Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Screw you last year me. I threw the lights into a box instead of wrapping them neatly around cardboard which I normally do. Spent 1 hr untangling 1000 light set, only to find its broken.

AH no!! That is literally a worse nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

:(

Not even if I got it for free would I eat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am a huge fan of Hummus, it would nearly be a daily staple but no, just no.

That's so funny! :D

• Advertisement

I can't even get my head around how it would taste. :confused:

I'm having one of those mornings so I've just counted how many work days I have until Christmas to make myself feel better. 22 seems pretty doable.

I think it might taste dry. Not sure why but my mouth feels dry just looking at it.

I can't even get my head around how it would taste. :confused:

I'm having one of those mornings so I've just counted how many work days I have until Christmas to make myself feel better. 22 seems pretty doable.

24 for me, 22 is VERY DOABLE! :D

I loved how cold it was this morning, I miss frosty mornings so this was a treat!

I think it might taste dry. Not sure why but my mouth feels dry just looking at it.
    Yes! You're so right. Does anyone know anyone in the US? We need someone to try it out for us.
    Loughc wrote: »
    24 for me, 22 is VERY DOABLE! :D

I loved how cold it was this morning, I miss frosty mornings so this was a treat!
    It was really gorgeous this morning. My perfect Christmas weather.

16 days of work left for me (due to public holidays here), sounds good but I have a hell of a lot of work to try and cram in to that period. Doesn't seem doable. May be an all nighter tomorrow night to hit a deadline.

Anyway, I bought some pressies yesterday. My OH doesn't know what she wants but will tell me when we are back home, that means I won't know until the 14th Dec, lets hope what she want's is freely available.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    16 days of work left for me (due to public holidays here), sounds good but I have a hell of a lot of work to try and cram in to that period. Doesn't seem doable. May be an all nighter tomorrow night to hit a deadline.

I know the feeling about workload and deadlines, but I count my day from when the alarm goes off, I like to think the hardest part of the day is getting out of bed, it's all downhill from there no matter how long the working day lasts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭DvB

23 days left for me (not including today) and each & every one of them will be painful!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Anyone know when Tesco are releasing the home delivery slots for Christmas week? I've checked this morning & they are up to Dec 8th.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Anyone know when Tesco are releasing the home delivery slots for Christmas week? I've checked this morning & they are up to Dec 8th.

There’s some info here. It’s UK based though.

https://www.underthechristmastree.co.uk/supermarket-christmas-delivery-slots/

SuperValu slots have already been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

I have finished buying all the bits and pieces for my husband's Christmas hamper. I'm delighted with what I managed to get for €50!!

I'm considering getting our neighbours one of the Dunnes' hampers as they always look lovely but no sign of them yet this year. It's probably still too early! I could always make my own I suppose!:P

I love a good hamper. We use one of the wicker baskets from last year are our baby changing station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I won a hamper in a charity raffle about 3 years ago, mostly booze. Beer and wine long gone, gin and vodka lasted about a year. Brandy, whiskey and port still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Autosport wrote: »
    Don’t eat pudding or mince pies or drink baileys but I’ve had a few hot chocolates, opened a tin of Quality Streets

Never had a Yule log cake so that will be on my list this year :)

If you have a SuperValu near you I seen Yule Logs in store for 4 euro they are very tasty I had them last year

I’ve counted how many days I have left to work and I already know I will end up doing extra hours it’s all very last minute.com in our office, it will be painful too and certainly not Christmassy
    I get dirty looks for having Christmas FM on, they change the station when I leave the office

It’s funny but I’m actually serious

Literally just checked my calendar for dates next week and realized my tree is going up next week wooohooo

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Literally just checked my calendar for dates next week and realized my tree is going up next week wooohooo

Mine is going up Friday week :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Mine is going up Friday week :)

Can you believe it? the days are going by so quickly now
    I’m hoping to get the tree up the Thursday (day before the toyshow) I’m off the Thursday working the Friday

SarahLil wrote: »
    Can you believe it? the days are going by so quickly now
    I’m hoping to get the tree up the Thursday (day before the toyshow) I’m off the Thursday working the Friday

I actually can't believe it, love that we can say it's Thursday/Friday week and not weeks away! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Your trees are going up , brilliant. We’ve a strict December 8th rule in our house but we have a bit of work to be done in the house before we can get the tree up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Last year we put the tree up on the Saturday after the toy show, had recorded it the night before & watched it with the kids on the Saturday (that way we could FF the adverts & not have them up so late) but this year I reckon it'll be the Sunday as I really don't like the idea of putting it up in November, the thing is we're off to Causey Farm on the Sunday so may not have the time to get everything done in the one day, might end up leaving it until the follwoing Friday Dec. 6th. Will have to have a chat with the Mrs & see what she thinks. As we're still not finished getting the work done on the house we've had to put the decorating to the back of our minds this year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Your trees are going up , brilliant. We’ve a strict December 8th rule in our house but we have a bit of work to be done in the house before we can get the tree up anyway.

I had that tradition growing up at home too but now I have my tree plus my mams so I try do mine for the toyshow and have a little rest then do my mams house between the 8th to 10th

Oh elves it’s all getting so real

DvB wrote: »
    Last year we put the tree up on the Saturday after the toy show, had recorded it the night before & watched it with the kids on the Saturday (that way we could FF the adverts & not have them up so late) but this year I reckon it'll be the Sunday as I really don't like the idea of putting it up in November, the thing is we're off to Causey Farm on the Sunday so may not have the time to get everything done in the one day, might end up leaving it until the follwoing Friday Dec. 6th. Will have to have a chat with the Mrs & see what she thinks. As we're still not finished getting the work done on the house we've had to put the decorating to the back of our minds this year.

Yes the 6th would be nice then you can savor decorating the tree in your newly decorated home ...pure bliss on a December evening

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've to make our puddings before we paint the kitchen/living room.
    Paint the hall.
    We might paint the front of the house if there's a dry mild day.
    Then there's decorating.
    I hope to get the icecles up and window stuff on the 8th and get the rest of the stuff up during the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Plan to a fake one up in the hall end of November and getting real one 9th Dec as want to make sure it lasts well till 6th Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We are putting ours up on Saturday. We always do it the Saturday before the toy show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement