish accent.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/the-limerick-nurse-who-was-nanny-to-children-of-the-last-tsar-1.3001191

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Gibson,Ferrell,Wahlberg and Lithgow on Graham Norton,so nothing exciting there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 The Secret Star

Ah fair play, they're only children themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

1966 wrote: »
    Ok the delivery of the story isn't great ......... but it must've been a fab experience for her

It's mad how tough these people had it going to the US back in those days, no mobiles to ask for help, no plan b for cash, you were on your own, one way.
    Dad's after relaying a story right there now about his father, whose sister left Ireland to America in 1926 and came back to visit in 1933(for the last time) to visit him on the farm in the west of Meath. He cycled with her to Galway for her to catch the ship back to America, before he himself cycled back to Meath. Makes me very sad to picture granddad cycling home alone, I wonder if he knew it was the last time, I guess I hope he didn't, they both passed away in the eighties, so near 50 years apart after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Some people could be in a place 20 years and not have any change in their accent, others would be in a place 6 months and would have picked up the local twang :D

There's a fella living beside me that gave 28 years in London then came home when he retired recently.... You'd swear he never sat foot outside Tipperary!

Gang of us went to Killarney a good few years ago on the beer.... By Monday evening one of the lads had a Kerry twang to his Tipp accent!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,640 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully Tubs has some decent prize for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Tubridy's simpering obsession with anything - even remotely - connected to the Kennedy's is embarrassing.

M

Dementia is such a terrible illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

v1.bTsxMTI5MjI0MjtqOzE3NTkwOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

M

His dad would be a perfect candidate for medicinal cannabis.

Kids with heart ache in their lives turn into amazing adults.

v1.bTsxMTI5MjI0MjtqOzE3NTkwOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

Have to say id take alot of positivity from this piece. Great to see that we have such wonderful conscientious youngsters in this country that are so family oriented. They should all take a bow. Wonderful youngsters. So young and so mature. And fair play to the LLS for showing this. Tubs himself seems genuinely moved by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not to fear people Auto is here :)

Love these children, I’m living the same life as these kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Inspiring bunch of kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Tubridy's simpering obsession with anything - even remotely - connected to the Kennedy's is embarrassing.

He is unreal, at least the Ireland of the 60's didnt know any better, Tubs lives in an era where we now he was very far from saint Kennedy: Bay of Pigs, Vietnam escalation with Agent Orange/free fire zone approval etc etc, Mafia putting him in power etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Really good piece with those kids.

As Tubs said may life be kind to you. Fair play to them all.

M

I'd love to hear Daniel sing some mad rebel song.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 The Secret Star

Is it Daniel or Mario ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Now this is a genuine misery slot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

An that's enough late late for one week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Missed opportunity to reward them with tickets for toy show

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Terrible line up but at least Mario was funny and I am not even a fan of him. He did look really good do must say and his Enda Kenny and Gerry Adams impressions were really good did not think the other ones were great do. Don,t care about the rest of the show watching paint dry would be more exciting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Joe Kernan on accordion?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Easy on the ear...and the eyes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He has a kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Horrible tie and hankie

• Registered Users Posts: 85,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to hear Daniel sing some mad rebel song.

I love to see him take a yoke and do a dance rave song :P

• Advertisement

daniel-o-donnell-october-1987-singer-from-ireland-wearing-denims-stripped-to-the-waist_a-G-4166554-4990875.jpg

Advertisement